Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:08:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (Kickstarter) Venus 1888 live and Euro Friendly!!...Sneak peek Chippawa Jane!  (Read 7690 times)

Offline Cotton Eyed Joe

• Librarian
Re: (Kickstarter) Venus 1888 is now live...
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2017, 06:49:52 PM »
I assume you will have some sort of minimum buy to get the stretch goals.

They could also be add-ons at a reduced price given you plunk down so much in your pledge.

Or both.

Any general feeling of how you plan to do this?

Hi Ray,

For every hundred dollars or four packs you will get one of the stretch goals for free. All stretch goals will also be available as add-ons.

Joe

Offline Blodwin

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2017, 06:54:18 PM »
Congratulations on the kickstarter going live - love the figures and was really looking forward to getting involved - but with the figures over £4 each and the free add on being only one figure if you spend over £80 - then sadly I will have to give it a miss :'(
Hopefully the range will continue to grow.
Blodwin

Offline SpaceGoblin

• Librarian
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2017, 12:21:38 AM »
Love the designs but $28 seems a little steep for 5 infantry models. May have to wait and maybe buy a few later once the kickstarter has run its course. Seems like the goal has been reached anyway-which is great. Very happy to see this range do well :)

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2017, 01:13:35 AM »
I was going to pledge anyway, but now I see it is already funded and my $200+ will get me two stretch goals into the bargain!
My only worry is that I will get hit for customs being in the UK.
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2017, 02:29:56 AM »
Hi Ray,

For every hundred dollars or four packs you will get one of the stretch goals for free. All stretch goals will also be available as add-ons.

Joe

Sounds reasonable to me.

Also would like to thank you for this project and support of VSF.

Offline Cotton Eyed Joe

• Librarian
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2017, 03:15:50 AM »
I was going to pledge anyway, but now I see it is already funded and my $200+ will get me two stretch goals into the bargain!
My only worry is that I will get hit for customs being in the UK.

Thanks for your support. I also updated shipping to take care of 50% of the cost for folks spending 100 dollars or more, because it gives me the wiggle room to do so. There are some real fun stretch goals coming and I am sure you will be amused..

Joe

Offline Cotton Eyed Joe

• Librarian
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2017, 03:18:54 AM »
Sounds reasonable to me.

Also would like to thank you for this project and support of VSF.

You welcome and it has been an expensive pleasure getting the range going. The clockwork mule for the artillery is probably one of the coolest pieces of the range and is just beautiful. Images should be this week.

Thanks again for the support..

Joe

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2017, 11:00:55 AM »
You welcome and it has been an expensive pleasure getting the range going.

Well... you know what they say about how you get a million dollars in the miniatures business... You start with 2 million dollars...  ;)

The clockwork mule for the artillery is probably one of the coolest pieces of the range and is just beautiful. Images should be this week.

If it's anything close to how the horses came out it should make a pretty big splash.

Offline Cotton Eyed Joe

• Librarian
Hi Folks,

First of the Stretch Goals is almost done. She is called Chippewa Jane, Scout and Tracker.

All comments welcome

Joe

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Lovely figure, great character in that sculpt. :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
  • "Down with this sort of thing!" (Careful now)
    • Bad Squiddo Games
Just a reminder bump for anyone who missed it that the project is now

EU FRIENDLY

So no customs or other tax worries, it'll be shipped from me in Wales, so you are free to go crazy with your pledges ;-)

Offline LCpl McDoom

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Congratulations for reaching target and I hope you get even more support to achieve some of the extras.

From lessons and observations from other KS projects, communication on the KS page is crucial.

I note you've taken time to provide replies on the Comments posted up - well done, so many creators stall on that. However, don't forget your Updates section too - it's especially important as sometimes, this is an area that non-backers can access to check up on progress, and putting up a few messages really helps - even if it's only one per week. It means visitors to the project page still see some impetus, and that can convince some of them to jump on-board in the latter stages as the project reaches the deadline.

Great to see the success. My hope is that at some later date, these will be available for normal retail, but best wishes regardless  :)

Offline Cotton Eyed Joe

• Librarian
Congratulations for reaching target and I hope you get even more support to achieve some of the extras.

From lessons and observations from other KS projects, communication on the KS page is crucial.

I note you've taken time to provide replies on the Comments posted up - well done, so many creators stall on that. However, don't forget your Updates section too - it's especially important as sometimes, this is an area that non-backers can access to check up on progress, and putting up a few messages really helps - even if it's only one per week. It means visitors to the project page still see some impetus, and that can convince some of them to jump on-board in the latter stages as the project reaches the deadline.

Great to see the success. My hope is that at some later date, these will be available for normal retail, but best wishes regardless  :)

Thanks for the well wishes and the advice.. It was funny that I planed a huge update several days ago with images as well and Kickstarter had this wierd problem where you could not upload images...Some other sites were experiencing it as well. Hopefully it is working today...

Joe

Offline shadowbeast

• Scientist
Is there a way to buy packs with no cavalry at all?
No gel ball ban in WA! http://chng.it/pcKk9qKcVN

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
Fellow beast,

I'm fairly certain the individual packs are divided into foot, cavalry, and artillery. I'll admit the wording is not completely clear, but I'm used to dealing with Star Fleet Battle players...  lol

Doug