Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:16:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Zombie Science - Mobile Command Centre  (Read 8386 times)

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Zombie Science - Mobile Command Centre
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 02:13:37 PM »

Quite impressive!  :-*
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 02:29:04 PM »
Bloody marvellous, I say! And inspirational, too  8) 8)
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2009, 02:53:29 PM »
wow! awesome truck! reminds of universal soldier as well.....great anti zombie force the tents look great,

Offline SamuraiSeapig

• Assistant
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2009, 05:16:00 AM »
Where do the computer consoles come from?

Thanks,

michael

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2009, 06:49:01 AM »
SamuraiSeapig.  those computers are from Coppelstone KKBB range
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2009, 07:04:14 AM »
The whole project is fantastic

very well done and put together.

dodge

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2009, 10:07:42 AM »
Thanks guys - its been enjoyable putting together (and not finished yet).

Trouble is, everytime i paint more troops, i think i need more zombies...... and then more troops....and then more zombies....  ;D

Most people's reaction when they see them for the first time is along the lines of "the zombies will be mown down", but i'm a firm believing in creating tactical problems for the players to solve.

Firstly of course, there is a fairly limitless supply of zombies in a post-apoc scenario, so the "dead" can be recycled back onto the table - i'm building some spawn points at the moment for this purpose.

Secondly, all that kit, tanks, APCs, Humvees etc sounds great, but in practice, it can become a liability, blocking Lines of Sight, burning up limited supplies of fuel, and requiring troops to be detailed to protect the conmvoy, raather than proactively hunting for zeds.  My eventual plan, is to run an urban game, maybe as a "rescue" mission, with all those vehicles rolling down a narrow street, when the zeds start to spill out of the surrounding buildings.... ;)

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2009, 02:30:56 PM »
What more can you say
WOW :-* :-* :-*

and I don't even like zombie games.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2009, 02:47:17 PM »
Thanks guys - its been enjoyable putting together (and not finished yet).

Trouble is, everytime i paint more troops, i think i need more zombies...... and then more troops....and then more zombies....  ;D

Most people's reaction when they see them for the first time is along the lines of "the zombies will be mown down", but i'm a firm believing in creating tactical problems for the players to solve.

Firstly of course, there is a fairly limitless supply of zombies in a post-apoc scenario, so the "dead" can be recycled back onto the table - i'm building some spawn points at the moment for this purpose.

Secondly, all that kit, tanks, APCs, Humvees etc sounds great, but in practice, it can become a liability, blocking Lines of Sight, burning up limited supplies of fuel, and requiring troops to be detailed to protect the conmvoy, raather than proactively hunting for zeds.  My eventual plan, is to run an urban game, maybe as a "rescue" mission, with all those vehicles rolling down a narrow street, when the zeds start to spill out of the surrounding buildings.... ;)

well the good thing about the tank is that it has three 50.s and we now make 120 beehive round for them now. think grapshot only with about 150 toungston steel darts.
Not good on buldings but, could deffantly shred a person or two. And they can move pretty fast to for a tank. But the thing that sucks for them in an uban envierment is that they have tons of blind spots, but baring they dont run into any thing, throw a tred or run out off gas there really isnt any thing the Zeds could do to them, and that also includeds the strikers.  if i was the troops I would just butten up, and face out and shot any thing that moves or run it over. the armerd HUMVs would have combat locks on thouse 300LB doors and you cant put your fingers in the groves. The windows would also be bulistic glass so you wouldnt be able to punch threw it. "even if you were dead" they would just beat there fists into nubs.
Guys in soft skin hummers are screwed if they get surronded. Canvues and plastic doors wont stop any thing.

I would mix it up a bit and also have it so at lest in the begging the, Natinal guard think there just moveing in to suppress some riots, so say they only take like two magazins at first and when shit hits the fan, they have to fight there way back to the armory to get the heavy guns, ammo, and explosaves.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 02:54:47 PM by commissarmoody »
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2009, 03:09:29 PM »
Of course you are right about the awesome lethality, of the modern day weapon systems, but i see it going something like this:

Armoured vehicle drives into a densely packed crowd of a few thousand zombies crushing dozens, maybe hundreds of them.....

....armoured vehicle eventually becomes stuck in a morass of undead body parts, vehicle/barricade wreckage, debris etc etc....

...crew bail out and get eaten, or stay buttoned up, and starve.

Zombies win.

;)

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2009, 09:21:41 PM »
Love the Command centre!
Something Crooked this way comes...
http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/
Wargaming in the world of Cult TV

Offline Bellboy

• Bookworm
  • Pass me that box marked 'Grenades'.
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2009, 09:27:46 PM »
I LOOOOVE THESE!!!

:-* :-* :-* :-*
When you absolutely, positively have to kill every motherf****** in the room, accept no substitute.

Offline RAVEN

• Assistant
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2009, 02:47:43 AM »
WOW!!! :-*

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2009, 04:45:09 AM »
Quite beautiful, Akula. And I must agree, that's a very sound idea for a Zed-based scenario. Dunno how many of you have seen the second AvP movie (dreadful, that) but the national guard moves in with humvees, a stryker and what-not, but despite what they were packing everyone was whacked in short order. I know aliens and zombies are very different, but that same principle remains when dealing with a force they're not prepared for. lol
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline Dan

• Mastermind
    • Wades World of Wargaming
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2009, 07:56:07 AM »
I'm going to have to steal lots of your ideas , LOL just kidding . I'd love to see a game report when you get to play.

Bako , I watched AvP II on Sunday and this does remind me of it .