Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:05:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690319
  • Total Topics: 118325
  • Online Today: 594
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Next To The Last Hurrah! The Red Brotherhood Night Goblins: Update 02/08  (Read 6290 times)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The Next To The Last Hurrah! The Red Brotherhood Night Goblins & Company
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2017, 11:57:17 AM »
I love your star banners!

Cheers
GS

Thanks, GS. I figured the night sky was appropriate for Night Goblin standards. I am happy you like them...they are actually pretty easy to do with a little practice.

She's away on business, so I didn't show this. The name is where the resemblance ends here as well. ;)

I was pretty sure that the same name was where it all ended...you did get a laugh with that though.
You can forewarn the Girl now, before you show her the thread...if you intend to that is
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
To start the deluge today, I took some closer photos of the individual units in the mass formation. I'll be taking & posting photos of each unit from a few different angle this morning.
SO (SO is such a fine way to start a sentence) here is the former G.W. Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower...liberated & improved by the Brotherhood:

...the next Infamous Gang is Filthy McFang's Forlorn Hope Note: in case you are wondering about the names & even if you are not, way back when, Gav Thorpe, one of G.W's Honcho made the comment that the Orcs were like Dark Age Scots. I figured that if the Orcs were Scots, then the Goblins must be Irish & I gave them vaguely Irish sounding names:
[img=http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx269/DeafNala/The%20Red%20Botherhood%20Goblins%20Revisited/DSCN3689.jpg]http:// 
...directly behind McFang's Lads are the first of my Archers, Motley McMugwort's Cunning Crew. The observant viewer will note that units in front of Archers have arrows stuck in hoods backs, shields & surrounding scenery. This is a fantasy version of "friendly fire":

...Raunchy O'Ratbait's Raiders is the largest unit & the only spear armed one in the Brotherhood (an explanation of the Army name later). There was a second & larger spear armed unit ready for painting when the G.W. improvements kill all interest in the game at my gaming/hobby store:

...the second Archer Unit, Rowdy O'Ragear's Reavers:

...fronted by a none too wise never named converted Wizard. Sleazy McSucuzz's Skallywags, who are immediately, the Wizard, somehow were missed in this photo session, but will be the first of the individual unit pics:

...another unnamed, but, in this case, unconverted Wizard (his twin is named Temerity O'Leery, Drug Lord):

...AND bringing up the rear, Gouger McGoon's Gourmet's:

...now I'll take some more retina threatening photos.

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
Always great to see more of what you do.

Stunning work, and stunning color choices.

Always worth a look at, and always an insperation

Thanks as always for keeping doing what you do  :)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Always great to see more of what you do.

Stunning work, and stunning color choices.

Always worth a look at, and always an insperation

Thanks as always for keeping doing what you do  :)

Thank you for the kind reply, Tactalvanic...it's the morale boosting comments from you & other Forum Folk that keep me going...along with a GREAT deal of black coffee. I'm delighted you are enjoying my works...such as they are. You can consider this next post as dedicated to you...if you'd like:

AND now for the first time ever, Sleazy McScuzz's Skallywags seen here with their Fanatic whirling around:

...The Fanatics Note: for those who have been spared the evil influence of War Hammer Goblin lore, Fanatics are drug crazed Loonies who are potentially hidden in each Night Goblin Unit. When they near an unfriendly unit, the Fanatics, armed with HUGE spiked iron balls & chains, are released to go whirling through the enemies ranks...there's an equal chance of coming straight back through their own ranks. In either case they leave swathes of death & destruction in their wakes until they either expire or run into an immovable object, the result of which is too gross to be considered here:

...The Skallywags Themselves:

...swords were hard to come by in the Night Goblin Box, SO I substituted torches to make up the difference:

...more in a bit!

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
So colorfull nightgoblins work a treat! They'd fit right in as inhabitants of your boards!
''Its so much easier to build something new than work up the courage to actually paint some.'' -Wyrmalla (2015)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
So colorfull nightgoblins work a treat! They'd fit right in as inhabitants of your boards!

Thanks for the kind words, LordOdo. Now that you mention it, the Lads do match up nicely with the current colors
They might be a tight fit on the boards though. When I did these, it looked like the local shop was into War Hammer big time. G.W. sank that with a string of "improvements". C'est la vie, eh?.

HOWEVER, since you posted just prior to my updating, the next Mob Scene is dedicated to yo.

Next on the Order of Battle, so to speak, is Raunchy O Ratbait's Raiders, the Big spear armed Gang...calling them a Goblin Unit/Regiment seems like a contradiction in terms; & Mob would probably be more correct than Gang.:

...with the Gangs Fanatics on the loose:

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx269/DeafNala/The%20Red%20Botherhood%20Goblins%20Revisited/DSCN3718.jpg

...AND all the Pointy Lads...there's a Hero lurking in the ranks:

The smallest of the Mobs at the minimum number of twenty, Filthy McFang's Forlorn Hopes:

...attached Fanatics:

...some Freelance Fanatics, destined for a Gang that never happened:

...AND the Boys:

...YET MORE ANON...well maybe a tad more than anon.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
NOW on to the Long Range Death Lads...up close & personal from a distance.
Motley McMugwoort's Cunning Crew:

...Rowdy O'Ragear's Reavers:

...AND Long Fang (possible name) the Bolt Thrower:

...the rest of the photos in a bit...may be two bits.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Insert a drum roll here...IT'S TIME FOR THE BIG FINALE...so to speak:
The Wizards With No Names, seen here on traveling bases/individual movement trays:

..for possible inclusion in a unit the W.W.a.N on foot...sort of:

The Giants of Albion Anonymous:

For the Archives: Gouger McGoon's Gourmets:

"...Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair."  Ozymandias, P.B. Shelley

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
What an amazingly unique army. It really has a very unique look to it, especially along with how you do metallics and skin and those freehand banners. Add to this the huge mushrooms and these uncommonly thick, organic bases. These guys look like they're right out of a fairy tales book with colorized woodcut illustrations. Great job there, you really made these YOUR army. I'll keep this one in mind.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
What an amazingly unique army. It really has a very unique look to it, especially along with how you do metallics and skin and those freehand banners. Add to this the huge mushrooms and these uncommonly thick, organic bases. These guys look like they're right out of a fairy tales book with colorized woodcut illustrations. Great job there, you really made these YOUR army. I'll keep this one in mind.

Thanks MUCHO for the kind reply, Battle Brush Sigur! I am delighted you enjoyed my work. Folk Lore & Faerie Tales are the basis for much of what I do.
The metal effect on these Goblins was a new technique I was trying out back then. It is one of those thing that slowly improved as I continued; then I went back to regular metals, but some of the results were fairly decent.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
I'm going to have to save all these pictures for future inspiration. :-*

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
I'm going to have to save all these pictures for future inspiration. :-*

That was very kind of you to say, W.K.. Being an inspiration is something I have never imagined being...other than a bad example that is.

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
One word: magical.

Your miniatures are always magical DeafNala. Thanks for making the effort time and again of sharing your work.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
One word: magical.

Your miniatures are always magical DeafNala. Thanks for making the effort time and again of sharing your work.

Thanks for the kind reply, von Lucky. It's my pleasure sharing my stuff with you...it would go unseen otherwise.

Offline Maxromek

• Librarian
Absolutely stunning!