Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:49:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Goalsystem] Super Mission Force  (Read 48745 times)

Offline Randall

• Student
Re: [Goalsystem] Super Mission Force
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2016, 04:06:59 PM »
Glad to hear it, Scott.  I'm definitely looking forward to Super Mission Force.  I'm happy to say I picked up Void Pirates as soon as I saw your announcement.

Is there any possibility in the future of Goalsystem dice?  I realize there are other options out there, but they're not perfect (and, yes, I am lazy).

I know there was the possibility of custom dice with the SuperSystem kickstarter  :'( that didn't come to pass.

What does Chessex need for a minimum order?  How many of us would need to get together to have some Goalsystem dice made?

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2016, 05:54:57 PM »
Glad to hear it, Scott.  I'm definitely looking forward to Super Mission Force.  I'm happy to say I picked up Void Pirates as soon as I saw your announcement.

Is there any possibility in the future of Goalsystem dice?  I realize there are other options out there, but they're not perfect (and, yes, I am lazy).

I know there was the possibility of custom dice with the SuperSystem kickstarter  :'( that didn't come to pass.

What does Chessex need for a minimum order?  How many of us would need to get together to have some Goalsystem dice made?

Thanks, Randall! Custom dice would be great. The samples I got made from Chessex were great.

Here's the quote I got from Chessex back in 2014:

At any quantity of 500 or greater, the pricing for this process would
be $.42 per engraved face.  This would make dice with three engraved
and three blank faces $1.26 per die.  I might be able to begin the
price down to $1.00 per die depending on how the samples behave once I
have your design. 

At this point, getting 500 made would be steep. Not sure if I am up to another Crowdfunding adventure at this point, but if folks wanted to go in with me to fund this, I'd be up for it.
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline Zeebeest

• Bookworm
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2016, 08:12:48 AM »

I would be very interested in the dice and would easily take 30 or something.

What would it take to get some is a good question.

Greetings,

Zeebeest.

Offline Hat Guy

• Mastermind
  • If you want peace, prepare for war.
    • Superhero Gaming Blog
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2016, 09:50:20 AM »
I'd take 20-30 dice as well, preferably in different coloured lots of 10.

Also up for playtesting Scott!  :D

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2016, 11:58:11 AM »
Ok, I'd be up for 30 dice as well.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 01:17:33 PM by fergal »

Offline Erethor

• Assistant
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2016, 11:58:57 AM »
Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm a big fan of the SuperSystem games, but a stripped down version similar to Void Pirates would be pretty awesome! I would be up for playtesting, please.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2016, 12:25:21 PM »
I would be interested in 20 dice too! Really prefer these types of dice to simple d6 8)
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Troll

• Librarian
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2016, 02:23:56 PM »
I would buy some dice and would pick up the new rules as well.
"If there is a universal mind must it be sane?" Charles Fort

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2016, 05:04:21 PM »
Folks, I am getting close to releasing a play-test document. Just needed today to polish up a few things. Very glad for all of your collective enthusiasm.  :)

I will likely make it a no-frills PDF and throw it up on my Box.com account, then post the link here.

The cover is in progress and Alex and Carrie are really doing a great job on it. Joe D. has some great ideas for an elegant, accessible layout, so we're rolling on this one. A couple of weeks of kicking the tires in play-test, and I think we'll be close.

Just remember--this is not SuperSystem. We've made concessions to detail for swift character creation and faster play. I am hoping it will hit the sweet spot for folks who liked the way Void Pirates plays and want to play supers in the same way.

We shall see!

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2016, 05:14:06 PM »
I'm going to have to repurchase some supers figs, aren't I?  Knew I shouldn't have sold all 500+ of them a few years back when the local SS group fell apart.

Sigh.  Where's that Old Glory Army card?  At least the new crop will be better painted.  :)

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2016, 06:28:14 PM »
Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm a big fan of the SuperSystem games, but a stripped down version similar to Void Pirates would be pretty awesome! I would be up for playtesting, please.

Thanks for stepping from the shadows to throw your hat in! Much appreciated!

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2016, 06:47:38 PM »
I'm very curious to see how this will work out. I love SS for the depth of character creation possible but also found that it's easy to build fairly unbalanced teams in it, since the range of powers and abilities is so broad. Having a bit of a framework to work within with those stats might not be a bad idea to get everything a tad more in line with each other.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2016, 07:11:59 PM »
I love SS for the depth of character creation possible but also found that it's easy to build fairly unbalanced teams in it, since the range of powers and abilities is so broad. Having a bit of a framework to work within with those stats might not be a bad idea to get everything a tad more in line with each other.

I think that is a HUGE problem with supers games is that a comic writer writes a story where Black Widow and Thor both equally contribute to a combat, but a skirmish system just can't cope with that with any kind of balance.  Role playing, maybe, but skirmish, nope.

SuperSystem gives you the framework to make whatever you want, but the onus of balance is on the players/scenario makers.

I'm super stoked to get the new game on the table with my girls, looks like I'll be able to play next weekend.  It fits my needs, but doesn't allow for the 'anything goes' that SuperSystem offered.

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2016, 08:25:01 PM »
OK, folks! Here goes:

https://app.box.com/s/4sx2qknhb2nd4ptn8o4wrvmqd3ldgoa6

Keep in mind this is a play-test doc. I've run a few small games only so far. Also, there's no layout done on this yet, so the presentation and arrangement can and likely will change.

Obviously it helps most if you actually play games, but pointing out errors, inconsistencies, and other niggles will be of great service too.

Above all, thanks for your enthusiasm! It drives me forward.

I spent many long hours on the fireground so that I could have the free hours to work on projects like this.

It's nice.

Offline Hat Guy

• Mastermind
  • If you want peace, prepare for war.
    • Superhero Gaming Blog
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2016, 11:12:18 PM »
I think that is a HUGE problem with supers games is that a comic writer writes a story where Black Widow and Thor both equally contribute to a combat, but a skirmish system just can't cope with that with any kind of balance.  Role playing, maybe, but skirmish, nope.

The Mutants and Masterminds RPG did that balance a little too well, which is another problem. Every character ended up with +10 to their attacks, which made for dull combats.

Got the PDF, will give it a go at PAX Melbourne on the weekend if I can convince the boss.