Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:37:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Watchful I Studio miniatures  (Read 4777 times)

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
Watchful I Studio miniatures
« on: November 21, 2016, 12:44:52 PM »
Has anyone seen these guys? They appear to have released some historical and fantasy Chinese miniatures.

http://www.watchfulistudio.com/

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
Re: Watchful I Studio miniatures
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 04:49:19 PM »
I have most of the first release and they are very nice. Very clean lines as you would expect from digital sculpts. Unfortunately they are just too small to go with my existing John Jenkins Designs figures  :'(.  I contemplated starting over with these as the JJD are like rocking horse poo and it is very difficult to expand but with the import duty etc. ordering from the States makes these a tad too pricey for me.
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline Freelancer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 02:02:45 AM »
I have an army of their historical range:  http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=92268.0.
Nice crisp sculpts. The Fantasy stuff looks like it has turned out well.

Offline Mr Saturday

• Scientist
    • Mr Saturday's Mumblings
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 11:55:46 AM »
I love the temple guardians and the terracotta warrior range. Sadly I have the same issue as Svenn, they are just too small to match my John Jenkins and Renegade minis. I may pick up some temple dogs and replace the riders, and I will definitely be getting a Xing Tian when it's released.

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 12:25:17 AM »
Got the terracotta boys off eBay....sitting in a bag somewhere but they looked very nice. Didn't compare them to anything else as loads of stuff turned up that day....I have to sort my hobby out  :D

Offline WatchfuliStudio

• Assistant
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 12:59:16 AM »
Hello everyone and happy holidays. I hope everyone is enjoying the Terracotta army look and design. We have a few more sculpts to show off such as a catapult and a few new monsters that are being worked on. I am hoping we will be ready to release the army in early 2017 so keep an eye on the website or sign up for the newsletter to stay informed.

In the meantime, I am offering a 20% discount on the entire store starting Friday, November 25 and ending on Wednesday, November 30. Just use the coupon code ChineseAdventure when you check out and see what we are currently offering at www.watchfulistudio.com.  Happy Holidays.

Joe

Offline macsparty

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 07:40:14 PM »
I have a pretty good number that I have been slowly working on, and took advantage of the 20% off offer to get some crossbows and levy. I'm planning to use them with an adjusted version of Lion Rampant. We'll probably call it Fu Dog Rampant since the more appropriate Dragon Rampant seems to have been taken! :)

A catapult sounds great. Definitely looking forward to seeing where this goes. I don't have any period minis from other manufacturers, so this is it.

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 11:18:48 PM »
I saw the range in the flesh so to speak at Fall In.  Beautiful figures.  Just need to clear some of the painting backlog first.
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline WuZhuiQiu

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 03:55:58 PM »
What are they made of? In the webstore, some look metallic. Are they pewter, plastic, or resin?

Offline Freelancer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2016, 09:11:51 AM »
Pewter

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 06:03:48 PM »
Looks like the Mauryan Empire is their next range:

http://www.watchfulistudio.com/mauryan-empire.html

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 03:56:28 PM »
Looks like the Mauryan Empire is their next range:

http://www.watchfulistudio.com/mauryan-empire.html

Now that is very interesting...

Offline chantyam the 2nd

• Assistant
  • Grrrr...
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2017, 05:17:42 PM »
That new purposed range is indeed interesting..

Offline jcspqr

• Librarian
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2017, 11:54:03 PM »
any idea as to when the Indians will be released?

Offline WatchfuliStudio

• Assistant
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2017, 09:23:14 PM »
Hello everyone and thanks for the support and kind words. Currently our entire range of miniatures are cast in metal but recently I began a new investigation into plastic and currently have a few quotes being worked on. We will see how that transpires.

We are currently finishing up the Terracotta Army range and will show off most if not all of the range at Adepticon in Chicago next month. I will be launching a Kickstarter for the Terracotta stuff in either April or May. I have been posting progress pictures on the website under the Projects page and I need to post up the 3D prints of the Guardians of the Underworld which I just finished cleaning and assembling this past week. The last part of the project currently being sculpted is an Emperor Dragon with various riders and a 'fighting platform'.

The Terracotta range was the perfect excuse to also flush out the historical range including an officer mounted on horseback, more weapon options for the officer, improved shields with 'handles' making them easier to glue, a catapult, and some hero types such as necromancers and exorcists.

Starting in April my sculptor will begin work on the Mauryan Indian range starting with the historical stuff first. I am hopeful that I should have some 3D prints to show off at Historicon but we will see. I would like to have the Indian Kickstarter later in the year probably around late Autumn or early Winter.

I hope that answers your questions and sheds some light on my plans but of course a battle plan never survives contact with the enemy. :)

Ideally, I want to find a European partner to make it easier and cheaper to get my products but if that doesn't work out I am heavily considering attending Salute and perhaps one other European show in 2018.

Thanks,

Joe