Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:33:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Live [Kickstarter] for Wreck Age VEHICLES + Free Beta 2E Quick Start Rules  (Read 8884 times)

Offline therepoman

• Scientist
More than $10 a section is pretty expensive.   They do look nice though.  

Our cost on them is around $10.44 each, in the quantities we're expecting the kickstarter to bring in (50 sets),  just to let you know what we've got wrapped up into them. We are doing them because we love the aesthetic, and no car game is complete without some awesome roads. These are the only ones on the market that I've seen, and if they don't sell well, we probably won't be doing more of them down the line. So this may be your only chance to grab them, depending on how well they do.

I would like to see one of the cars on one of the road pieces.  

I'd like to see that too! That's why we're running the campaign.

;)

Unfortunately, we didn't have money to do a bunch of expensive non-production prints of the cars prior the the campaign. The styles will change in the course of the next few weeks as we do the modifications to the designs, and each print is very expensive. I know it would have helped tremendously to have them for the start of the kickstarter, but we simply didn't have the means. Small companies like ours don't rely on kickstarter as pre-order sytem like many of the big companies treat crowdfunding. Instead, we use kickstarter to actually accomplish do what we're promising. That's why everyone's support is so important to us, and we want to make sure we meet and exceed everyone's expectations.

If we're lucky, we'll have some funds from Adepticon to pay for some 3d prints to get done, but don't expect that until the 3rd or 4th week of the campaign. At that point, we're hoping to be well beyond our initial goal, so we should have some really cool stretch goals unlocks as well.

If you like the campaign, please share it with your friends, we depend on that support to make this one a success!

Thanks for all the support everyone. It's been a great ride so far!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 02:26:41 AM by therepoman »
post-collapse tabletop adventures: www.wreck-age.net

Offline therepoman

• Scientist
These vehicles will also be perfect for Gaslands, to be published by Osprey in October.

I'm super psyched about Gaslands... Scrappers too. I'll be picking that up at Adepticon, and hopefully getting a demo in, if they're doing some.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
Now, we've had some other people who are also very opinionated since we've announced it, that the "correct" scale for 28mm is 1:56.
Well I am this group if I have to pick. For 28mm 1/48 has been proven time and again to be too big. 1/43 will be even bigger.
But if yout moving to 32mm or even 35mm that I have seen companies do I guess 1/43 will fit I guess.
Problem is the industry doesnt normalize on scale.
Where do you measure from?
When matching a fig to a car no one puts the car on bases.
Is 1/72 20mm or 25mm?
What MM is N-scale?
These are some questions for example I see asked alot.
Is 28mm 1/56 scale? Maybe or maybe not. It is somewhere in there. My belief/opinion it is not 1/43.
But with that tiff I am eager to see what you all bring out and excited to see another KS become successful. Truck on.

Grimm

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
I'd like to see that too! That's why we're running the campaign.

;)

Unfortunately, we didn't have money to do a bunch of expensive non-production prints of the cars prior the the campaign.

So show us a diecast 1:43 car on the roads.   Or some vehicle...   
Every time a bad person dies, a Paratrooper gets his wings.

Offline Deathwing

• Mad Scientist
    • World's End Publishing
The roads are pretty epic.  I like that they are bendy and the cracks and rips are spot on.  I make my own, so no need to splurge, but what the man says is true. If you want more stuff from small companies, you got to be in it to win it. 

On a side note, I also prefer 1/43 scale for vehicles. While 1/48 would be preferred, there just is not a lot of vehicles out there in that scale beyond some military and construction vehicles.  1/43 is much more prevalent and looks good with 28mm with GW style proportions.  So good call on that gents.

Joey
Joseph McGuire, President/Janitor at World’s End Publishing; producer of the upcoming post-apocalypse skirmish warband game This Is Not a Test.

https://www.facebook.com/TNTGame

http://worldsendpublishing.com/

Offline therepoman

• Scientist
So show us a diecast 1:43 car on the roads.   Or some vehicle...   

We'll take some pictures of them on Wednesday when we have them set up at Adepticon.

Offline therepoman

• Scientist
I make my own, so no need to splurge, but what the man says is true. If you want more stuff from small companies, you got to be in it to win it.  

This is the conflict of the cottage wargames industry in a nutshell.

We all make our own. We all want options to buy more products. If we don't spent money on the products that already exist, there won't be more options. You vote for there to be more options with your hard-earned dollars. Kickstarter is a great stop-gap, and fantastic for small companies that want to put stuff out that they don't have money to develop, but it doesn't keep a small company going. It barely pays for what the next project is, even if you make 3x, 4x the goal, the stretch goals have to be developed, molded, cast, etc...

Everyone should make their own. But everyone should also consider buying from all of the small mini companies out there too. As often as they can. Without that financial support, there are no small mini companies, and then you're left without all that new eye candy. If you can't afford to buy it... spread the word, tell people about it. Give feedback and comments on stuff. Work collaboratively. Offer your assistance. Build community. All of those things go a long way.

Everyone I know who is in this industry does it out of sheer love and passion. There is no money in minis. We can all make money at our day jobs. To keep things going, support the little guys... like TINAT, Scrappers, Gaslands, etc...

/rant
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 02:17:55 PM by therepoman »

Offline therepoman

• Scientist
We have some really cool tutorials up on Youtube, please check it out!

Here's one on how basic gameplay works:

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
Any news on further configurations of road packs?

Offline therepoman

• Scientist
Any news on further configurations of road packs?

We're talking about it, but the general idea is to let you pick and choose the road sections that you want with some restrictions. We've got to go over costs and we should have a better idea tomorrow or Thursday as to specifics. I just posted an update pretty much about that very subject! Great minds!

Offline therepoman

• Scientist

Thanks to everyone for your support!

Now, on to the stretch goals!!!!

Offline Arcturus

• Scientist
Congrats on funding! Still plenty of time for SG's to be unlocked.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Campaign is slowly growing. Basic car models are funded so now onto creating extras and add on stretch goals.

For other "low tech" apocalypse fans there is now an add on** for a couple of Horse and rider combos which look good from the WIPs.... need a lot more baggage and packs but a good start. Would make neat outriders for a wastelands Trader convoy.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hyacinthgames/wreck-age-post-collapse-vehicle-kits/description

** Or there will be when the front page gets updated...check the latest update for details.

Offline therepoman

• Scientist
Campaign is slowly growing. Basic car models are funded so now onto creating extras and add on stretch goals.

For other "low tech" apocalypse fans there is now an add on** for a couple of Horse and rider combos which look good from the WIPs.... need a lot more baggage and packs but a good start. Would make neat outriders for a wastelands Trader convoy.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hyacinthgames/wreck-age-post-collapse-vehicle-kits/description

** Or there will be when the front page gets updated...check the latest update for details.

Don't catch the flu in the middle of a kickstarter, that's my advice!

There will be some more horses coming, if these do well, along with other pack animals. Donkeys/mules are on the agenda.

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
Seems a bit unfocused to be thinking of adding more horses and pack animals when much of the basic motor vehicle stuff isn't hit yet.   Maybe figuring out how to get things like the truck and buggy available would be better?