Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:35:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686647
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New stuff for Weird Wars - (15/07/2019) Heer 46 E-100 Kickstarter live  (Read 55883 times)

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
 I recently came across a new site (paperpanzer.com) that looks like it may become a useful source for vehicles/conversion parts - they seem to be about to start with standard scale model bits (1/72 & 1/35) but also mention an intention to do 1/48 as well (many peoples gaming scale of choice).
 I plan on requesting they look at 1/56 (got to be worth a punt) as the products are pretty good - here's a rather lovely converted RSO which should give a hint of the quality.
 Clockwork Goblin have also previewed some new K'47 stuff Soviet werebears, Daughters of the Motherland & some really nice German Paras/jump troops.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 01:34:46 PM by Ballardian »

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
Re: New stuff for Weird Wars
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 06:25:21 PM »
the paras are lovely

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 06:38:46 PM »
the paras are lovely

I just hope that they fit with the Bolt Action plastics, since their metal figures are bigger  :'(

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 07:45:38 PM »
I just hope that they fit with the Bolt Action plastics, since their metal figures are bigger  :'(

What makes you say that ?

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 11:56:44 PM »
What makes you say that ?

By comparing the Samuel figure with the "normal" GIs

Ok, the guy is supposed to be a "Paragon" (sorf of a super-soldier) so they say he's bigger because of that. But even their zombies and Heavy Infantry are bigger than the "normal" figures that Warlord bundles with the starter sets. I guess it's because the Weird War units are made by Clockwork.

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 03:50:02 AM »
I seriously want those Soviet Bears.

Offline Keeper Nilbog

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 10:40:31 AM »
Samuels is a 'Paragon' - US Super Soldier, so is larger than life. All the other Konflict 47 miniatures have been appropriately scaled to Warlords current ranges.

So, you should be in luck with the Para's.

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 01:44:49 PM »
Ballardian - just sent them a message, asking for 1/56 goodies. Maybe if we get enough people we can convince them of the benefits of having a 1/56 range ;)

Offline streetkern

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2016, 07:53:39 PM »
Paras look awesome

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 10:06:19 AM »
Predatorpt - thanks for adding your plea to my own, I did recieve a reply to my request;

"I feel your pain, but running the 1/35 line is already challenging as it is. All of the E items (except the idler) have been scratchbuilt so that would mean recreating them in 1/56, a scale I am totally not familiar with. If you have the skills or know people who have the skills I wouldn't mind getting a selection of these models out there. I would need a solid partner with a profound knowledge of that branch of the hobby in such a case. So many projects, so little time, the etnernal struggle I'm afraid. :-)"

So he's not against the idea, but as a small business he's not currently equiped to tackle what's for him a new scale. So, if anyone reading this does have the necessary skills in making masters/casting why not get in contact with him - letting manufacturers know there's a market out there is the only way we're going to get these subjects in 1/56 - after all, don't we want someone to make this stuff for us? (Apologies to Jeff at JTFM, I know your After 45 stuff is coming & that me whining doesn't make it go any faster :))

« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 02:30:26 PM by Ballardian »

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2016, 08:42:49 AM »
Well there's always CompanyB as well, but I'm not sure if they want the stress. :?

I had seen that larger stuff and wanted some myself, though in the timescale its (somehow) easier to scratch build it myself.

Offline Rich H

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2016, 11:52:43 AM »
Predatorpt - thanks for adding your plea to my own, I did recieve a reply to my request;

"I feel your pain, but running the 1/35 line is already challenging as it is. All of the E items (except the idler) have been scratchbuilt so that would mean recreating them in 1/56, a scale I am totally not familiar with. If you have the skills or know people who have the skills I wouldn't mind getting a selection of these models out there. I would need a solid partner with a profound knowledge of that branch of the hobby in such a case. So many projects, so little time, the etnernal struggle I'm afraid. :-)"

So he's not against the idea, but as a small business he's not currently equiped to tackle what's for him a new scale. So, if anyone reading this does have the necessary skills in making masters/casting why not get in contact with him - letting manufacturers know there's a market out there is the only way we're going to get these subjects in 1/56 - after all, don't we want someone to make this stuff for us? (Apologies to Jeff at JTFM, I know your After 45 stuff is coming & that me whining doesn't make it go any faster :))

I'm mastering some of the vehicles (slowly) in 1/56 for Jeff - The Tortoise, Boarhound and Terrapin are mine.
I know he's also working on the E-series stuff and some others too.    

T-28/T-95 is next from me:

Quality inspector Reid points out any faults.

(Wonkey track fixed!)

But real life keeps getting in the way - too many projects but not enough project time.  
I also keep getting distracted with my own projects (Just ordered 3 Churchills and a load of Desert Rats for King Force).  
Scammell Pioneer appears to have lodged in my brain so that will have to happen too...  

My 'to do' list:
T28/T-95 (Big, slow, 12" armour, armour penetration of >14")
Scammell Pioneer (Because!)
Centurion (MkII probably 20 pdr)

My 'what next' list:
IS-7 (6MGs, 1 HMG and a huge gun?)

My 'maybe never' list:
Conqueror (Because who doesn't like hassive guns?)
Deacon (I've built AEC Matadors so this is realatvely easy)
Dorchester (As above)

Always open to suggestions....  

My previous efforts are mostly here:
http://warlordgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10505

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2016, 04:05:25 PM »
Hi Rich,
I'm mastering some of the vehicles (slowly) in 1/56 for Jeff
I've seen the stuff you've done for JTFM (been following their progress via this & the WG forums) & they look great (I'll be finding shelf space for the Tortoise). Now if we can just clone a couple more of you we can solve all our vehicle availability problems!

Offline Rich H

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2016, 04:12:08 PM »
Thanks!  Not sure about cloning though!  :o

Suggestions for projects are greatly appreciated but i tent to stay in the real (ish) and away from the weird! Mostly because I lack the creative imagination needed!

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2016, 06:45:47 PM »
I appreciate your work, Rich and I will buy some of the vehicles for sure (just ordered my first JTFM model last week).

But I think that the European gaming market would benefit if a European company started doing more of these vehicles, due to the massive taxing that the Customs/postal service across the EU like to apply on parcels coming from outside the said EU  :(

I just hope that the rumours that Warlord will release some "Weird War/Paper Panzers" is true.