Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:36:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690713
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 1026
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Space, My New 28mm Frontier (Jan. 12: pics recovered & 2 pics of final project)  (Read 40846 times)

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Space, My New 28mm Frontier (July 3: word picture of spacecraft interior)
« Reply #405 on: January 09, 2018, 04:13:48 AM »
With all my pictures blanked out by Photobucket, I am doing a test run of Flickr to see if this option for posting pictures will work.  To do this I have come back to my "Space, My New 28mm Frontier" to post the last figure I did in that collection... Buzz Lightyear.016A by Richard Garretson, on Flickr

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Space, My New 28mm Frontier (January 8, 2018... last figure:Buzz Lightyear)
« Reply #406 on: January 09, 2018, 06:48:23 AM »
There is a cheat for Photobucket. Have you tried adding the text “~original” to your links they can all be viewed again. If you copy and paste that into all your pics mate, that sorts them right out.

Here I’ve tried it by quoting one of your earlier posts and adding it...

Beam me up, Scotty.

Just insert ~original after .jpg at the end . So ....1so3.jpg[/img][/URL]  becomes ....1so3.jpg~original[/img][/URL]

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Space, My New 28mm Frontier (January 8, 2018... last figure:Buzz Lightyear)
« Reply #407 on: January 09, 2018, 08:31:41 PM »
Andym, thanks so much for the help.  When I did this set of posting I was hoping to leave a trail that would provide a more detailed description of where the pieces of my diorama-style Spaceport Gallery came from.  For years I have benefited from threads such as this that others have posted.  When Photobucket blocked the pictures I was really disappoint that my "trail" had been washed away.  I plan to use your direction to reopen the photos.  I just finished page one of the thread and will do a page or two each day until it is done.  I will be opening a new post of my completed 28mm Spaceport (113 pictures) today or tomorrow... it would be nice to get this back in place just in case people who see the finished diorama-style gallery might be interested in seeing the pieces.  Once again, thank you for this help.  Richard
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 08:45:00 PM by War In 15MM »

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya

I'm glad you've recovered from the Photobucketofshit crash and this AWESOME project of yours is in full action again!  Looking forward to see the pictures!  ;)
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
I have recovered most of the pictures on this thread, and have brought the thread to a conclusion with two pictures of the finished project.
0001 by Richard Garretson, on Flickr0073 by Richard Garretson, on Flickr

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Awesome! :o The way Mos Eisely should be!

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
Thanks Andym for both the generous comment and your guidance in restoring the pictures throughout the thread.

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
Beautiful.  That place is just dripping with Scum and Villany!

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Thanks Andym for both the generous comment and your guidance in restoring the pictures throughout the thread.

Your welcome! I’m just glad to see your great thread back on track! 8)

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
That looks great.

Offline dwbullock

• Scientist
Not going to lie ... seeing this back up makes me happy.  Amazing work. 

Know you've said before you do this largely for the modeling aspect and don't play, but wondered about that ... what do you do with all of this once you've finished?  Can't imagine my wife letting me keep all these diorama type scenes sitting around for years and years :)

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
Thanks so much for the kind words... means a lot.

dwbullock, believe me my wife would not smile on the idea of having these collections on display throughout our home.  When I retired a decade ago my wife pointed out that I would have much more time to work on these collections and since doing this makes me happy she was happy with that, but her question at that time goes directly to your point.  That question was, "what are you going to do with them?"  To that question, she offered an answer: photograph them in diorama form and create a website where they can be displayed without having them spill all over the house.  In that way I could share them and enjoy seeing them whenever I wanted to see them without the hours of set up and take down.  That sounded good to me.  Nearly a decade later I have completed 19 galleries... thirteen 15mm and six 28mm.  All of these are created so that once they have been photographed they can be neatly stored.  We have a large garage with cabinets lining the walls (cabinets full of my miniatures/buildings, figures, rivers, trees...) while still allowing us to keep the cars in the garage.  I also have a very nice shed dedicated to storing my collections.  So far it has worked out well.  I'm currently working on gallery number 20, and like most the members of LAF I have many, many unpainted figures in boxes awaiting their day as a gallery.

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
Excellent work, looks really good.

You mention a website with lots of pictures, do you have a link?

These setups would be great to game on, but if the collecting and building is your thing, then please keep sharing!

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
The complete spaceport gallery is 113 pictures.  If you go to my website, the gallery page identifies each of the 19 galleries with an identifying picture, a title and the number of pictures in each gallery.  Since the Space Gallery is the most recent of the galleries, it will be found at the bottom of the gallery page... just scroll down and click on the identifying picture.  At that point you will be in the gallery and can scroll down though the gallery's 113 pictures.  I hope you give a few of the other galleries a look as well.  You can find my website at www.warin15mm.com