Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:40:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690723
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hi from Lincs UK  (Read 1216 times)

Offline gunny63

• Lurker
Hi from Lincs UK
« on: November 29, 2016, 10:33:08 PM »
Hello all, a quick introduction, My name is Graham Green, I have been painting for over 30 years, I am living in Stamford Lincs, but was originally from South London, I used to be a member of a couple of wargames clubs down there and was a prolific painter and co founder of 'Special Forces' painting service, but dropped out due to real life issues, however as my life has returned to sanity my paint brushes started to itch so I came back to the madness, I don't play games much anymore except for AVP. my interests range from LOTR (not the films or GW) to all things 'aliens' (my all time fav film), I am a Vietnam Reenactor and a Colonial marine costumer, my current painting project is AVP and is almost complete involving everything from Face huggers to a dropship! I look forward to getting to know people here and sharing an enjoyment of this hobby. Thank you

Offline Ragnar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Re: Hi from Lincs UK
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 02:42:26 AM »
Since this post seems to have been overlooked, I'll roll out the welcome mat.

Welcome to LAF!  I for one will look forward to seeing your non Peter Jackson style LOTR and the Alien franchise is great and excellent wargaming fodder.
Gods, monsters and men,
Will die together in the end.

Offline Stavros

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 09:52:17 AM »
Greetings from a fellow 'Yellow-belly'. I do reenactment as well, clanky stuff which does take up most of my free time from spring to Autumn so these cold winter months are when i get to game and paint minis. Have fun  :)

Offline marrony

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 07:49:47 PM »
Hello.  :)
'The night is gone and the sword is drawn.And the scabbard thrown away!' -Cry of the People by John G Neihardt.

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 01:02:54 PM »
Welcome sir!  There are a few of us about!

There are several posters (and lurkers) here from Lincoln, and of course you are now in the heartlands of wargaming  ;)  Although you may find Peterborough more convenient, you're still within shouting distance of a lot of great stuff.  Some fantastic shows and clubs locally - in fact a new gaming venue has just opened up in Lincoln called Imp Gaming.

Cheers,

Derek
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 01:07:34 PM by Momotaro »

Offline janner

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Laughing Cavalier
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 02:15:38 PM »
Welcome aboard, Graham, as well as back to the hobby fold  :)

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 09:17:09 PM »
Welcome Graham, I have most probably seen you dressed up in Vietnam gear at Stoneleigh Militaria fair or other places.
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt