Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:13:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686445
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hasslefree having a sale but not posting orders til November (amended title)  (Read 3584 times)

Offline Citizen Sade

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
I'm in the same boat as you, Wachaza. I used to be a regular customer, but the pace of the releases of the sort of metal figures that interest me put a stop to that. Still, you've got to cater to your target demographic, I suppose.

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
Well there is always Wayland Games. Those guys always have stock, even when they don't.  ;D
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline Artemis Black

• Bookworm
Yes we do, that's how you stay in business :)

Although I don't know why people think we release less metal, we don't, we just release a lot of resin as well now, a lot of which never makes it to metal as it's not meant to. I guess the disparity makes it seem like we release less metal or something.

As for emails etc, then yes it does kind of apply to that, we're in the middle of a huge overhaul. We've been through a prolonged period of growth and as a result the place is a bit of a mess, we haven't caught up on repairing moulds and so on.

Anything out of stock for any period of time is usually broken, and we have a very long mould list, this closed period will help though, more than a dozen moulds going off next week.

Kev's busy on KS minis for months yet, but we are now working with other sculptors who have tested out for us. Which means we should be fine for releases during the entire KS period.

As for the VAT thing, that's a sore point really. I would prefer it to show VAT or not depending on where you're from, but the website is bespoke and thus it costs a fair bit to change something like that. Unfortunately that means the cost vs annoyed people ratio is huge as we only get someone mentioning it every few months and not many dumped baskets etc.

Once you work out 4.17+VAT means £5 then that's the majority of the problem fixed :)

Offline Artemis Black

• Bookworm
sent a stock question

What codes you after?

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
What codes you after?

Hi Artemis,

In stock:
- HF4003B Tiriel (40mm resin)
- HFH098 Argia Tholos
- HFN024 Hamlet
- HFA132 Major Stephanie
- HFA160 Dynamic Jynx
- HFA154 Jynx
- HFA144 Pilot Vic
- HFSF127 Justice Sedante

Out of stock:
- HFH054 Sarah
- HFGGL6 White Tiger
- HFA141 Dakota

Of those, White Tiger and Dakota were among the most important of all the miniatures I was hoping to get.

EDIT. Hm, looks like you restocked Dakota in just the past day or two. So really it's only White Tiger (which I badly want and am more than willing to wait for, even if I have to pay full price) that's OOS at the moment. Sarah would be nice, but is not a big deal either way.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 07:37:24 PM by FramFramson »

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Artemis Black

• Bookworm
Hi Artemis,

In stock:
- HF4003B Tiriel (40mm resin)
- HFH098 Argia Tholos
- HFN024 Hamlet
- HFA132 Major Stephanie
- HFA160 Dynamic Jynx
- HFA154 Jynx
- HFA144 Pilot Vic
- HFSF127 Justice Sedante

Out of stock:
- HFH054 Sarah
- HFGGL6 White Tiger
- HFA141 Dakota

Of those, White Tiger and Dakota were among the most important of all the miniatures I was hoping to get.

EDIT. Hm, looks like you restocked Dakota in just the past day or two. So really it's only White Tiger (which I badly want and am more than willing to wait for, even if I have to pay full price) that's OOS at the moment. Sarah would be nice, but is not a big deal either way.

White Tiger back in stock. Make the order up to goody bag level and write 'Sarah' in the comments and I'll find an old master and throw it in the bag ;)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Afraid I was miles off... the game wasn't worth the candle since I'd be near doubling the order size just to pick her up. But no hard feelings, glad I was able to get pretty much everything else, all of which was more important. Order placed and paid.

Thanks again!

Offline Artemis Black

• Bookworm
Afraid I was miles off... the game wasn't worth the candle since I'd be near doubling the order size just to pick her up. But no hard feelings, glad I was able to get pretty much everything else, all of which was more important. Order placed and paid.

Thanks again!

No worries, if you get 'super' lucky I'll remember your name ;)

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
Yes we do, that's how you stay in business :)

Although I don't know why people think we release less metal, we don't, we just release a lot of resin as well now, a lot of which never makes it to metal as it's not meant to. I guess the disparity makes it seem like we release less metal or something.

So, there are some resin models that will never be metal?

Just curious, what is the rationale in that?  I don't particularly care for resin, and have never really understood why it benefits us as customers, when it is double the price.  The detail of a resin sculpt is slightly better than metal, but unless one is a serious good painter, it is negligible. 

Offline Artemis Black

• Bookworm
So, there are some resin models that will never be metal?

Just curious, what is the rationale in that?  I don't particularly care for resin, and have never really understood why it benefits us as customers, when it is double the price.  The detail of a resin sculpt is slightly better than metal, but unless one is a serious good painter, it is negligible. 

There are lots, mostly the skyclad ones that won't cast in metal without being cut up, which we don't like doing with naked figures. Also the dollies won't go to metal. And some of the variants are resin only.

The detail difference is also definitely not negligible, time to pop to specsavers ;) Imo Griffin do the best metal minis in the world, but our resin guys Grey Matter, also imo, do the best resin available. The difference is very noticeable, metal simply can't compete with the smoothness and sharp detail of a resin master.

The difference is less so with production resin and cheaper resin figures.

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff

The detail difference is also definitely not negligible, time to pop to specsavers ;) Imo Griffin do the best metal minis in the world, but our resin guys Grey Matter, also imo, do the best resin available. The difference is very noticeable, metal simply can't compete with the smoothness and sharp detail of a resin master.

The difference is less so with production resin and cheaper resin figures.

Well, damn, I guess I'm going to have to get a few of the Hasslefree Resin then and compare!!

;)

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
Was going to place an order mainly to get a single figure - HFA050 Cobra - but he is out of stock.  The others that I was going to order are in stock but are "nice to have" rather than needed.  Certainly not needed enough to warrant buying them and then sending later for a single figure.  Pity the website does not allow an order & pay now and send when in stock option. Ah well I need him for a grandson's game so I'll search elsewhere for a substitute.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

Offline Artemis Black

• Bookworm
Was going to place an order mainly to get a single figure - HFA050 Cobra - but he is out of stock.  The others that I was going to order are in stock but are "nice to have" rather than needed.  Certainly not needed enough to warrant buying them and then sending later for a single figure.  Pity the website does not allow an order & pay now and send when in stock option. Ah well I need him for a grandson's game so I'll search elsewhere for a substitute.

That kind of system just leads to unhappy customers (or jokes like McFonz made about Wayland :) ). You might be happy but we get a lot of customers who don't read the small print, or for whom English is a second or third language etc.

We 'do' sometimes pre-order things, but we only do that when we know they will arrive. If a miniature is out because the mould is broken or similar then we have to wait until we get the castings in as if we pre-sell them and the mould still doesn't work I have to email dozens of people and explain. Not worth the hassle at either end.

For your specific code, Cobra will be in in about 4 weeks from his existing mould, so we'll likely pre-order him before the sale ends. His new mould will be a couple of weeks later and then he'll go back into permanent stock.

Offline Citizen Sade

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
What ever happy to the young female villager, Arty? I mean the young, unarmed, fully clothed, slightly coquettish one. She seems to have disappeared from your site without ever being released. Will she ever make it into production in metal?

Offline Artemis Black

• Bookworm
What ever happy to the young female villager, Arty? I mean the young, unarmed, fully clothed, slightly coquettish one. She seems to have disappeared from your site without ever being released. Will she ever make it into production in metal?

She's called Young Maiden, blacks of her are in the big pile next to me for arranging moulds. So yes, she'll show up in metal :)