Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:26:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690604
  • Total Topics: 118339
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hello from Covert Intervention Games in Northern Virginia!  (Read 2118 times)

Offline CovIntGames

• Assistant
  • Covert Intervention Games - Founder
    • Covert Intervention Games - 20mm Minis and Games!
Hello from Covert Intervention Games in Northern Virginia!
« on: January 08, 2017, 06:51:02 PM »
Hi All, I am the managing partner of Covert Intervention Games and a long time war gamer of 30 years or so.
Several of the Lead Adventure Forum members who have ordered from us recommended we register on your site and let you know we are here. :) (Special thanks to Balin!)

A little about me:

I have a background in analysis and I have served 22 years in the US Army. I have multiple tours in South America, Iraq, and Afghanistan and continue to serve in the Army Reserves. I have served with big army and the 'cool guys' too. I have also worked as military capacity analyst and some of my work has been published.

Additionally I have worked in the past at the director level in the largest miniatures/war games company in the world and also worked with several other companies helping them with their business and game development. A lot of good people out there in the industry I consider great friends and greatly support their efforts as well.

A little about our company:

Our Website: https://www.covertintervention.com/

Last year Covert Intervention Games struck out on our own to create 20mm scale miniatures and some amazing games to go with them.
Along the way the folks at Force20 merged with us because of the vision we bring to the 20mm scale war games community.
As we continue to develop our line of quality miniatures and games we know the quality level will only go up and we will not be satisfied until we are the best in the world.

Our team is made up mostly of former military combat veterans; We love our veterans and support them when and where we can.
Your support of our plucky game company will allow us to help more veterans with employment opportunities as well.
We think having veterans who have the experience allows us to make our tactical war games that much more realistic.

If you see us a convention please come up and say hello! We love to goob about the hobby and hope we can meet more of you and provide the immersive and exciting game experiences you have always wanted.

If you have thoughts, ideas, requests, feel free to drop me a line here or at customerservice@covertintervention.com. we read through and we are as agile as it gets.

Cheers,
-John

« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 08:54:02 PM by CovIntGames »
Managing Partner & Founder of Covert Intervention Games
CIG Facebook

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Re: Hello from Covert Intervention Games in Northern Virginia!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 01:48:33 AM »
Well I suppose if it's worth saying once, it's possibly worth saying twice... ;)

Interesting, I had never heard of your company, although 20mm is no longer really my thing. The US is involved in a war in South America? I thought you stopped backing the wrong guys locally a couple of decades back.

Anyway welcome aboard!
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline CovIntGames

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 03:50:03 PM »
The US is involved in a war in South America? I thought you stopped backing the wrong guys locally a couple of decades back.

Thanks for the welcome Carlos. :)
Not every deployment to South America involves shooting... just risk. :)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 04:33:55 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Carlos. :)
Not every deployment to South America involves shooting... just risk. :)

Zika? Dengue? Maybe a dodgy pastel or empanada bought in the street? Ah, perhaps you mean the traffic? Yes, I know what you mean.  :D

Offline CovIntGames

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 06:27:07 PM »
Well in the 90s Zika wasnt in South America... ;)

Maybe its time you revisited 20mm miniatures?

Offline Macunaima

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 07:52:06 PM »
Hmmm. Well, I've been living in South America since the 1980s and I can tell you that the "service" you refer to has been, without exception, crappy. In my country alone, it's been responsible for the deaths of quite a lot of people and the imprisonment of many, many others for no good reason whatsoever.

So I hope you won't be expecting a tip.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 12:10:49 AM by Macunaima »

Offline CovIntGames

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 08:08:16 PM »
Hmmm. Well, I've been living in South America since the 1980s and I can tell you that the "service" you refer to has been, wihout exception, crappy. In my country alone, it's been responsible for the deaths of quite a lot of people and the imprisonment of many, many others for no good reason whatsoever.

Well there are a lot of countries in South America, and I cannot speak for your location or circumstances.

I wish you luck where you are and happy war gaming.  :)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 08:11:46 PM »
Gentlemen, just to gently remind that Lead Adventure Forum is a strictly politics and current affairs free zone. Per the forum rules. Thank you  :)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 10:30:52 PM »
No politics here Richard, although I will admit to a degree of curiosity as to why mention of service in South America was relevant to spruiking one's goods.

I doubt our new friend was complicit in any US outrages here or elsewhere on the continent. He'd be far too young. To the best of my knowledge, DEA aside, our murrican cousins have confined themselves largely to training the Colombian military since the mid nineties. Pretty much everyone else has eschewed their generous assistance for reasons my friend has stated.

Offline Macunaima

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 12:14:53 AM »
No politics here Richard, although I will admit to a degree of curiosity as to why mention of service in South America was relevant to spruiking one's goods.

I doubt our new friend was complicit in any US outrages here or elsewhere on the continent. He'd be far too young. To the best of my knowledge, DEA aside, our murrican cousins have confined themselves largely to training the Colombian military since the mid nineties. Pretty much everyone else has eschewed their generous assistance for reasons my friend has stated.

Exactly. The American military and DEA presence in South America is not exactly a politically neutral topic, nor does it have anything to do with selling wargaming material. It might be no never mind to American ex-soldiers, but to those of us who are citizens of the countries that have received this "aid", it can be a pretty big deal. I don't think Mr. CovIntGames is a bad guy, but he might want to remember that not everyone in the world sees what he did as a service.

And as Chuck mentions, what the hell does all this flag waving and servicing have to do with wargaming?

I mean, if I start a figure painting company and hire a lot of ex-FARC people to work for me, do I get to talk about how I, too, love combat vets and want to give them a job, "Go team, yay service"? Or does only one side of the fighting get to be applauded as vets and servicepeople?

Gonna be a lot of FARC people looking for employment soon.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 12:22:44 AM by Macunaima »