Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 09:27:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Blue Moon to release Zombies!!!  (Read 6618 times)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Re: Blue Moon to release Zombies!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 10:28:29 PM »
But who would have thought it the golden age of Zombie miniatures in the space of a year or so I have seen lots released :D when you can pick and choose you know it has reached the "Golden Age"

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 11:16:57 PM »
Is there anyone still resisting the zombie craze?  ;)

Yes - me!  ;)
I just don't get the obsessive fascination with zombies. Vampires, yes. Mummies even. But why have zombies become the pre-eminent manifestation of the undead in popular culture - including on the wargames tabletop? Somebody please explain!

What's more, there must now be almost as many zombie figures out there as French Napoleonic and Waffen SS!
I mean, how many 28mm zombies can people possibly need?!!!

(Okay, don't answer that  lol)

I guess they either float your boat or they don't...  :?

I'm with capthugeca on this one. Can we move onto the next craze please?

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 11:24:04 PM »
I just don't get the obsessive fascination with zombies. Vampires, yes. Mummies even. But why have zombies become the pre-eminent manifestation of the undead in popular culture - including on the wargames tabletop? Somebody please explain!

If I had to guess, I'd say that the other undead forms--vampires, mummies, werewolves (do these last qualify as undead?), etc.--all seem a little dated and quaint.  Thus pop culture has turned to the, until recently, less explored subject of the zombie, resulting in a slew of movies and the current zombie wargaming craze.  I should add that if many wargamers are of a particular age (30s to 50s, as a guess), then they were exposed to the first of these zombie flicks, Dawn of the Dead, as teenagers, and the current zombie craze fuels their nostalgia needs. 

More answer than you were expecting, huh?  :)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 11:26:24 PM by Mancha »

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2009, 04:22:36 PM »
a second look, and i'm less grumpy today....yeah i'd probably buy some of them....but still not foaming at the mouth....

:(

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 05:20:19 PM »
Actually, after I went back and had a better look at them, I realised that the multipose ones are only split at the waist, not actual kits as I first thought.

So yeah, revision on my part too. I've seen worse, and these are good for what they are, but still, not as much possibility as I'd first hoped.

Mind you, that wheelchair bound FDR zombie is pretty darn nifty.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 06:47:21 PM »

If I had to guess, I'd say that the other undead forms--vampires, mummies, werewolves (do these last qualify as undead?), etc.--all seem a little dated and quaint.  Thus pop culture has turned to the, until recently, less explored subject of the zombie, resulting in a slew of movies and the current zombie wargaming craze.  I should add that if many wargamers are of a particular age (30s to 50s, as a guess), then they were exposed to the first of these zombie flicks, Dawn of the Dead, as teenagers, and the current zombie craze fuels their nostalgia needs. 

More answer than you were expecting, huh?  :)

No. Good answer. makes sense, thanks.  :D
(Zombies still do nothing for me though)
 ;)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2009, 07:36:42 PM »
Blimey.. have to get back to painting the shamblers I already have.... (much too many of...)

Painting isn't fast these days with me travelling to and fro Copenhagen each day, though (got a 2 month extention on my current employment, but have to work over there instead of on Funen, where I live). 3 hs each direction....
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2009, 05:19:00 PM »
These are slowly growing on me....still don't like the ones with weapons, or the WW2 personalities, but the others might fit into a horde somewhere (although i have the horrible feeling that they might sit there for while, due to the extra hassle of assembly...i know i know i'm lazy).

Does anyone know if there is there a UK distributor for them - don't fancy getting stuffed by customs charges, P&P etc...

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2009, 07:52:52 PM »
Old Glory UK should get them - they have the other Blue Moon stuff.

Offline MuleSkinner

• Librarian
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2009, 12:06:27 PM »
just had a look on the old glory uk site, they don't have them yet.
pity, i would have bought a box  :'(
Minor skin grafts can be performed on pigs by covering any cuts and grazes with thin strips of bacon.