Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:36:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690679
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Soldados Pulp Alley Stuff  (Read 18819 times)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: Soldados Pulp Stuff
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2016, 12:02:26 PM »
Easy? I never do it the easy way  :D but thanks for the suggestion, I may well do it in the end but i'm gonna go with squashy initially, that way: A, they'll compress for storage, B, they can act as padding for more delicate items.

Fair do's...
That makes sense to me.
 8)

Offline soldado

• Scientist
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2016, 07:03:17 PM »
Fair do's...
That makes sense to me.
 8)

Makes sense? I must be going wrong somewhere  ;D

Some of the miniatures are progressing now.
1st A random Fez wearing somebody is inspecting the weeping statue for the graveyard.

And now with a giant spider, this will be one of the Dune Stalker nasties.

Here are the 4 Faceless, after one of their number fell to an America archeologist who cheated and brought a gun to a sword fight, the Faceless have embraced modern technology.  :D

And finally guarding a plot point marker here are the risen warriors, still undecided as to whether or not to give them shields.

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2016, 10:29:51 PM »
So cool! Love the models you have for the Weeping Statue and Dune Stalker. And your Faceless Ones look menacing. Did you already start the Tomb of the Serpent scenarios?

Mila Phipps, Pulp Girl
mila@pulpalley.com

Offline soldado

• Scientist
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2016, 08:10:46 AM »
Cheers Wolf Girl

We havent started yet, hopefully start on chapter one this weekend.

Offline soldado

• Scientist
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2016, 07:20:13 PM »
so after a sleepless night I ended up sketching down some ideas for additional rooms for the tomb at the end of the campaign, the idea being that important temples never have just one room, they have lots, if films like The Mummy and Hellboy and Indian Jones are to be believed (turn of phrase) then our ancestors were amazing structural engineers for underground complexes as well as mad ingenious psychopaths when it came to traps.

These are not for use in the campaign, but are more for expanding possibilities.

Here are the first couple of additional rooms.

This one is supposed to be paths above a cavernous drop with similar rules to the tomb with traps the player must disarm this is achieved by completing plot points that aren't marked as yet but will not be next to the traps just to make life a bit more awkward for our plucky heroes.

This ones still in advanced planning stages

A hall of columns, there will be rubble strewn here and there to make the wandering heroes move in not such a straight line for the exit, there will be random bad guys to contend with, but the main problem will be the spider, who I'm planning to move randomly about, if it moves into contact or into an adjacent square will initiate combat. If you lose then you become cocooned.

as it is, its the right idea but im not happy with the columns may need a rethink on how to do them.

more to follow......

Offline soldado

• Scientist
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2016, 09:19:26 PM »
And back to bits for the campaign  8)

Here we have the bits for "The thing in the well" not much needed here.

Some rock outcrops for the desert areas.

And the main graveyard section including the "Weeping statue" for "The evil below"

The extensions for this to make it 18"x18" are drying at the mo.

I found this tower at the craft shop, seems very useful

And as yet I still have no real clue on how to do the terrain for "The sideshow of Horrors"

Offline soldado

• Scientist
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2016, 09:16:09 AM »

First Game Played!!!

So the inaugural game of the campaign played out with the league of the Creeping Claw pitting itself against the servants of Apophis in Grave yard.
This isn't a great battle report, I never remember what happens really or remember to take detailed photos.

The Evil Below
The setup

The Claw and his lackeys approach the graveyard, little suspecting that his notoriety has meant that the servants have called upon the might of a Risen Priest to bolster their forces of 3 Militant Cultists and 2 Fierce Cultists (A dice roll of 2 on the servants chart, should have been 2 Militant cultists and 3 Fierce Cultists but I got confused o_o )

Within the first turn One of the Claws Allies Dr Bodkin reaches the first minor plot point and fails abysmally to push it over, the rest of the league begin fanning out cautiously amongst the graves.
The servants advance and announce their presence by shooting wildly, a few birds were scared but that was about it.

In turn 2 (managed to forget to get a photo)

The Claws sidekick Agatha Aiguille (she likes sharp things) managed to, despite failing her horror check move upto and knock over a pedestal, Bodkin joined by his rather incompetent assistant Igor (who also failed his horror check :( ) failed yet again to knock over the their pedestal plot point. This may have been due to the rather imposing presence of the Risen priest bounding towards them.

The servants fan out with the Priest deciding to ignore the more powerful characters and take on the minions, the cultists carried on their tactics of shooting wildly into the air or waving big sticks around to no effect at all.

Turn 3

Agatha and the Claw ably assisted by Patch the dog attempt to break open the weeping statue and Fail!, Bodkin and Igor get the shock of their lives as having failed to knock over the pedestal in front of them, The weeping statue materialises right there......

The servants Close in our heroes to add to the pressure.

Turn 4

Bodkin decides that dodging away from the priest is probably for the best, leaving Igor Facing the statue alone. Passing his horror check he fails to break the statue which teleports to the far corner of the graveyard. Sensing an opportunity The Claw moves in and having passed a horror check breaks the statue from her pedestal retrieving the Wings of Celerity Relic, claiming its powers for himself and ending the game.

All in a really fun game cheers to the players Dave (The Claw) and Rog in his very first game of Pulp Alley played the Servants.

Offline wulfgar22

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog
Re: Soldados Pulp Stuff - First Game played pg3
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2016, 10:37:08 AM »
Great stuff!

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
Re: Soldados Pulp Stuff - First Game played pg3
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2016, 04:43:32 PM »
Sensing an opportunity The Claw moves in and having passed a horror check breaks the statue from her pedestal retrieving the Wings of Celerity Relic, claiming its powers for himself and ending the game.

Ah yes, the exciting moment that pulp is made of... Well done!

You should be really proud of your amazing terrain projects. Outstanding work.

I can't wait to see more. Are you planning another Chapter 1 scenario or traipsing off to Egypt?

http://store.pulpalley.com/

Offline soldado

• Scientist
Re: Soldados Pulp Alley Stuff - First Game played pg3
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2016, 05:17:47 PM »
Thanks guys, glad you liked it.

David

While the Creeping Claw make his way to Egypt, others as yet unknown will challenge the will of servants of the serpent to claim a relic for themselves!

Other members of the gaming group watched the game and asked about joining in, I could very probably have 2 sets of 4 players running through the campaign at once, but that might get very confusing  o_o

Offline soldado

• Scientist
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2016, 06:30:48 PM »
And with the first game played, some of the action may move to Cairo, so here are the museum and its immediate environs, the area is not as salubrious as it once was.

Still need to attach doors, paint statues and the snake wall, but getting there.

And some more aquarium ruins to be searched through out in the desert.

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2016, 12:44:18 PM »
Great game.

Offline oldskoolrebel

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • My Campaigns
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2016, 07:21:35 PM »
Looks fantastic! Keep up the good work :)

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2016, 10:39:09 PM »
Inspiring work!  :-* :-*

Offline soldado

• Scientist
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2016, 08:51:46 AM »
Thanks for the positive vibes guys.

I'm working on painting some more characters up at the moment, terrain is easy, faces not so much.