Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:55:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 40K Inquisitor Warband  (Read 2832 times)

Offline the_inquisition!

• Bookworm
40K Inquisitor Warband
« on: December 14, 2016, 09:26:13 PM »
With the release of the Imperial Agents Codex this seems like a good time to brush off an old project that is starting to gather dust, a project that I should be a little more ... inquisitive about  ;D

I plan to build and paint 3 Warbands based on a particular look and theme as well as the team's Ordos:

1) A concave of classic Spanish Inquisition-looking guys (Hereticus);

2) An undercover team on an Imperial world, like Eisenhorn or Ravenor (Malleus); and

3) A special forces team which incorporates aliens, like Seal team six meets Guardians of the Galaxy (Xenos).

I have got the first team converted and mostly painted, but they're a bit rough in places. Internet cookies for guessing manufacturers:

L to R: Sister-Paladin Huss, Inquisitor Bella Ortega and Master Astropath Cyrus Rex.

L to R: Scribe Ignatius, Interrogator Fabio Corteaz and Techadeptus Reince.

L to R: The Countess, Alpha-Level Telakine and Quote, Recon Skull.

To to list

1. Bases - I have some granny-grating so I might use this to make technological-looking bases,
2. Bella Ortega - just does not look right me, and
3. Anything else you can think of!

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
Re: 40K Inquisitor Warband
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 09:55:50 PM »
A good start. Inquisitor warbands are always fun to put together. I had quite a bit of fun with Inquisitor 28 way back when. Maybe I should brush it off and have a look again.

Offline Torben

• Scientist
  • Scatterbrained Wargamer!
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 11:01:39 PM »
A good start. Inquisitor warbands are always fun to put together. I had quite a bit of fun with Inquisitor 28 way back when. Maybe I should brush it off and have a look again.

Well, there's always Rogue Stars... ;)

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 12:03:27 AM »
Awesome painting! I hope to get such warbands into some use with Rogue Stars now!

Offline the_inquisition!

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 08:53:20 AM »
Insert Quote

Well, there's always Rogue Stars... Wink

Awesome painting! I hope to get such warbands into some use with Rogue Stars now!

Cheers dudes! I've been hearing a lot about rogue stars and I really like dragon rampant and black ops so I have high hopes for it.

I'm not too sure what rules I will use with these guys these guys though, although I really like the ITEN campaign system.

I will check out Inq28 too :o

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 09:48:51 AM »
I will check out Inq28 too :o

Inq28, is just GW's Inquisitor but played with 28mm minis, rather than the daft 54mm ones.

Offline the_inquisition!

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 02:53:15 PM »
Hello there  ;D

I have started painting the next inquisitor warband, this time the undercover team.

First painted is Pilot First Class Obern Hassiq, formerly of His Emperor's Ship Spear of Wraith.

I was in a bit of a star wars mood when I painted him and he does have a little droid pal to explore the galaxy with.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 03:07:35 PM »
It all looks the part, for sure.  Well done.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2017, 05:39:55 PM »
Some nice looking figures.  Inq28 is where I'm at these days; I find the variety of figures you can include a lot more fun than churning out squads for full-on 40K.  (I'll echo the Rogue Stars comment above - you can still set your games in the 40K mythos, but it plays a lot faster than Inq28.)
Instagram: @genghis_toy_soldiers

2024 - Figures Acquired: 37  Figures Painted: 6
2023 - Figures Acquired: 99  Figures Painted: 100
2022 - Figures Acquired: 59  Figures Painted: 54
2021 - Figures Acquired: 56  Figures Painted: 60
2020 - Figures Acquired: 63  Figures Painted: 92

Offline the_inquisition!

• Bookworm
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 08:55:41 PM »
all looks the part, for sure.  Well done.[q] t all looks the part, for sure.  Well done.

Thank you, he'll look even more pilot like once he has his little servitor buddy  lol

Some nice looking figures.  Inq28 is where I'm at these days; I find the variety of figures you can include a lot more fun than churning out squads for full-on 40K.  (I'll echo the Rogue Stars comment above - you can still set your games in the 40K mythos, but it plays a lot faster than Inq28.

I'm hearing more and more about rogue stars, do you know if it is soloable?

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 09:38:47 PM »
Great looking figures.  I envy you the Master Astropath Cyrus Rex... I came to the faire too late to get my hands one.

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2017, 12:01:08 PM »
I'm hearing more and more about rogue stars, do you know if it is soloable?

There's no specific solo rules, and the reaction system would probably struggle to integrate into an AI opponent system (although I've never tried that style of gaming, so take this with a pinch of salt).  That said, if you were doing solo narrative gaming,  playing both sides equally & looking for the story rather than a challenge for your figures against a procedural AI opponent, then I reckon Rogue Stars could work.

Great looking figures.  I envy you the Master Astropath Cyrus Rex... I came to the faire too late to get my hands one.

I've just picked one up off eBay for £14, which given the cost of some of the more boutique figures out there these days is not too unreasonable.  I don't know if it was just dumb luck that one was available, or if they pop up fairly frequently, but it's worth keeping an eye open.

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2017, 06:41:52 PM »
Quite a feudal world vibe on the first three,really like them.

Offline the_inquisition!

• Bookworm
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2017, 09:54:02 AM »

Thank you! I've had him in a box unloved and unpainted since the range was released - it really shouldn't take that long to paint a model  lol

There's no specific solo rules, and the reaction system would probably struggle to integrate into an AI opponent system (although I've never tried that style of gaming, so take this with a pinch of salt).  That said, if you were doing solo narrative gaming,  playing both sides equally & looking for the story rather than a challenge for your figures against a procedural AI opponent, then I reckon Rogue Stars could work.

I really like making up characters and back story for a game, but I tend to struggle without AI rules for the other side. I might have to give RS a miss  :'(

Quite a feudal world vibe on the first three,really like them.

Thank you, that was what I was going for! The warband that I'll post up soon should end up with a slightly more 'modern' feel, whatever that means in the 41 millenium   ;)