Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:46:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: "Flash Olsen - Ace Photographer"  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Murphy

• Assistant
"Flash Olsen - Ace Photographer"
« on: January 26, 2017, 10:51:17 PM »
Photos in color and "old style" (courtesy of GIMP V2)…
Pulp Figures Photographer from their "Newshounds" set.
All comments are appreciated.
Thanks and enjoy!

Cubby "Flash" Olsen is one of the beat photographers for The Dominion City Tribune. Armed with his trusty camera, extra flash bulbs, film, and his "PRESS" ticket card in his hat band, he moves quickly to hot scenes to get "The winning shot."
Eager to please but not having a full plate of common sense and personal safety skills, he has on numerous times been caught in situations where if it weren't for more diligent people around him, he'd be sporting a brand new toe tag down at the morgue while being the subject of a by-line story in the paper he works for.
He read somewhere a while back that in order to get recognized you had to have a "keen nickname", so he's been asking people to call him "Flash" for his photography skills.
Miss Marge Gerine calls him by his first name, Cubby (Which he hates), while Editor-in-Chief Howard Draper calls him "Kid". Only Investigative Reporter Karl Coldcheck plays along and calls him "Flash"…
He also has a thing for Miss Sabrina Hepburn, the beautiful, darling, mysterious, socialite daughter of wealthy magnate Rutherford J. Hepburn.
"But what's a gal like her ever gonna see in a two bit schmoe like me?" he says to himself dejectedly, as he sucks down another Hires Root Beer at the Soda Fountain at Gower's Drugstore on 43rd and Suncrest while waiting for the next "scoop photo opportunity".

Offline pistolpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Rent money is for rent - telly savalas
Re: "Flash Olsen - Ace Photographer"
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 02:37:02 PM »
Great background,  can't wait to see the others.  The painting is good but a wash would add a bit of depth, i use army painter soft tone.

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 05:44:02 PM »
Hi Murphy
I like the bio, nice little story in its own right and the spats on the figure are a nice touch

Are you certain that Flash is a man, he looks to have a well padded shirt in this photo!!!

Might just be my imagination.

Offline Terwilliger

• Student
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 09:56:02 PM »
The visual effects are interesting. 

I didn't realize this forum allowed such large pictures.  They don't entirely fit on my device screen, unless that's just me.