Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:11:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689541
  • Total Topics: 118285
  • Online Today: 646
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hasslefree having a sale but not posting orders til November (amended title)  (Read 3591 times)

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
The notice below was posted on Hasslefree's front page on Saturday 15 Oct:

"We're Closed for Mail!

Please sign up for our newsletter on the right there to find out more details (next newsletter Wednesday), but we are closed for mail for a couple of weeks.

Wednesday's newsletter has the, good, reason why :)

Any orders already in will be resolved, and will also have a 'sorry you missed the reason' in with them ;)

We need a bit of breathing room to catch back up after the flu, the Kickstarter and now me having to live at the unit because my bathroom doesn't currently exist :D We'll likely be back to normal service starting in November. Like I said, check out Wednesday's newsletter!

Did I mention the newsletter?

Arty."

I'm not sure what "closed for mail" means (and obviously can't ask!), but the reference to "orders already in" suggests that the shop is shut too.  I would have waited until the newsletter before passing this on, but when first posted the notice promised the newsletter "tomorrow" (Sunday 16 Oct), then on Tuesday (18 Oct), so I guess it might not turn up today either.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 08:14:18 AM by Steve F »

Offline Artemis Black

• Bookworm
Re: Hasslefree closed til November?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 06:10:18 PM »
The notice below was posted on Hasslefree's front page on Saturday 15 Oct:

"We're Closed for Mail!

Please sign up for our newsletter on the right there to find out more details (next newsletter Wednesday), but we are closed for mail for a couple of weeks.

Wednesday's newsletter has the, good, reason why :)

Any orders already in will be resolved, and will also have a 'sorry you missed the reason' in with them ;)

We need a bit of breathing room to catch back up after the flu, the Kickstarter and now me having to live at the unit because my bathroom doesn't currently exist :D We'll likely be back to normal service starting in November. Like I said, check out Wednesday's newsletter!

Did I mention the newsletter?

Arty."

I'm not sure what "closed for mail" means (and obviously can't ask!), but the reference to "orders already in" suggests that the shop is shut too.  I would have waited until the newsletter before passing this on, but when first posted the notice promised the newsletter "tomorrow" (Sunday 16 Oct), then on Tuesday (18 Oct), so I guess it might not turn up today either.

Closed for mail means we aren't posting anything out until that date that wasn't already ordered.

And the newsletter date changed twice unfortunately, as I've been stuck at a hotel as the house has no toilet/running water :)

Home and working on the newsletter/explanation now.

Offline Artemis Black

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 10:53:12 PM »
Still working, so it is delayed again :) Just one of those things, off back to the hotel for the night!

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 07:58:59 AM »
Must be a pain in the a***...

Thanks for the clarification. Please bear in mind that as a customer, what I really need to know is not the cause, but the effect: I'm not here to judge your reasons, but to decide whether, how and when to order and pay for goods, in the light of their availability and shipping dates.

But you do have my sympathy.  Good luck!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 08:04:00 AM by Steve F »

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 02:51:45 AM »
But, they are now having a fantastic 20% off Halloween sale.

Won't ship until November, but well worth the wait.

I seriously just stocked up on a bunch I've had my eyes on for a while.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 08:09:58 AM »
But, they are now having a fantastic 20% off Halloween sale.

Won't ship until November, but well worth the wait.

I seriously just stocked up on a bunch I've had my eyes on for a while.

Wait, can we buy now - so the store part is still open? It's just delayed shipping is all?

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
I've changed the post title to avoid further confusion.

The newsletter reads:

No Mail for 2 Weeks!

Right, after a month of ups and downs that all led to minor delays/issues we 'really' need a break to catch everything up.

(The flu, a Kickstarter, my bathroom needed entirely replacing banishing me to a hotel and Jenn attending a family reunion in the States, all in one month!)

Our 'aaaaaargh, I just need a minute!' period is your gain! :D

So, may I present, your gain...

The Big 2017 Halloween Sale!

Our biggest sale of the year!

Use the code 'HALLOWEEN2016' to get a whopping 20% discount of most things* and a discount of everything else.

Input the code on the final 'confirmation' page, at the top. If you hit the payment page you went too far.
(Don't write it in the comments box, it just makes me smile but does nothing ese ;) ).

*New releases, red box, some other stuff, are all just reduced rather than the full 20% off)

The sale runs until Bonfire Night, that's Nov 5th for non UK people who have no idea what I just said :)

Please remember, no mail will be posted until the sale is over, the discount is in return for the slight wait :)

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
I just made an order and it shipped 14 October.  :?
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
I just made an order and it shipped 14 October.  :?

It was on 15 October that they made the first announcement.

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
It was on 15 October that they made the first announcement.

Yeah, I know. Just my luck.

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
 ;D ;D ;D

Regarding my recent purchase for the sale:

I opened up my email and noticed my Paypal receipt, and thought  "how come I didn't get a confirmation from Hasslefree'?

me not so smrt somtime.

Offline Artemis Black

• Bookworm
Yeah, I know. Just my luck.

Not to jinx you but you 'might' be in luck. It's close enough to the date it may have slipped into the 'freebie' pile.

Every time we run a sale or promotion we tend to reward people who ordered just beforehand with a freebie. Cross your fingers? :D

Offline Artemis Black

• Bookworm
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2016, 06:09:47 PM »
Must be a pain in the a***...

Thanks for the clarification. Please bear in mind that as a customer, what I really need to know is not the cause, but the effect: I'm not here to judge your reasons, but to decide whether, how and when to order and pay for goods, in the light of their availability and shipping dates.

But you do have my sympathy.  Good luck!

That's fine, we try and include both, you can just ignore the reasons part *grin*

We'll be back to regular service following the promotion.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Does no mail also mean they're not answering enquiries? I sent a stock question in a few days ago and have yet to receive a reply. I don't want to place an order without an answer, but there's only a couple days left on the discount.

One of the problems I have with HF and the main reason I always wind up postponing an order from them is that anytime I look at the site, half the things I want to order are out of stock. If I was in the UK, this probably wouldn't matter, but paying for shipping to Canada is no small consideration. This is again the case where several figures I was hoping to pick up are out of stock, and I want to know if there's a way for me to order everything in one go so that I can pay shipping once, even if it means I have to wait a month or two or even three longer.

Now that I think about it, this exact situation happened the last time HF had a big sale, only I didn't bother trying an enquiry, I just forgot about it again. I'd really like to actually finally place the order this time.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 01:32:16 AM by FramFramson »

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
Lack of metal stock and the practice of showing prices ex VAT really put me off. I shouldn't put an order in the basket and then see a whopping chunk of VAT added on. It might help sales outside the UK but it really annoys me. I haven't made an order from Hasslefree for years, probably since Sally was running it.