Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:36:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686604
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Working on SMF 'online character creator' - feedback welcome  (Read 15882 times)

Offline Bob Hume

• Bookworm
Re: Working on SMF 'online character creator' - feedback welcome
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2018, 01:45:58 PM »
I havn't been able to get it to load for the last couple days.
I will destroy your puny planet with my Alludium Pew 36 Explosive Space Modulator.

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2018, 01:54:07 PM »
I havn't been able to get it to load for the last couple days.

Thanks for the heads up, didn't upload a new file that cleans up the trash once in a while.  Give it a spin now.

Offline Bob Hume

• Bookworm
« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2018, 09:15:27 PM »
It's good :)

Offline kimryoung

• Bookworm
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2018, 02:46:57 AM »
I came up with a work around to large number of notes for characters (mostly Supers, Powerhouses, Sorcerer’s) that cut off the notes for lack of space.

Say you create a Powerhouse of two archetypes. The order you select the archetypes is the order they will print out the notes as well as the order you select the powers on the notes.

Figure out where the notes cut off, than go back re-create the same character and reorder the archetypes and powers with the ones that got cut off picked first. Between the two print outs you should see everything printed out.

You can now copy and paste to MS Paint then select the notes only for each and copy and paste back to Word creating a 2 page card you can print out on two sides. Now you will get everything from the character generator all listed on two pages.

You can then add any of your own notes for other trade-offs and limitation options as well by adding text boxes from Word to the print.

It’s pretty minimal work and everything looks the same.

Kim

Offline Bob Hume

• Bookworm
« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2018, 12:55:03 PM »
I was doing something similar. I just created new characters with the powers and cut and paste. I am still using 6x4 cards also. This is working really well. Kim, you saw my cards at the convention game I ran. Since Fergal was kind enough to change that light grey, these print well now. Also I laminate them and for some reason the lamination makes the printing much more readable then just off an unlamented card. I don't put the pictures on the cards now, but that wasn't necessary anyway. Pretty happy with this Fergal, thanks for your efforts.

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2018, 03:29:34 PM »
I was doing something similar. I just created new characters with the powers and cut and paste. I am still using 6x4 cards also. This is working really well. Kim, you saw my cards at the convention game I ran. Since Fergal was kind enough to change that light grey, these print well now. Also I laminate them and for some reason the lamination makes the printing much more readable then just off an unlamented card. I don't put the pictures on the cards now, but that wasn't necessary anyway. Pretty happy with this Fergal, thanks for your efforts.

Not to sidetrack this discussion, but I am curious about the con game. How did it go? Did you get many players? What models/characters did you use? Any pics?

Thanks!
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline Bob Hume

• Bookworm
« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2018, 08:51:24 PM »
It went really well. Look under Daycongaming.com. There are a few pictures under 2018. I set up a town and they fought it out. I ran it twice. Had 10 players each time and each played 3 characters. Kim played in one of em. They were having a great time picking up cars and throwing them at each other, or breaking street light poles and hitting others with em. Those that had the strength for that. Your rules were a big hit.

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2018, 01:52:51 PM »
It went really well. Look under Daycongaming.com. There are a few pictures under 2018. I set up a town and they fought it out. I ran it twice. Had 10 players each time and each played 3 characters. Kim played in one of em. They were having a great time picking up cars and throwing them at each other, or breaking street light poles and hitting others with em. Those that had the strength for that. Your rules were a big hit.

Thanks! Checked 'em out!

Offline Bob Hume

• Bookworm
« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2018, 01:20:22 AM »
 The guys running the con have a Facebook account and told me a lot of people made comments about the system and everyone enjoyed it. I also ran the Gaslands game too. Those are all my cars on there. Ran it twice as well. Had 10 players in that each time too. I was a busy boy during and awfully tired after.

Offline kimryoung

• Bookworm
« Reply #99 on: May 08, 2018, 02:17:17 AM »
Yep, Bob did great job. Hopefully when I get back from vacation we will get together again for more SMF.

This can work well as a convention game, possibly with a bring and play!

Fergals character creator really helps getting games ready to go quickly. Would like to see Street Henchmen added for hordes of Hydra Agents, Yancy Street gang, or the US Army hunting down the Hulk!

Thanks All!

Kim

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2019, 07:08:55 PM »
Any chance this can be udpated to 2nd ed for the release?  I have a convention game in September and I would love to use this system to create the character sheets.

Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #101 on: August 20, 2019, 03:26:24 PM »
I will talk to Rusti about it, but he has been pretty busy with non gaming stuff of late.

I will happily help you stat up characters for your event if he cannot do it.

Offline Cusm

• Assistant
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2019, 08:19:20 PM »
Has anyone created a sheet/card for any of the version of Doctor Who? What about John Constantine and/or the Watchmen?