Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:44:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690500
  • Total Topics: 118334
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fantasy gaming with Thud and Blunder  (Read 785 times)

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
    • Sally 4th Wargames Terrain & Figure Storage
Fantasy gaming with Thud and Blunder
« on: December 10, 2019, 11:04:45 AM »
We've been meaning to try Thud and Blunder, the fantasy skirmish rules by the 'Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare' ever since they were published which must have been a good four or five months ago. Last Friday, my son, Lewis came over to visit for a couple of days, and it seemed like a great opportunity to give them a go.

We had both read through the rules when they had been published, and they seemed pretty intuitive and sensible, but as it was a first game we limited it to 300 points a side, which is a pretty small skirmish.

I had my 'Blackstone Heath' terrain set up on the big games table, so we decided it would be fun to play a game set on that (it also meant we could get stuck straight in as the terrain was already set up on the table, down to furniture in the buildings!). A 300 point game plays well on a 3' or 4' square table, so we decided to use the Inn and a single tile around it, which gave us a 4' square gaming area. Lewis choose the scenario, which was an attack and defence style game and choose sides. He chose to play the verminous horde of 'Red Claw' the notorious sea rat captain, which meant I got to play the Redwall mice and woodland allies led by 'Mathew the Warrior'

I've added a full write up of the game with loads more photos and handy links to my hobby blog @

http://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/Hobby-Blog/First-game-of-Thud-and-Blund
Chris Abbey
Www.sally4th.co.uk

Offline SpaceGoblin

• Librarian
Re: Fantasy gaming with Thud and Blunder
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 11:34:59 AM »
Wow-I wish I had a game table that amazing  :o :D