Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:58:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686604
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Parroom Update  (Read 4363 times)

Offline Thunderchicken

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Amusingly clumsy.
Parroom Update
« on: February 13, 2009, 09:11:55 AM »
Just for your information Malamute pointed me in the direction of this article confirming Parroom was moving from LWR to Brigade Games:

http://theminiaturespage.com/news/30426/

On checking the updated Parroom site I noticed some of the range was missing. I e-mailed Bob and he has confirmed that some of the range, including the flyers and Brit infantry has been discontinued for re-working. Hopefully they'll appear soon as they're the two products I'm after!   
Don't!

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
Re: Parroom Update
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 09:25:17 AM »
Nice figures.  I have only painted one - below.
(I know I've posted before, but who knows.  Someone might see it and feel the urge to buy some  ;) )
And bought a couple of others from a fellow LAF.  Just one more range I will be able to buy from BG.  (What's happening to LWR?)

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 09:29:43 AM »
I'll simply say this: I'm thrilled that Parroom is being sold through Brigade. Ordering from LWR in the last couple of years had been increasingly difficult, with sometimes months of waiting and no communication, etc. I know they were having issues, though, and I wish them the best.

Hope that Bob doesn't re do those British -too much-. I love the range.

-Doc

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 09:32:02 AM »
Thats great news :D

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 12:14:02 PM »
Excellent news. 8)
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 12:24:32 PM »
Here's a Parroom villainous Prussian, Baron Von Gruber:

(Any excuse to post a pic! ;) )

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 12:50:35 PM »
I think that change might work. And hopefully their figures might reach in a better way to our continent!

But seeing the latest hobby news I see the shape of the world to come:
If you notice the boards we usually visit (like TMP, SDforum etc, you will notice lots of acquisitions, merges etc:
Just the last few days, news:
BF buys GF9 and Military Illustrated
Artizan design goes to North Star
Parroom to Brigade games

and so on, not to mention lots of earlier news!
It is obvious that business should make profits, It is also obvious that profirable companies will find their ways to buy better position in the market.
Is that the future? Will "giant monopolies" rule the hobby? Will small manufacturers end as parts of the  giants?
How the changing (evolving?) world will lead to a good/similar/better/worse future.
Can we keep the diversity in our hobby? and how?

some questions I do not have the answers. The answers will obviously will come with time!
argsilverson

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 01:16:33 PM »

Artizan is just outsourcing its "Sales" arm.  There is no change of ownership, nor "partnership" as such.  Gripping Beast have been using the same "system" for ages.

It should mean that new figures will be released more frequently as Mike can devote more time to the Creative side of the business.   :)

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 02:23:14 PM »
I think you will see some of the moderately successful companies being bought or partnering with slightly larger companies. We did that with Brigade. We are still completely independent and control our rules, but in order to devote more time to them, we partnered with Brigade on figures. Both of us benefit. These types of partnerships only make the hobby stronger as smaller companies reach greater distribution through the partnerships.

I don't think you will see the hobby-business disappear though. For every article about someone buying someone else, there is another announcing a new company with a new line of figures.
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 10:23:03 PM »
I agree. I think there's still a market for smaller companies. The key for smaller companies, or those of us planning to start them, is to exercise common sense, which doesn't always happen in this industry (or any other) for startup companies. Patience, concentrating on getting out a good product, completing a line, etc, are all really important; more so in the economy as it is.
Just my two cents, of course.

-Doc

Offline flooglestreet

• Scientist
    • Old Spaceways
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 11:17:02 PM »
I think that change might work. And hopefully their figures might reach in a better way to our continent!

But seeing the latest hobby news I see the shape of the world to come:
If you notice the boards we usually visit (like TMP, SDforum etc, you will notice lots of acquisitions, merges etc:
Just the last few days, news:
BF buys GF9 and Military Illustrated
Parroom to Brigade games

and so on, not to mention lots of earlier news!
It is obvious that business should make profits, It is also obvious that profirable companies will find their ways to buy better position in the market.
Is that the future? Will "giant monopolies" rule the hobby? Will small manufacturers end as parts of the  giants?
How the changing (evolving?) world will lead to a good/similar/better/worse future.
Can we keep the diversity in our hobby? and how?

some questions I do not have the answers. The answers will obviously will come with time!

Its deliberate, all part of a nefarious plot by the Secret Masters of Fandom! lol

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
  • Focus of Mission plus Logistics will carry the day
    • Armored Ink
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 12:02:55 AM »
I have seen many many small companies come and go. Even some larger manufacturers. It is really about how popular your line of figures or rules are for how long. GW pushes their market with rule changes, eliminate and add new figures, others buy up smaller companies. Ive watched all this over the last 40+ years and know that new small start ups are out there soon to open their doors to some new niche area not covered by the larger companies :) and sooner or later the biggest companies drop their slow moving lines from their catalogs and shortly there after the period gets popular and in come the small companies.
http://armoredink.blogspot.com/

Painting Pledge for 2014 Cthulhu Wars and all expansions figures to paint! Arrrgh!

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 10:20:31 AM »
I'm actually looking forward to this.

I've been eyeing up the Parroom Station stuff for ages, but was always put off ordering by their frankly confusing website. Having Brigade handle all that seems like a great move and I will be happy to send Lon some of my cash.

(Eventually. Real life and other shiney things may delay any potential transaction.)

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 01:34:48 AM »
I've been eyeing up the Parroom Station stuff for ages, but was always put off ordering by their frankly confusing website. Having Brigade handle all that seems like a great move and I will be happy to send Lon some of my cash.

I love Lon's minis and service, but quite frankly, his website could use a little sorting out too. 

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 02:03:12 AM »
I'm actually looking forward to this.

(Eventually. Real life and other shiney things may delay any potential transaction.)

Here here. That website was terrible.