Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:03:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Project Z Motorbike gang - kitbash suggestions  (Read 2846 times)

Offline JohnDSD2

• Librarian
Project Z Motorbike gang - kitbash suggestions
« on: October 30, 2016, 09:03:07 PM »
Anyone tried any kit bashing with these?
There are plenty of legs, arms and heads but only 8 torsos, so any suitable torso out there so I can increase my gang?

Thanks.

Offline Weezbeez37

• Bookworm
Re: Project Z Motorbike gang - kitbash suggestions
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 10:39:36 PM »
I'm in the process of building up a biker gang at the moment and one of the convertions that I did was take the male survivor with the trenchcoat, heat up the "tail" of the coat with a heat gun and glue it to a riding biker to simulate the coat flapping in the wind as he drives down the road. It was a little fiddily getting the arms on the handlebars to line up to with the torso but once I got it to fit it worked like a charm.

Weez

Offline audrey

• Scientist
    • My Oubliette
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 06:04:54 PM »
I used both the male and female survivor kits to make 10 gang models. I was focusing on foot models so none are on motorcycles. 6 were straight from the Biker kit though I made some weapon swaps to give more variety. I also used the survivor with the trench coat and a viking head (bearded). Plus the survivor wearing a generic t-shirt & jeans. I used the extra biker gang weapons and head on him. For the leader I used some Spec Ops legs with the biker leader torso. The female bikers are smaller than the female survivors. They work ok for arm swaps or some head swaps. But you can tell a slight difference if you were trying to mix different arms from different sets. These kits give you a lot more options if you have them all. I was lucky to get the original WGF survivor kits so I have a lot of extra parts to play with.

-A
Mistress of slayage

My Oubliette:
http://audreysoubliette.wordpress.com

Offline JohnDSD2

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 10:53:03 AM »
Thanks for the help.

Has anyone tried any kitbashing with figures that aren't in the Project Z range?

Cheers

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 10:56:32 AM »
Thanks for the help.

Has anyone tried any kitbashing with figures that aren't in the Project Z range?

Cheers

I haven't tried it yet but I have some of the Studio Minis plastic zombies to do cut and shut conversions.
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Maccwar

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 02:35:22 PM »
I was curious if any of the Mad Robot torsos would work.

https://madrobotminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=212

Offline nedius

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 03:23:35 PM »
Isn't madrobot 'Heroic' scale?

If so, they are closer to 40K Astra Militarum scale, so would need kitbashing with Catachans.

I have hesitated to get the biker gang as I don't need bikes - but would they make good wastelander/raiders for Fallout? would like to see your gang pictures, see some inspiration

Offline Cory

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 03:42:31 PM »

I have used a couple of the heads from the female survivors on newer Infinity models, they worked well.

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 06:56:20 PM »
I've not tried it yet but some of the less "decayed" zombie bodies might be usable.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

Offline audrey

• Scientist
    • My Oubliette
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 09:07:28 PM »
The problem trying to use other stuff is the Project Z/WGF figures are more "realistically" proportioned. So a lot of other manufacturer's figures are too bulky. Hasslefree miniatures may work. The Project Z female zombies didn't have any useful parts that could be used off the sprue. Most would need some work to make them look less dead. I don't have any of the Project Z male zombies to compare.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 09:11:48 PM by audrey »

Offline nedius

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 12:57:39 PM »
The problem trying to use other stuff is the Project Z/WGF figures are more "realistically" proportioned. So a lot of other manufacturer's figures are too bulky. Hasslefree miniatures may work. The Project Z female zombies didn't have any useful parts that could be used off the sprue. Most would need some work to make them look less dead. I don't have any of the Project Z male zombies to compare.

the other issue is that their figures are not very interchangeable. Each figure has one or two sets of arms, but those arms ONLY fit those bodies. They can be trimmed and repositioned onto others, but often need additional rescultping to look right. My raiders are kitbashed from the Project Z survivors (when they were still Wargames Factory), and repositioning arms was a pain.

Offline audrey

• Scientist
    • My Oubliette
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 05:31:53 PM »
Here is a photo of the figures I have finished assembling. I just got the core of them primed this past weekend. The 3 not pictured (they aren't totally assembled) are the converted biker leader, female biker straight from kit and female survivor using biker kit head.

-A

Offline JohnDSD2

• Librarian
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2016, 01:46:23 PM »
Thanks all for the advice, keep it coming if there is anymore!

Like the MadRobot torsos, as they have the top and bottom rocker but will they fit ok, that's the big question. Might just need to take a punt on it.

Offline nedius

• Librarian
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2016, 06:41:34 PM »
They wont likey work. The heads will look tiny on heroic scale torsos. That said, would be interested to see how it turns out