Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:14:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Malifaux Blessed of December painted up (warning: slightly nipply images)  (Read 2467 times)

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Latest Malifaux fig painted up, the Blessed of December, which is apparently a female not-wendigo:

This is the plastic kit, and quite a bit different from the older metal mini.  More bestial and with a huge rack of antlers added on, presumably to create a link to the Snow Storm mini.  Also much more prominent nipples, but this thing's so inhuman that it can't possibly be a bit of tasteless cheesecake.  They saved that for McMourning's nurses.

All in all, I think I prefer the older design.  Have to see if I can find one at a reasonable price, although that may be unlikely.

On the plus side, the plastic kit does go together nicely and is reasonably durable without any fancy pinning required.  Can't say that about most of the old metals.

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
Fantastic paint, you've really brought out the character.

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Not hard to do, the sculpt does most of the work.  Although I was tempted to splash a bunch of red gore around the jaws and claws and on the base to make her look like she'd been engaging in some cannibal feasting.  Maybe if I do another sometime I'll try that, and maybe add some dismembered body parts from zombie or Kroot plastics as well.  On reading up, December's cult is pretty much all about homophagy.

Offline madaxeman

• Scientist
    • Madaxeman.com
That's a really good colourscheme - I'd been in two minds about replacing my proxy for this model, but this paint job really makes it look proper.
Web: Madaxeman.com
On Twitter: twitter.com
On Facebook:  facebook.com
Devon holiday?: The Captains Cottage Brixham

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
That's a really good colourscheme - I'd been in two minds about replacing my proxy for this model, but this paint job really makes it look proper.

Thanks.  I usually use the box art as inspiration, but a purple wendigo didn't work for me at all.  Wyrd's artists seem inordinately fond of purple even when it doesn't make much sense.