Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:03:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690335
  • Total Topics: 118326
  • Online Today: 594
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: DeepWars video battle report #5 - Ancients of Atalán vs. Fortune Hunters - 800pt  (Read 1700 times)

Offline dagerg

• Assistant
Hi all!

Check out our latest installment of DeepWars video battle reports here!  The Ancients of Atalan (ancient mysterious race) battle the Fortune Hunters (humans) for a science station deep under the sea.

Thanks for watching and as always, any comments or feedback appreciated!

Cranky

Blog: http://crankyoldgamer.net/CrankyBlog/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CrankyOldGamer/

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
 I love the scenery in your games.Did you make it yourself?

Offline dagerg

• Assistant
I did! The science station and the "hills" are custom terrain that I made.  The rocky corals are aquarium decorations.  The glowing crystal outcroppings are something I made myself using a blue crystal resin model, lights from PoweredPlay gaming, and a base of super-sculpey clay so I can gain access to the electronics.  Video on those here:

Thanks for watching!

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
 Any tutorials on how you made the terrain would be most useful.

Aquarium pieces are great and cheaper than normal wargaming terrain too.I have quite a bit of it hidden away and always like looking in the pet shops for more.

The Dark Mariners have some really nice miniatures in the range.

Offline dagerg

• Assistant
You bet!  I'll dig up a tutorial for you - my friend has made similar terrain in the past.

Here's one from my friend which comes close:
http://www.terragenesis.co.uk/infopages/page226.html

Essentially take pink foam insulation board, cut to desired shape, then cover (in my case) 3x with a 1:1 mix of PVA white glue and DAP gap filling compound, and brush on.  Makes it very sturdy and able to withstand a lot of punishment.

You can also see in-progress pics on the "Abyssal Realms" Facebook page, where I show shots of the terrain being built, for these particular pieces.

We hit upon aquarium terrain early on and it has been a big hit.  Its super cheap and very visually appealing.

The Dark Mariners are my personal favorite faction.  I love the look of them, and they're a strong faction in the game.  You can check out my battle report #4 here for them in action (they are also in battle report #1):

Gabbi

Gorgeous looking terrain!

Offline dagerg

• Assistant
Thank you!  We like making really detailed tables, game just screams out for interesting and colorful terrain. Thank you for watching!