Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:21:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My Prodos Games Aliens  (Read 18172 times)

Offline Ajsalium

• Mad Scientist
    • Role 'n' Roll
Re: My Prodos Games Aliens
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2016, 02:59:49 PM »

They're coming outta the doors! They're coming outta the goddamn doors!
Blog updated Jan 21st
ROLE 'N' ROLL

Tell the truth, do what's right, and face the consequences. -Me.

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2016, 03:04:49 PM »
They're coming outta the doors! They're coming outta the goddamn doors!

Yeah. Seeing some many Marines together makes me think of this trailer for the "Alien: Colonial Marines" game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBiwSzbPOzc

The game sucks but that trailer is awesome, just like the work you did, Michi. Even with the dancing medics  :o

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2016, 03:37:19 AM »
Very inspirational project!  :)
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2016, 07:37:49 PM »
The game sucks but that trailer is awesome, just like the work you did, Michi. Even with the dancing medics  :o

I just watched it. You´re right on that: Great trailer, however I don´t play video games - therefore I can´t judge the game.
To counterweight the funny medics here are some guys who will really mean business to the xenomorphs: Power loaders armed with flamers!

Here are the last models for the human faction in Alien vs. Predator: The Caterpillar P-5000 Powered Work Loader
- or as the Colonial Marines call it: POWER LOADER

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2016, 07:45:46 PM »
Ooo, I like them  8) 8) 8)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2016, 09:34:19 PM »
Brill  8) 8)

What's with the dancing bloke though  ???

cheers

James

From the Colonial Marines Variety Performance Platoon?

Nice job on them.

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2016, 08:34:53 PM »
I got the hint from LAF member Sgt. Scream that there is a ride for my Marines:

M577 Armored Personnel Carrier (APC) used by the United States Colonial Marine Corps is a relatively small and lightweight combat vehicle. It was designed to fit into the cargo bay of a UD-4L Cheyenne dropship to be deployed everywhere in fast response. It weighs less than 15 tons, although armoured and armed and is operated by a crew of two (driver and section commander) and offers space for thirteen passengers. The section commander can manage the operative actions of the soldiers from the build-in Tactical Operations Centre.

The model is from Neca and goes quite well with the AvP miniatures by Prodos scale-wise. Wheels and guns can be moved on the model. The prototype´s wheels were said to be 159cm diameter. Look at the Marine who seems to be a rather tall bloke then. The overall impression suits my taste though. However there is no use in the game for it yet. Vehicles are mentioned in the rules, but are not covered. A tabletop version of the game has been announced and will probably release vehicle rules and a resin model of the M577 by Prodos eventually like they recently did with the UD-4L Cheyenne Dropship, which is not yet covered by any rules either.

Offline Sgt. Scream

• Scientist
    • Small Scale Operations Blog, my wargaming blog
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2016, 09:38:24 PM »
Viewing pleasure.  :-*  Love it.

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2016, 11:39:15 PM »
Where's the APC from?

Offline Sgt. Scream

• Scientist
    • Small Scale Operations Blog, my wargaming blog
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2016, 05:58:10 AM »
Where's the APC from?

The model is from Neca.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2016, 09:22:05 AM »
I really like that one, ace paintjob too! It fits the Prodos marines really well. And your dark brooding painting works well with the imagery from the movies 8)
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2016, 09:31:28 AM »

The model is from Neca.

Yeah. Looking for a bit more as I can't find one.

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2016, 09:42:02 AM »
Yeah. Looking for a bit more as I can't find one.

You´re going to find one at Ebay Germany around 40€, like I did:
http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xneca+m577.TRS0&_nkw=neca+m577&_sacat=0

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2016, 11:04:40 AM »
Thanks very much.  :)

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
Predators now!
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2016, 03:26:54 PM »
YAUTJA:

The Yautja - or as the humans call them: Predators. An alien race from outer space that haunts our world for trophies. There are theories that Earth actually was their place of origin until the entire population of them left it more than 10.000 years ago. Others say they were visitors back then and were worshipped by prehistorical humans who considered them gods. Fact is that they are capable hunters who collect trophies of their most opposing prey. There are several different categories of hunters in their socity...

Warriors

Warriors are armed with a combination of blades and a so-called telescopic combi-stick. They are melee experts and seek close combat.

Female Warriors

Although never seen in any movie, the comic books and novels claim that there are female Warriors too. Yautja society is believed to be a matriarchy with women therefore rather be brain than muscles. Related females form families who settle and breed together while males are sent abroad to live on their own. Fathership means nothing. Male Yautja group to hunt packs and seek glory in trophies and reputation to attract females. It is unknown why females go hunting too - perhaps for sports or for fun...
I was lucky to get one of the rare Kickstarter pledge reward females which can´t be bought. Before that I converted a female fantasy barbarian with parts of some male predators into a female Yautja. This is the one on the right. Regretfully it was brought to my attention later that female Yautja are bigger and stronger than their male mates. If I had known that before, I had chosen a muscular male body and added some breasts instead. Now she is a female youngling who is going to earn herself some respect I say...

Hunters

Hunters are equipped with blades and plasma guns. Therefore they are able to kill at a distance as well as in melee. They are often accompanied by a pack of hounds to track and hunt down their prey.

Berserkers

Berserkers are the most brutal and fierce of the Predators. They are similarly equipped as the hunters, yet they don´t seek the aid of hounds and prefer the direct kill of their game. The reptilian-looking berserker in the center is also a Kickstarter pledge reward which was luckily obtained by me. The miniature perfectly displays the features of the Super-Predator "Berserker" from the movie Predators, but I decided to make his armour resemble some Egytian influenced appearance. Perhaps it was a gift from human worshippers of that region to one of his ancestors millenia ago.