Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:34:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Space, My New 28mm Frontier (Jan. 12: pics recovered & 2 pics of final project)  (Read 40785 times)

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
Lots of great looking stuff, and ideas.

I'm working on a 15mm Spaceport, and am in the process of collecting/making stuff for it, so your postings are excellent inspiration for that.

I love the variety of figures you've collected, as well as many of the other items too, e.g. pipelines, Spaceport Tower, fencing, etc., etc..  The latter is really a "no-brainer", but still one I managed to overlook when pulling stuff together, so I need to rectify that.

Would love to see some more pics, once you assemble everything together, for display.

Thanks for sharing.

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
Mako, thanks for taking the time to write and for the kind words.  This thread which has been going on for 6 months only represents the kind of things that will be found in the collection I am working on... lots of stuff hasn't been posted here.  I know that you have seen my diorama-style galleries for other collections I have done, and that is what I am planning for this one.  I think I have painted about 500 figures (give or take a couple) for this collection.  Anyway it will soon be done and the actual laying out and photographing of the tables will take place.  The gallery will probably be big and hopefully it will bring the collection together in a really interesting display... always the hope.

I would love to see what you have been doing with 15s so I will checking what is currently posted (this project has taken me away from my normal interest in 15s) and keep my eyes open for future postings on this subject in 15s by you.

Thanks again.  Richard

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
THIS IS A CALL FOR HELP:  It appears that all of the pictures I have posted on LAF using Photobucket have been dropped.  According to the postings that have replaced my pictures I am supposed to update my Photobucket account to address 3rd Party Hosting.  I know nothing about 3rd Party Hosting and when I went to my Photobucket account, it indicates that my Photobucket account is fine.  It looks like this has happened to other member accounts as well.  Frankly, based on the LAF's bar of options for dealing with problems I can find nothing that directs me to someone who can help me with this.  If any member can tell me what is going on here and how to fix it, I would appreciate the information.  I have been an active member on LAF for several years now.  I believe I have always behaved in a positive fashion, and I have good reason to believe that my postings have been received very well by the members and guest viewers.  For example,  this thread has more than 20,000 viewings and my African Adventure post has more than 30,000 viewing.  I would like to continue as a member, but if I can't post my work my membership has been significantly impacted to the negative.  Thank you in advance for your help.  Richard

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
Re: Space, My New 28mm Frontier (June 30: HELP NEEDED!)
« Reply #393 on: June 30, 2017, 04:37:17 PM »
The problem is on Photobucket's side. They now want the members to pay for a service - 3rd party hosting - that was free. I'm deleting my account on their site as soon as I arrive at home. I refuse to pay (399$)for something that was free just so I can share photos. I'll just use Imgur instead.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #394 on: June 30, 2017, 04:38:33 PM »
Richard: Firstly, 'Dont Panic!'
You have done nothing wrong.
It is nothing to do with the LAF.
(We all love your input into this place, have no fear... :))

Photobucket has done this to everyone's account by the looks of things, mine included. We are all having our accounts held to 'ransom' as they have changed their policy and are not allowing 'third party' use without paying them a fee to do so.
There is a significant percentage of people here affected by this as a lot of us use Photobucket.

Check out this thread for some of our responses to this happening:
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=101912.0

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #395 on: June 30, 2017, 10:32:35 PM »
Mason, thanks for the insights, calming words and the direction to the ransom thread.  I guess I'll be looking for another means of third party sharing... one that is far more reasonable than Photobucket.  When I began posting here I didn't attach sample photos to my large galleries.  I just provided the link to the gallery along with my website.  Unfortunately that does not provide an effective opportunity to share quick and simple postings and write-ups plus links to galleries do not attract the attention/viewers that a few sample pictures do.  Your help with this is much appreciate!  Richard

