Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:38:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690626
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Superb Customer Service from Ramshackle Games  (Read 958 times)

Offline Sunjester

• Mastermind
Superb Customer Service from Ramshackle Games
« on: February 28, 2022, 02:19:55 PM »
I am not sure if this goes here or elsewhere (mods please move if required).

I just want to praise the customer service I have received from Curtis at Ramshackle Games. Although most of Ramshackle's stuff is Sci Fi/Post Apoc, I had seen some of his robots being used for VSF walkers and thought they looked good. So I ordered three robots and one of his little tanks. I mentioned my idea to use them for VSF and he kindly said "I'll add some extra bits for conversion potential!"

This is what I saw when I unpacked the parcel!!!! :o

There are at least 6 sets of robot legs, multiple heads, bodies and stacks of weapons. I have also exhaust vents, pipes and all kinds of other stuff. Curtis is a lovely guy to deal with and very generous so have a look at https://shop.ramshacklegames.co.uk/

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
Re: Superb Customer Service from Ramshackle Games
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 02:22:47 PM »
I'll second those comments. Top bloke.

Offline WitchfinderGeneral

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2022, 08:55:55 AM »
I want to add some praise, too!

I put back ordering from Ramshackle for a looong time. Mainly because most of his stuff is in resin and I don't like resin, because of its brittle nature.
Now I got the itch again and Curtis was very helpful to navigate me to what I was looking for.
I ended up ordering much more than initially intended. Watch for his "10 x pick and mix"! Incredible price/model ratio! He even thew in some free figs, which I didn't saw in his shop but like them very much! Including postage to Germany etc. I was still around 2€ per model which I think is really good.

The sculpts are excellent, bold proportions but still some nice details, I'm looking forward to paint them.
The castings are very clean, no bubbles at all!
Some models are multi-part, but all multi-parts I have came with some options (different heads, arms, weapons), so multi-part acually makes sense.
Models have a cast-on flat scenic base, so if you like flat bases you're good to go.

If you like his sculpts (and I do for sure!), do not hesitate to order!

I don't add a picture because each model is packed in an individual ziplock bag and I don't want to take them out just for the picture. ;-]
"I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 autogyro?"
"Uh, I better look in the manual... This book must be out of date. I don't see "Prussia", "Siam" or "autogyro"...

Offline Ramshackle_Curtis

• Mastermind
    • http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2022, 09:46:41 AM »
Wow thanks for the amazing comments! This is the kind of thing that makes all the long hours and low income worth while ;)

Offline Mammoth miniatures

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2022, 09:47:59 AM »
Yep, I have nothing but praise for ramshackle - excellent minis, excellent service :)

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2022, 09:56:08 AM »
I'll echo the praise as well. I'm also not a fan of resin but ramshackles stuff is so nice it wasn't hard to get over that, plus the way the miniatures are designed (haven't bought vehicles) means that they can actually stand some banging about. Nice and chunky in a good way! Lobster guy is my favourite!