Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:51:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689615
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My Feeble Attempts at Teutonic Efficiency  (Read 6111 times)

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
My Feeble Attempts at Teutonic Efficiency
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2007, 09:45:27 AM »
Hmm, should I try this GOMC1 thing?
I have figures already but I heard the rules were not good. Your write up a while ago seemed to contradict this and clearly you think it worth while to put some effort into it. They look good by the way, have you seen this Necromundaheim gang?
http://zugrub.chez-alice.fr/negromundheim/IDTIII/window.php?10
There's a pimped Judge for you!

can someone give an honest appraisal of the starter box contents please? You know, type and quality of the figures, description of any innovative and '2000ADy' rules. (I won't use the card scenery).

'Someone' means you Poly of course  :wink:

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2007, 12:57:45 PM »
The local group is knee-deep in a Gloire campaign right now, but in another month or two we'll probably switch to something else. I wonder if GOMC1 would appeal. I have to admit I'd love to dig in to some old-skool Dredd stuff.

So how'd they do, Poly?

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2007, 01:04:53 PM »
Love the Pink Judge.

Can't really speak for the contents of the boxed set, as I ain't seen 'em. Don't own the game myself, and the owner of the game hasn't shown me the original  figures, but he says he didn't like them much.

I have had a quick glimpse of the "card" buildings. Nicely drawn, but they look really flimsy. Seem to be on thick paper rather than card. There's also a floorplan sheet but I didn't really get a look at that.

I don't know what the whole thing sells for, but I don't think I'd buy it. I wouldn't mind owning a copy of the rules, but I'd like to buy just the book. I don't think you can get it on its own at the moment. Boo.

I wouldn't be into it at all if someone else hadn't made original leap. To be honest I would have said it isn't really my type of thing. But if I'm going to expect the others to play my Great War and Darkest Africa stuff, sometimes I just have to put up with their Sci-Fi nonsense in return. As it happens we've all had so much fun playing the game that I'm now into it to the extent of wanting to paint my own figures. No one is more surprised about that than me.

I'll get back to you on the rules themselves, I want to go and eat something right now.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...