Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:46:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Zombicide Black Plague: Thrud/To-me Ku-pa questions?  (Read 2398 times)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Zombicide Black Plague: Thrud/To-me Ku-pa questions?
« on: December 15, 2016, 12:30:30 PM »
Ok, this may be a stupid question but....

I have the cards etc from the Carl Critchlow expansion but not the miniatures or rules.
I am assuming that we can just proxy the figures and use the cards, the thing is, I was wondering why there are five Ku-pa cards.
Do you use them all in the deck at the same time to counter balance the abilities of Thrud and companions or just one?
How many Abominations do you need to be able to use them?

It may sound daft but without the rules I am not sure.

Also, I have the cards for other languages which will not be of any use to me as we will only use the English versions, so if you want any of them, send me a PM.
 :D

Offline Pijlie

• Mastermind
    • Pijlie's blog
Re: Zombicide Black Plague: Thrud/To-me Ku-pa questions?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 02:54:42 PM »
You use (at least we do) all the cards. This enhances the chance of TMKP to appear and might give him an extra Activation if he is already on the board. The latter based on the rule that if you draw a card and do not have any example of that figure left to place on the board, all the figures of that type get an extra Activation.

That rule sure encouraged my painting speed by the way....
I wish I were a glowworm
'cause glowworms 're never glum
How can you be grumpy
When the sun shines out yer bum?

http://pijlieblog.blogspot.nl/

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 03:03:52 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up, Pijlie.
It is as I suspected but not having the rules myself, and only having played four times, I thought that I should check first.

One more question: There is only one Abomination in the starter box (as far as I know), should you use more or is one sufficient?
I am guessing one is enough as the card basically gives TMKP an extra activation when drawn again and also activates the Abomination. Well that is way that I read it.

Love the game, by the way.
Best new board game that I have played for a long time.
 :D

Offline psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 03:42:45 PM »
You use as many of the cards as you like. As Pijlie said, if he's already in play when his card is drawn again, he gains an extra activation. However, it's worth noting that the more Necromancers of any type in the deck, the harder the game becomes (because if enough of them manage to escape the board, the game ends automatically, and while they're in play more zombies are spawned).

Even when using the Cabal rules, you should probably limit the number of Necromancers in the deck (a combination of standard and characters). I've seen 6 mooted around as the optimal number, but you can adjust to taste.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 03:49:05 PM »
Thank you!

Being fairly new to this I appreciate the advice as I would not want to put the rest of our group off by suggesting things are made too difficult to succeed, would I?
 ;)

Looks like we are good to go with these cards then, just need to proxy in some suitable figures.
I am sure that will not prove difficult.
 ;)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 06:51:55 PM »
The game is, often, quite easy if you get a certain combination of skills or equipment.  As designed, yes you would place all of the cards for the character into the deck.  As mentioned, if drawn when the character is in play he performs an immediate activation.  If the character has been slain and is drawn again, he joins the game again as normal.

About the only way to really fail certain scenarios is to run into some of the special necromancers or have a really bad draw.  Some of the missions place entry points very close and occasionally enough necromancers can exit for you to lose.

Speaking of Black Plague I just remembered I received a Murder of Crowz expansion.  That makes stuff far more difficult (in a good way).  Movement 3 creatures which ignore all terrain and go straight for the heroes!
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Hobbit

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 02:58:35 PM »
Wolfsburg also ups the ante somewhat - especially the Wolf Abomination. Love the game but think it needs more armour and shields and could also use some potions in the deck (like single use spell cards).

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 03:22:42 PM »
Yeah, I've got the wolves as well.  We find the game really fun until we get to the level where we can get the red super-duper gear cards.  Combine that with certain skills and the game flops into easy mode sometimes.  If you remove or break up some of these combos it's a really, really good game.