Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:15:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686613
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 757
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New stuff for Weird Wars - (15/07/2019) Heer 46 E-100 Kickstarter live  (Read 55877 times)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: New stuff for Weird Wars - (15/07/2019) Heer 46 E-100 Krupp Maus II turret
« Reply #330 on: November 26, 2019, 01:11:33 PM »
It may have been discussed before here. There's a few of those companies selling 3D printed models who make alternative history WWII models. Obviously this is with the caveat that their method of printing doesn't always provide the highest quality of detail, but they're an option.

https://fastarmour3dprinting.com/

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/3dprinterchick/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

https://thetankfactory.uk/index.php?rt=product/product&path=68_77&product_id=218

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
The Heer 46 E-100 kickstarter is now live - www.kickstarter.com/projects/1873378485/the-war-is-not-over-e-100-panzer-in-1-56 , I have my reservations about the model (it looks like a blown up version of his 15mm one - looks fine at that scale, but the detail is lacking at 28mm/1/56, plus the rather over-thick tracks do it no favours), and find it rather disappointing given the generally excellent quality of his other products. Still, until Rich H's excellent version is released by JTFM, it's the 'best' offering in 1/56 available.
 Its available with either the Krupp turret designed for the Maus II, or the fictional turret invented by the scale modeller Micheal Rinaldi (which I'm a fan of) - also the fictional 'Krokodil' Jadgpanzer is an option.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 01:45:54 PM by Ballardian »

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Yeah I'd looked at that, but didn't see any reason to back it. Their E-100's already been discussed here and as you say Richard Humble's one has been concluded as having better details. Its my feeling that the project went ahead as they had a file there already. I'd have prefer the company to be producing vehicles which aren't otherwise on the market or conversion kits.

Its like they seen Die Waffenkammer did the other E-series vehicles and wanted to complete that line before they did an E-100. To me smaller vehicles would be more marketable. But I guess they're aiming for the wow factor with such a large vehicle. Meanwhile I think that had they gone with more Waffentragers or Italian tanks they'd be a better service to the community (seriously, someone make a P26/40 already!).

Oh, and I'm not sure why they list only the Krokodil as speculative, as the other version of the turret available is fake too. Ah well.

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
To me smaller vehicles would be more marketable
- For the most part I agree, I'd be very happy if someone took a stab at releasing a 38d, preferably PAW armed. It'd fit the small(ish), cheap(ish) AFV slot for '46/weird games, essentially a PzIV substitute - (I'm afraid sheer laziness currently prevents me from kitbashing one from a JgPz38t kit).
 Sadly I've no idea when the JTFM version is likely to surface, which only leaves this or the (soo-to-be-released) 1/48 version from Dust.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
I'm making a Panzer 38(t) with Panzer IV turret right now actually (ah, rather than the 38(t) Starr or 38(d) with a Panzer IV turret which were also proposed...). Whilst it wouldn't be an exact match to the real vehicle, you could probably get away with sticking a Panzer IV turret (with a modified commander's hatch) onto Rubicon's recce Hetzer conversion set.

Die Waffenkammer recce version of the E-10 - armed with a 20mm cannon in a turret - may be a respectable option for a '46 light tank too. Even if the Germans were planning on doing away with turreted light tanks and using the E-10 / E-25 for that role.

Respectively though a company which already have access to 38(t) based tanks could get away with mixing and matching their existing kits to make a few of those paper panzers. Or as modellers just buy Rubicon's Hetzer and make whatever you feel like. I mean I'm also making a Ardelt Waffentrager using the tracks from that kit as well (its on hiatus as I'm not approaching week 4 of waiting for Heer46 to even send out my order. God they always take forever  :`).

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
I reckon the problem is usually people go for iconic vehicles. And as some but not all wargamers have interest in history some vehicles don't get miniatures because of their special/rare/unique character. There's the odd good one, like the armed Bedford truck Warlord Games did. But then again, some things, like for instances T-34's armed with Flakvierlings and such don't have models in scales as 28mm, as people will usually just set about converting themselves.

Often there's also prices involved, like say with the Maus in 28mm that retails at 50 pounds, so people usually wait for sales or just plain and simple kitbash. And at times I prefer a good kitbash, makes things look more tailored to the person that created it and so on and forth.

Part from that I might have a look at either side!
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
It'd fit the small(ish), cheap(ish) AFV slot for '46/weird games, essentially a PzIV substitute
That is what I am using the Carro Armato P43 (Bis) for (though it is nearer a Panther).

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
Indeed, a points-cheap medium for weird war would be welcome, as in the games I usually play (SotTR & Achtung Cthulhu) anything bigger than a PzIV tends to be a points sink - my Maus's have spent more time as static scenery or objectives than being pushed around a table, hence my desire for a 'cheap' what-if tank like the 38d.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: New stuff for Weird Wars - (15/07/2019) Heer 46 E-100 Kickstarter live
« Reply #338 on: July 14, 2020, 12:29:29 PM »
Didn't see this mentioned. Seems that along with the E-100, Heer 46 is finally getting around to selling some of the whifs their name pertains to (still no E-50 like they use on their site's background image...).

Based on their other stuff it may not hold up to the existing Die Waffenkammer E Series vehicles. However, they're another option, and a being a European based seller doesn't hurt either. We'll have to see how this stuff is priced to truly compare this stuff to the existing vehicles from Die Waffenkammer though (which are priced as a niche product).

We are working further on the E-series. In our next update we can show you some pictures of the production of the E-100. The E-25 master is printing now at the moment and we've already begun with the E-10! This one was planned with an elevation control to sink the whole hull and to create a lower silhouette when lurking. For this we have designed the tracks so you can turn them around to keep both options.

(and off topic, I finished that 38t with Panzer IV turret months ago... No of course I haven't gotten around to taking pictures  ::) )

Offline Frostie

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #339 on: July 21, 2020, 09:38:48 AM »
Would be great to have a lot more in 15mm

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #340 on: July 25, 2020, 05:34:26 PM »
Just a tease from Heer46. Another Waffentrager is coming to their site (on the right of the image).

Edit: Oh and whilst any prototype vehicles are cool to see, it does seem odd that nobody's made the Krupp-Ardelt Waffentrager which actually saw production and combat. Heer46 do the gun already (which I bought and have been using to build the vehicle from).

« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 05:36:40 PM by Wyrmalla »

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #341 on: July 25, 2020, 05:44:29 PM »
So what are the other two?

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #342 on: July 26, 2020, 12:52:47 AM »
An Sd.Kfz 247 - which Heer46 already sells, they're just getting a restock - , and some large scale artillery piece (the Germans had that many that I'm not even going to attempt working out which one this is). The same thing goes with the waffentrager;  there were that many that I won't bother checking what it is till it hits the Heer46 site.

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #343 on: July 26, 2020, 01:25:45 PM »
Thanks.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #344 on: August 10, 2020, 10:03:53 AM »
Heer46 E-25 master's been printed. They'll be availabe in 1/100 and 1/56.