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
When Photobucket killed all of my pictures on this thread, my initial feeling was one of frustration and disappointment because I had seen this thread as my effort to identify and share through words and pictures many of the things that over the years I have found that I will be incorporating in my spaceport collection and gallery.  This thread has been my only serious effort to document the progress of a collection and share it with interested viewers on LAF.  In the past my collections have been posted here as fully developed diorama-style layouts.  With the posting of my military base fencing for this collection I had decided to end this thread, but with the pictures blanked out by Photobucket, I decided to add at least one more posting on a part of this project that is currently under development.  Thumbing my nose at Photobucket… a rather silly act of “who cares” on my part.   Since I have not decided on a new source for 3rd party picture distribution… a concept I was not aware of until last week, this posting is of my spacecraft interior and will be in the form of a word picture.  The last few 28mm galleries I have done (Victorians, Pulp Egypt, and Gangsters) have all included interiors that were constructed as movie sets with 2 walls and a floor made of JTT and Evergreen plastic all of which could be taken apart for easy storage.   The spacecraft interior will encompass an area 16 inches by 24 inches. It will be different from previous interiors in that while much of the connecting floor throughout the spacecraft will be JTT Plastic (97450/Diamond Plate/O scale) and some of the walls will be Evergreen Plastic (4529/Metal Siding) most of the interior will be dominated by three Sci-Fi rooms (two medium and one large) by JR Miniatures.  These preformed rooms will be supplemented with Sci-Fi wall sections also by JR with the additional help of the Evergreen metal siding mentioned above.  Unfortunately the rooms are no longer available, but the wall sections are.  The two medium rooms will serve as the command center/bridge and the med lab.  The large room I have divided into two sections..  One side serves as the sleeping quarters and the other as the engine room.  The dividing wall is made from JR Sci Fi wall sections.  I have created a long hallway using the JR wall sections and the Evergreen metal siding.  The reason for the use of the Evergreen metal siding is that there are a variety of different JR wall sections, and they are not uniform in height or width so the Evergreen serves to tie the sections together and address the need for uniform wall height and width.  The Evergreen metal siding works out well because it matches the interior walls of the three JR rooms.  The open area between the command center/bridge (a medium room) and the sleeping quarters (part of the large room) will be used as the mess hall and gains some separation from the larger open area of the ship through the use of a JR wall section.  I have just ordered the Cyber Bar from Scotia Grendel and I plan on modifying parts of it for use in the mess hall. There is also a large open area that will serve as the cargo bay.  The command center/bridge is furnished with pieces by Scotia Grendel: a commander’s seat and two information desks.  The med lab and sleeping quarters are furnished with pieces by Spartan Scenics.  The engine is by JR.  Bringing all this together with the sectional floor I plan to make using the JTTPlastic Diamond Plate is going to take a lot of work, but I think it will proved an excellent addition to the collection.

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya

Mate, don't give up! That Photobucketofshit was a bad thing, but such things happen all the time, specially in the www! Just keep amazing us with that AWESOME work of yours!  ;)
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
dinohunterpoa, I'm not giving up.  Just taking a breath while I figure out the direction I will take with 3rd party hosting photo posting... not even part of my vocabulary before last week.  The projects will continue and the diorama style galleries will always be posted on my war in 15mm website.  As always, thanks for writing; appreciate the kind words.  Richard

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
Sorry to hear about your Photobucket woes. I've been uploading most of my stuff to our club's website recently, but I haven't had the heart to go and look at any of the hundreds of internet postings I've made with Photobucket pics over the years.

Sounds like you have got some great stuff planned for the future and rest assured that we all are looking forward to seeing them.   I'm sure they will be great.

Now for the critical part. Don't take this the wrong way, but maybe now is a good time to invest in the use of paragraph separations?  That's one mighty big wall-o-text up there.

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
eilif, fortunately the real heart of my work over the last eight-plus years is located on my website and has nothing to do with Photobucket.  What was hit by Photobucket are the odds and ends I have posted over the years on LAF and the sample photos I used when I was introducing my galleries to LAF viewers in the hope that I could get them to click on the links to my full galleries.

Point about paragraph density well made and accepted.  Thanks

Richard

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
eilif, fortunately the real heart of my work over the last eight-plus years is located on my website and has nothing to do with Photobucket. 

Glad to hear it.  It'd be a shame if the work we've been so enjoying following disappeared.

Now then, get back to building you've got a repuation to keep up!

;)

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
I hope to see more of your excellent work here.

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
Thanks to both of you for writing.  The work (actually play) on this project continues.  I plan to have the interior of the spaceship done this week, and will be starting on the interior of the cantina next week.  Once they are done all that is left is designing some signs and making some decals.  Really hope to have the dry run of the layout of the spaceport town done by the third week of July.  Once I have worked out the spaceport town's layout all that remains is finding a time when my daughter can do the photography.  Looking forward to seeing it all come together... years of collecting and about 10 months working on the project (painting, repurposing and building).  This one has taken about four more months to produce than I had planned.  I'm not usually that far off with my projections, but lots of new stuff was found during the project which extended the time by months, but I think those finds have made this a much more interesting collection. 

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
I look forward to seeing it.