Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:27:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New stuff for Weird Wars - (15/07/2019) Heer 46 E-100 Kickstarter live  (Read 55870 times)

Offline wolivant

• Librarian
Cheers Ballardian, looking forward to those...

Wolt

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
The Warlord Maus has already sold out (something that I find ridiculous - why announce with a big fanfare that it's going to be a "Limited Initial Release!" when your company usually does "Made to Order" resin vehicles? How much stock do you have for the release? 5? 10?) so I have no idea about its price.

https://store.warlordgames.com/products/panzer-viii-maus-super-heavy-tank

But the rules are there, so I'll just use the Blitzkrieg Maus...

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
And to finish my rant about the Maus - I've received their newsletter at 13:14 - went to the site at 13:19. In 5 minutes they had sold their stock...I guess it was just 5 tanks  ;D

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: New stuff for Weird Wars - now with added PTO ( more added 22/12/16)
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2017, 03:10:38 PM »
Got a half built one I need to finish...
To echo Ballardian, looking forward to seeing it.

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Did anyone see the price of the maus?

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
Did anyone see the price of the maus?

According to the Bolt Action FB page, it cost £50. And there were only 30 available...

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
Looking at the pics of the WG Maus, I can't see any significant difference to the Blitzkrieg one (including price - both £50 in 1/56, though Blitzkrieg also do one in 1/48 for £60).
 From what I could see;

The turret defense/pistol ports look a little deeper in the WG model
 The shell loading/empty case disposal hatch on the rear of the turret has slightly more detail on the WG model (though bear iin mind that the hatch would have had little detail on it in reality).
 The bolt detail on the mantlet looks a little more pronounced on the WG model.
 I can't really see if the track plate detail is any different on the WG model, though Blitzkrieg's one handles that fine.

So not much different in real terms, if you're after a Maus I think you'd probably be happy with either - WG's one is now made to order (& I don't know how long you'd have to wait for one) while Blitzkrieg's is (I think) in stock - so you pays your money...
 I know that the Blitzkrieg one needed very little in the way of clean-up, a little around the running gear & some slightly visible scan lines from the printed master were still visible on the rear fuel drum, but other than that it was a very clean casting (I suppose it's a failrly simple shape) & went together very well (I suppose I'd better finish mine now I've stuck my oar in ;)).  
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 12:18:06 PM by Ballardian »

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
I've been wanting a Maus for the sake of having one for a while, but not had much justification. The plan's been to wait on Blitzkrieg eventually coming out with their T-54 (which finally has a release date of February) to pick up.

The Maus is a bit of an odd one. It suits a pulp setting, but if you're going for something a bit more realistic its out of place. Not just the practicality of it, but that the E-100 was already penned in as its successor before it was even built (IIRC the British had a low opinion of the half built E-100 they found).

I was actually thinking of buying a random 1/35th Tiger II or something, replacing must of the hull with a plasticard one, and using that as a fictional German super heavy for my own stuff. I'm not sure how that'd work out though.

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
I've been wanting a Maus for the sake of having one for a while, but not had much justification. The plan's been to wait on Blitzkrieg eventually coming out with their T-54 (which finally has a release date of February) to pick up.

The Maus is a bit of an odd one. It suits a pulp setting, but if you're going for something a bit more realistic its out of place. Not just the practicality of it, but that the E-100 was already penned in as its successor before it was even built (IIRC the British had a low opinion of the half built E-100 they found).

I was actually thinking of buying a random 1/35th Tiger II or something, replacing must of the hull with a plasticard one, and using that as a fictional German super heavy for my own stuff. I'm not sure how that'd work out though.

I can get you a 1/48 Tiger II (very old Academy one, half-assembled), lol. My idea was to convert it to an fictional super-heavy but I don't have the talent to do it.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Nah, nah, that's appreciated of course, but the idea's to either be lazy tomorrow and stay in making some SS, or do the monthly thing of going to the model shop and causing the owners concern of their kits well being as I take one away to do nasty things to it... Easiest thing to do would be to make a fixed casement thing probably. Meh, we'll see (I'd err on the side of laziness though).

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
Re: New stuff for Weird Wars - now with added were-bears (more added 22/01/17)
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2017, 02:03:45 PM »
Here's a new Westwind Productions SotTR British Mech to go with the German one shown earlier.
(Also the JTFM Katchen, E-10/25, Leopard & E-25 Shutzenpanzerkampfwagon look like they're about to drop - maybe in the shop on Monday.)

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2017, 02:23:40 PM »
Reminds me of the ADR-04 Mk X Destroid Defender.

I wonder about walker's with no arms, what do they do when they fall down?

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2017, 02:37:10 PM »
I wonder about walker's with no arms, what do they do when they fall down?
The Fly?

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
Re: New stuff for Weird Wars - now with added WW KS (more added 26/01/17)
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2017, 06:43:00 PM »
It looks like WestWind want to dip their toe into KS territory again (hopefully this SotTR one won't go like the last) to produce their new range of mechs (with new infantry types as add ons). The initial mechs include Brit, German & now Japanese models (with alternately equipped variants).

Panzer Mech will focus on producing a new range of 3D designed and printed Weird WWII Mecha.
Backer Rewards: In addition to a great saving on the RRP of the models, backers will have up to 3 mech pilot models added to their reward for FREE.
On achieving our Objectives, FREE Stretch Goal miniatures will also be added to our recommended Pledge Level - "Mech Commander".
Initial Goal; Jotun Panzer Mech armed with the 88mm KwkM46 Schwer Kanon and a 60mm Schwer Granatenwerfer.
As the campaign successfully unfolds, additional models will be added to the campaign as follows;
Flammenwerfer version of the Jotun called the Flammmech "Logi"
British "Bulldog" Mech with twin Quick Fire 75mm automatic canons.
American "Tecumesh" M4-MC a medium mech designed for mass production.
Japanese type 72 MEKA “Akuma jū” Devil Gun
In addition to these cool new 3D Mech, we will be releasing the following models as Add On's:-
Tesla Canon
Red Claw
Cerberus
Templar Aquisitors
Flesh Golem
Oni combat monster "oni-ni-kanabō"
USMC infantry squad
Japanese infantry squad
German Plasma Truppen
As an added bonus we will give our Kickstarter Backers access to our Weird WWII back catalogue at backer exclusive prices, which will feature some fantastic bundle deals.
.............and to round things off we have a few more surprises in store.
This Kickstarter project is due to go live at noon on Saturday 4th February.

Offline Arcturus

• Scientist
Re: New stuff for Weird Wars - now with added WW KS (more added 26/01/17)
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2017, 05:18:19 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up. Looking forward to this KS especially the release of the US Tesla-Cannon.

Any pics of the German Plasmatruppen yet?