Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:27:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686622
  • Total Topics: 118114
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Lead Painters' League - Season Three  (Read 101182 times)

Offline Ramshackle_Curtis

• Mastermind
    • http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/
Re: The Lead Painters' League - Season Three
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2009, 05:56:09 PM »
That is a hard core painting schedule. I think I may enter, but Im not going to be in it to win it if I have to do 50 models! Still thats not the point is it? THis promises to be fun.

Im thinking of doing Mecha Hitler and his lesbian vampire body guard for the first round!

Offline Vonkluge

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
  • Dogs of War and Bengal Club member / Kaiser Bill!
    • Historical Hobbies
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2009, 08:31:48 PM »
Well with the time frame I'll be hard pressed to get anywhere in the compitition what with work, wife, kids, dog, and life chopping my time to little pieces. But I'll give it a go! and pray to the Saint's for a miracle brush!

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2009, 10:54:18 PM »
I didn't aim to enter ten teams last time and there's no way I'll aim for that goal this time.  I just try to get in as many as I can.  We just do our best and ogle some fine painting and imaginative interpretations of what "team" means.  I'm looking forward.

Offline Vonkluge

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
  • Dogs of War and Bengal Club member / Kaiser Bill!
    • Historical Hobbies
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2009, 03:29:31 AM »
Question for Capin Blood,

If my team is in a boat and both are painted/built by me does the boat qualify as part of the team? or is it scenery?

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2009, 10:13:51 AM »

If my team is in a boat and both are painted/built by me does the boat qualify as part of the team? or is it scenery?

Yes, that's acceptable. Here are the rules again concerning 'composition of the team

Composition of the Team

The only thing NOT acceptable as part of a team is any type of terrain, which may only be used as a "backdrop" for your entry photography. Other than that, you may enter any assembly of miniatures, including humans, aliens, monsters, animals, robots, vehicles, ships, aircraft, spacecraft etc., or a combination thereof, for example a team of humans and animals or of humans and a vehicle (or multiple vehicles). The ONLY stipulation being that the team must follow a consistent theme.

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2009, 12:20:14 PM »
Yeah!! Here we go again!!

Since it's will be the 2nd time for me I hope to perform better( And luckily there are no trains involved this time  lol).
Many thanks to you, Captain Blood for organising the LPL this season. It combines also nicely with my battle against the Lead Mountain.
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2009, 01:57:11 PM »

It combines also nicely with my battle against the Lead Mountain.

Yes, I think quite a few participants look on the LPL as a bit of a forced march to drive inroads into their tottering lead mountains...  ;)

Of course, if we all spent as much time actually painting, as we do chatting online...  ::)  lol

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ...let slip the frogs of war.
    • My deviantArt gallery of painted figures
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2009, 05:58:14 PM »
Two teams painted.  :P
You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up.

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2009, 04:07:23 AM »

Yes, I think quite a few participants look on the LPL as a bit of a forced march to drive inroads into their tottering lead mountains...  ;)

Of course, if we all spent as much time actually painting, as we do chatting online...  ::)  lol

Shut your mouth. Where do you think we gett all of these ideas?
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2009, 09:23:22 AM »
Thanks Ray and Mac - I think that's all correct  ::)

Just a point - of course it doesn't have to be five figures in a 'team', it has to be 'at least' five figures. But it would be lovely to see a few units with more figures than that  :)

I'm in for this season too. Horsed may be a problem (I hate painting horses), but I'll field something mounted for that round ...

Good man, Bullshott. (I'm expecting Venusian terror birds - just a wild guess  ;))

I think you are going to have your work cut out Capt. and there will be an unprecidented amount of participants

May even have a go myself

Yerrrssss...
Ah well, the more the merrier, eh?
Let's face it, it's only a question of doing a draw, uploading a few pics and updating a few scores...
What could be difficult about that?  :D  (Famous last words)

I could have sworn you were in season 2, weren't you Svennn?
I think you beat me, you swine  ;)

With the bonus rounds - 5 & 10 will you still be awarding the "new" bonus points if the team has not been seen before?  (I'm sure the prof did last time.  Not sure about Season one though.)

And if yes how will round 10 work?

That is.  Round 5 - bonus awarded to the painter who fields five or more mounted.  And - if new - 10 bonus points.(?)
Round 10 - bonus points for the...as already discussed.  10 bonus points for new if one team of five unseen? or all teams..?

Thinking about it, the "new" 10 bonus must apply as not everyone will enter a "bonus Round-legal" team.  But they may enter a "new" team. 

Personally, I don't much mind either way but I know it's best to be clear at the outset as some take even "fun" competitions very , very seriously.  ::)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2009, 09:39:53 AM »
With the bonus rounds - 5 & 10 will you still be awarding the "new" bonus points if the team has not been seen before?  (I'm sure the prof did last time.  Not sure about Season one though.)

yes, I did. In season one too. That's correct, you'll get "new" bonus points and "theme bonus" points.

And if yes how will round 10 work?
Round 10 - bonus points for the...as already discussed.  10 bonus points for new if one team of five unseen? or all teams..?

the same as Round 5. 10 bonus points for "new" and "theme bonus" points

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2009, 01:17:20 PM »

I would not call it a forced march, I enjoy the LPL too much for that, but I can imagine that for some people it might feel that way. Chatting does not reduce painting time by much though. I can chat at work without a problem, but I don't know if it would be tolerated if I started painting....   ::)

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2009, 01:44:29 PM »
Just to clarify, it is the models themselves, not the specific picture, that needs to have not been pictured online before in order to get the bonus points, yes?

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2009, 02:02:46 PM »
Just to clarify, it is the models themselves, not the specific picture, that needs to have not been pictured online before in order to get the bonus points, yes?

yes, that's right, the models not the picture.

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2009, 03:48:26 PM »
Do centaurs count as "Mounted"?