Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:48:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690588
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 840
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Dreadball  (Read 5276 times)

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
    • Wyrd Stones and Tackle Zones
Dreadball
« on: September 15, 2016, 01:45:02 PM »
Here's a pictorial list of my current painted teams and minis. I'm hoping to go through most of what I have before Dreadball 2nd edition is released next summer.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 01:52:35 PM by Jack Hooligan »

Offline mellis1644

• Mad Scientist
    • Adventures in painting
Re: Dreadball
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 02:13:01 PM »
Nice work there.
My painting blog is at: http://mellis1644.wordpress.com/

Offline jambo1

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 03:49:53 PM »
Very nice indeed, i have looked at this game without buying into it but I am tempted, how do you find it? :)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 07:23:00 PM »
I collected the game with 7 teams last winter and really, really love it. I think it is so much better than Blood bowl : it is much faster, more dynamic, more flashy moments, less risk management involved. So I think it is much more fun than blood bowl. The fact they are restic sucks but at 8 models per team it is not that much work to clean them.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline jambo1

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 06:28:17 AM »
I collected the game with 7 teams last winter and really, really love it. I think it is so much better than Blood bowl : it is much faster, more dynamic, more flashy moments, less risk management involved. So I think it is much more fun than blood bowl. The fact they are restic sucks but at 8 models per team it is not that much work to clean them.

Good to know, I really fancy getting into it, may dip a toe this weekend with a purchase!! :)

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 01:32:11 PM »
Yes, there are a lot of advantages to dreadball over blood bowl. With db you get all the painting, building, collecting, and sports league play but a fraction of the time and cost.

Our games frequently finish in about 45mins.

I don't know what is meant by restic though. Is it the material? Is there a certain way I should treat it? I just prime and paint...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 01:39:23 PM by Jack Hooligan »

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 05:09:13 PM »
Finished the Brokkr DreadBall team this weekend.

Wrote about it's inspiration at: https://thepit198.wordpress.com/2016/11/14/dreadball-team-glamrokk-systems-dynamo/

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 06:34:55 PM »
Cool team once again! And restic is indeed the material; the PVC used for almost all models. It's not really great but fortunately Dreadball only has a handful of models.

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 01:09:01 AM »
There's a lot of really cool miniatures in there.  Great job.

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 09:13:31 PM »

I wish it could be done in 15mm. I don't want to buy into 28mm. Perhaps I could convert some figures...

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2016, 09:00:15 PM »

I heartily agree! The game is much more about seeing possibilities and taking chances than the risk minimization game that BB is.

And for the restic, use a brass leather brush after scraping moldlines away. It's almost magic.
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2016, 08:25:07 AM »
I wish it could be done in 15mm. I don't want to buy into 28mm. Perhaps I could convert some figures...

As it's essentially a boardgame, I don't really think the scale is that important is it? I mean, you are highly unlikely to ever use the figures for anything else are you? If it helps, these are quite a "realistic" 28mm scale, and tend to size up rather small to most other models in the same "scale".

And for the restic, use a brass leather brush after scraping moldlines away. It's almost magic.

Yeah, a decent trim with a knife, clean up with a file and some 400-grit sandpaper, finish with a thorough and firm brass brushing.

It's impossible to get display-level quality form the material, but that method of model preparation will give you great results compared to any other, and is 90% what you'd do with any other model anyway.

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2016, 01:16:51 PM »
Another advocate of Dreadball here.  The game is fantastic fun.  Fast and furious as a futuristic sports game should be.

I'm really looking forward to the second edition as the game does need some rebalanced and a bit of a clean up but I've had loads of enjoyment from the game.  I've also got more teams than I'll ever realistically need after going overboard on the Kickstarter many moons ago and having a habit of picking up teams every time I see a sale. 

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2016, 04:23:55 PM »
As it's essentially a boardgame, I don't really think the scale is that important is it? I mean, you are highly unlikely to ever use the figures for anything else are you? If it helps, these are quite a "realistic" 28mm scale, and tend to size up rather small to most other models in the same "scale".

Firstly, I prefer to paint 15's. Secondly, I don't want to pay the price for 28mm when I would prefer 15mm. 

Offline Karadek

• Scientist
    • Xenia Gamers Club
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2017, 05:36:18 PM »
Are these for the Dreadball game or Dreadball Extreme? 

I Kickstarted the crap out of both of them, but I'm ashamed to admit that I've only played three games of the first and none of the second.  I love the game, but it's hard to get people to play it.