Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:57:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690598
  • Total Topics: 118339
  • Online Today: 840
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 1/72 Greek fantasy figures finished  (Read 18462 times)

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
Re: Slann big guy painted
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2020, 08:55:40 AM »
He's a D&D Nolzurs Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures figure by wizards of the coast

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
Re: Slann big guy painted
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2020, 07:14:23 AM »
Hi guys

These Blood Bowl Orks are not finished, still a bit of weathering to go, but though I would show them anyway, its a basic 12 figure set, have ordered a none GW Troll and 3 Goblins, and I will convert a couple more figs to fill out the team, all comments welcome.
Heaps of pics here
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2020/09/wip-blood-bowl-orks.html

Offline Axtklinge

• Scientist
Re: WIP BB Orks
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2020, 11:23:07 PM »
Those orcs look great...
Love both the color scheme and the paint job, congrats!

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2020, 11:38:54 PM »
Those orcs look great...
Love both the color scheme and the paint job, congrats!

+1  :)
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2020, 02:44:03 PM »
Thanks chaps

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2021, 08:29:38 AM »
The tones on that Slaad are very rich - well done on that painting.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2021, 08:52:40 AM »
Hi guys

Done some more work on my teddy bear terrain tiles, it will be a general purpose board for all eras and genres, designed to fit 15mm-28mm, have shaved the dirt roads out with clippers, reduced the tyre ruts down with a long necked bbq lighter, I'll glue sand into the tyre ruts and paint brown, the long brown/white stripe on the right will be a river, I plan on filling it with clear resin after detailing the river bed, and will be shaping the grass in differant areas, and colouring it various greens/yellows/browns, I need to make more tiles with a single end to end road, have done enough t/y/x intersection, and will do more farming and plain fields, as well as some scatter hills and other terrain, plan on train tracks, houses to suit Russian, Normandy and some fantasy/Medieval buildings and a bridge accross the river as well as some shallow river crossings.
More pics here
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2021/04/wip-teddy-bear-terrain-tiles.html

« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 10:05:47 AM by Gunner Dunbar »

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
Re: WIP teddy bear fur Terrain tiles
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2021, 03:25:24 AM »
Hi guys

Have done some more work on my terrain tiles, (have laid it out without really trying to make a coherent map, just for these pics) painted the road dark brown, and gave them a very light dry brush, this makes them look muddy, not sure if I want this terrain to be lush and muddy, or dry and dusty if I choose dry and dusty I will need to add more yellow to the grass and heavily dry brush the roads, as this is a generic terrain for all genres (but I am working on my WWII Russian projects currently) should I keep it lush or go dry? I've also got a piece of sandy coloured fur coming, enough for another 6 tiles, which will need a heavy green painting to mix in with this terrain, with those 6 tiles I'll do 3 with single end to end roads, and 3 plain fields/crop fields.

My next job is to seal the river sections with masking tape, then cover with grit and paint, I will be filling these with clear resin, so the masking tape will stop the resin leaking out between the cork and foam.
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2021/04/wip-teddy-bear-fur-terrain-tiles-part-3.html

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
Re: Update Teddy bear fur terrain tiles part 3
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2023, 11:29:20 PM »
 Hi guys

I made a vow at the beginning of the year to only do 1/72 WWII for my own project this year, and I did really well, have bone nothing else, got a lot done, still heaps to do, however I broke my vow this weekend, and dabbled in some 10mm fantasy 3D printing, man these things are tiny, it’s sometimes hard to get a good perspective of real size when working in CAD, have just finished washing these prints, they turned out pretty good, some of the shields didn’t print well due to support issues, all these supports are the smallest I can do, and they are going to be hard to remove without damage I think, I may have to go back to the drawing board and thicken everything up, weapon shafts are so thin, one careless handling will damage them.

A few questions for the 10mm fantasy enthusiast, how tall do you make/are your Dwarves? I’ve done these about 6-7mm, and for those that 3D print, I have used 28mm STLs, shrunk them down, have others successfully done this? Did you thicken/strengthen everything? when I was doing this I tried to make a lot of individuals, headswaps, pose changes, tried to keep a lot of detail, but I don’t know if it was worth the effort with them being so small, how do other printers handle 10mm fantasy?

I’ll take some more pics after removing the supports, curing and undercoating to pick out the detail.
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2023/08/10mm-war-master-dwarves-3d-printed.html

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
Re: 3D printed 10mm Dwarves
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2023, 09:33:24 AM »
 Hi guys

An undercoat on my 3D printed 10mm Dwarves, went with brown for these guys, earthy colours will be nice for Dwarves I think, they turned out pretty good for my first 10mm prints.
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2023/08/10mm-dwarves-undercoated.html

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
Re: 3D printed 10mm Dwarves undercoated
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2023, 12:11:58 PM »
A bit easier to see now they have some paint on them. The melee ones look pretty dwarf like, but the archers look very human (at least what I can make out from the photos).

I can have a measure of some of my 10mm dwarves to see what size they are - but I know that there are differences between the various metal manufacturers

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2023, 08:56:47 AM »
A bit easier to see now they have some paint on them. The melee ones look pretty dwarf like, but the archers look very human (at least what I can make out from the photos).

I can have a measure of some of my 10mm dwarves to see what size they are - but I know that there are differences between the various metal manufacturers
Yes please, I printed out some Empire figures from thingyverse, specifically labeled warmaster, they turned out nice, but my Dwarves are way to small, halfling size, I may keep the arches as halfling archers, not sure, I’ve bought an dark elf army pack off Forest dragon to play around with, I’m sort of still deciding on what scale I’m going to go with 10mm, 15mm or 20mm.

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2023, 05:57:11 PM »
Had an attempt to measure the 10mm dwarves I have. The measurements are from bottom of cast base to top of head - and are somewhat approximate as I’m measuring painted and based figures.

Copplestone - 11mm
GW Warmaster - 10mm
GW Battle of Five armies - 8-9mm

There is definite visual differences between the 3 ranges with corresponding differences in bulk too. The Copplestone and Warmaster ones are fairly close and work fine on the table. The BoFA ones are small in comparison.

I didn’t have any Pendraken ones to hand to measure - but they are even bigger.

For comparison a GW Warmaster Empire figure was about 11mm tall.

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2023, 10:32:52 PM »
Had an attempt to measure the 10mm dwarves I have. The measurements are from bottom of cast base to top of head - and are somewhat approximate as I’m measuring painted and based figures.

Copplestone - 11mm
GW Warmaster - 10mm
GW Battle of Five armies - 8-9mm

There is definite visual differences between the 3 ranges with corresponding differences in bulk too. The Copplestone and Warmaster ones are fairly close and work fine on the table. The BoFA ones are small in comparison.

I didn’t have any Pendraken ones to hand to measure - but they are even bigger.

For comparison a GW Warmaster Empire figure was about 11mm tall.
Excellent, thanks, mine are way to small, I’m thinking I’ll just buy Dwarf files.

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2023, 12:23:44 PM »
10mm Wood Elf basing test
 Hi guys
Testing out some bases I designed by CAD for my forest dragon 10mm wood elves, going for a wooded area look, I like how they have turned out, going to do a different theme for each army I do, unfortunately I thought of doing this after I had printed out and started painting a dark elf army, I guess I could start over.