Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:54:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Ultravanillasmurf's Modern WIP - 3D Print pickup truck 12/11/2023  (Read 28035 times)

Offline Wellington Bonaparte

• Scientist
  • Strike Sure
Re: Ultravanillasmurf's Modern WIP - 13/08/2018 Bobby on The Beat
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2018, 08:57:15 PM »
Nice Copper but his truncheon should be Brown.

If the truncheon was wooden it would be a red/brown colour but if it was an older make, made from ebonite it would be black considerably heavier than the wooden ones and much harder. The truncheon went in the mid 90's and was replaced with an acrylic baton, either 22"or 24" long. This was then replaced by a friction lock baton known as the Asp.
The policeman is very well painted, but dressed in an old style tunic with a belt he would have had a light blue shirt under the jacket, which changed in most forces  to white by the late 1980's
Stand Fast - Strike Sure -  Carry On - Bydand

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: Ultravanillasmurf's Modern WIP - 13/08/2018 Bobby on The Beat
« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2018, 02:37:46 PM »
Crooked Dice figures tend to be 1960-80 style.

I do need to do the shirt collar.

http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/wp/product/coppers1/

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: Ultravanillasmurf's Modern WIP - 08/09/2018 Protecting "Brenda"
« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2018, 09:01:21 AM »
Though a double barrelled shotgun and flechette ammunition is nothing to be scoffed at, some additional protection is required for "Brenda".

The inspiration was the more Police look rather than the paramilitary appearance of SCO19.

The base figure is a Crooked Dice female X-commando with a rifle. The figure uses a slotted base and I wanted to use a Renedra 25mm disc base, so I drilled a series of holes and connected them using a scalpel. The supplied head has a beret, and I wanted a more "police" look, so used the head from the Crooked Dice WPC Cathy Black figure, The base of the neck and the torso were drilled to take a piece of 1mm brass rod.

The head was fixed using a small ball of greenstuff pushed into the neck socket, any overflow being sculpted into a collar.

The rifle (based on an L1A1 SLR) looked a bit bare, so I added an under barrel laser/torch. I should have added a distinct sight as well.

Painted using the same process as the earlier Bobby.

And here she is with "Brenda".

Hopefully they will gets some wheels at Colours (Spectre Luxury SUV).
[Edit] or would have if Spectre had been attending. Note to self: check the trader list properly.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 02:03:40 PM by Ultravanillasmurf »

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2018, 01:49:35 PM »
Those are some badass ladies!

Offline Wellington Bonaparte

• Scientist
  • Strike Sure
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2018, 10:20:13 PM »
Thats superb, 'Brenda' is a great little mini, I'm sure ive seen ber up here in Norfolk wandering around Sandringham  :)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2018, 05:05:16 AM »
Nice, would the Enfield armed police work for the style of game your aiming for?
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2018, 08:20:58 AM »
Nice, would the Enfield armed police work for the style of game your aiming for?
Thanks.

The Crooked Dice Law Men (and Woman) figures are of a more American style and this is set on the streets of Britain.

The three protection officers will all be Crooked Dice X Commandos (and I might remember to remove the X logo on the shoulder of the others).

The security team will probably be Spectre Urban SAS (or my existing "four eyes" SAS).

Opposition will be Empress US of some variety with RU10 gas mask heads as deniable operators as part of the "wars and rumours of wars" prologue (I might use existing stocks of US or buy some specific ones).

I make progress slowly.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2018, 10:42:09 PM »
No worries, I just saw them and was wondering if they might be of use.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2018, 09:23:55 AM »
You're kind of limited for modern armed response units in the UK. Most of the stuff is geared more for the past few decades rather than the present. Though painting up some of the new Empress Germans in black and changing the heads could do to an extent, with them giving the impression of the officers, rather than being an exact match.

I believe that Spectre have said that they're interested in doing some modern armed response units. They didn't go into specifics, and they'd likely represent one particular country's police due to the variety of kit in use (though similarly, they may go for something more generic and leave it up to players to be bothered about consistency).

Still, it wouldn't be too difficult to scare up some figures that look "good enough", like for instance the one that you made there. Just a soldier type in a black uniform with extra smoke grenades (or even those gas masks that Crooked Dice do, though I doubt they're still in service. Hmn, Empress must have some modern Western gas masks for sale other than just those Russian ones -that'd again give the impression of them being British forces, rather than being exact - and well, who knows how that particular area's police force procured its equipment, its not like the rifles, etc,  that they use are fully standardised across the UK currently anyway).

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2018, 11:22:49 AM »
No worries, I just saw them and was wondering if they might be of use.
That range of figures is of use, I have two being painted up as sidekicks for the Heroic Lawman with shotgun.

Of course I really need a head that is the spitting image of a certain New York arms dealer.

Plus a couple of female ones as co-stars for the Cartwright brothers (or stars of a spin off).
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 02:02:11 PM by Ultravanillasmurf »

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2018, 11:41:34 AM »
Good ideas Wyrmalia.
Empress do USMC K-POT with gas masks.

Somewhere I have a "Valkyrie" zombie elimination team member using the Crooked Dice classic SAS gasmask on a female X-commando, for some reason I have not photographed it.

The recent Osprey Elite book on European CT teams shows the variation in equipment, as does visits to London (DPG in police gear with added heavy armour and MP5s standing next to SCO19 in more military gear with G36s, or BTP with LMT AR15 CQB).

The Crooked Dice helmets suit the X-COMMANDO bodies well.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 02:01:30 PM by Ultravanillasmurf »

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: Ultravanillasmurf's Modern WIP - 17/09/2018 Muscle Car.
« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2018, 05:40:42 PM »
Crooked Dice have recently released a multi-part kit for their forthcoming post apocalyptic game.

As that is still to come, I thought I would build one up as a car suitable for use in a modern game.

With Hasslefree's Cartwright Brothers.

It is compatible in size with Spectre's range of cars.

Not as detailed as the Spectre vehicles, but there is a large number of options.

Here is the contents of the box:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 05:48:50 PM by Ultravanillasmurf »

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2018, 08:12:05 AM »
Its a great looking kit, could almost be used for Knight Rider :)

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2018, 08:47:00 AM »
Its a great looking kit, could almost be used for Knight Rider :)
Good point, I am surprised there is not an optional bonnet with a suitable single grill, it would go with Crooked Dice's Heroes 4http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/wp/product/heroes-4/

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: Ultravanillasmurf's Modern WIP - Modern Bundeswehr paint test 22/04/2019
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2019, 08:49:16 AM »
Last year Empress brought out a range of Ultramodern Bundeswehr. This year they introduced the Puma IFV to go with it.

While the Puma was drying after a pre-assembly wash, I thought I should paint up at least one of the panzer grenadiers.

This is really a paint test, to see what the colours look like at this scale.

The colours used were:
Base: Vallejo German extra dark green
Camo:
Citadel Snotwomble Green plus Citadel Nurgling Green layer
Citadel Steel Legion Drab

I think the base coat could have done with being Field Grey with EDG etc splodges. I also think that Citadel Mournfang Brown might be better than Steel Legion Drab (though that is bordering on Australian colours).

I do need to redo the helmet straps (and possibly look at a minor mould line I had not noticed on the helmet).