Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:04:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690588
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 840
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: ChargeDog's Adventures in Bazistan and Zaiweibo  (Read 125462 times)

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
Re: ChargeDog's Adventures in Bazistan and Zaiweibo
« Reply #150 on: January 08, 2018, 03:45:09 PM »

To notch brushwork on those two, CONGRATULATIONS!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2018, 04:54:45 PM »
Very interesting. Thanks.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #152 on: January 08, 2018, 06:30:59 PM »
Ah, those are the new spec ops guys from Spectre right? The one on the left may look like a bit of a plonker swinging his axe about like that, but you've managed with them regardless. :D

I take it you're using that pair with the Task Force Nomad lost? Personally I'm thinking the guy on the right could work for the other side, as a random guy using a captured government Anti-Material Rifle (or one donated from some non-state actors).

Offline ChargeDog

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #153 on: January 08, 2018, 07:16:50 PM »
Glad everyone likes them! They were mainly painted in a poorly lit room so I'm glad they worked out okay!

I'm going to be doing a full impression on them (along with the three Task Force guys) but a few answers.

Guy on the left is to go with the Tier 1 Operators range which is currently serving as the Argo Corp's men in the field (hence the tacticool gear). The axe is for hacking your way through wooden doors and smashing windows which, along with his shotgun, means he is definitely the man picked for breaching actions. The axe in Spectre also gives you a boost in CQB (although limits you to only killing your opponents - guessing the berserker rage comes on).

Guy on the right is definitely for the Task Force Nomad set. One of the things I like about them is, as Wyrmalla says, they would work pretty well with the OPFOR. Either as a team of SF working alongside the militia or a well equipped bad guy. I dread to think what armoury he pillaged to get his hands on a Barrett XM500 though, although it might also be one that had a box of XM25s (if you use more of the Nomad guys)

Just a heads up, next two days posts are not going to be packed with new stuff - it's mainly stats, planning and some cool projects I'm (possibly) looking at

Offline ChargeDog

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2018, 12:04:02 PM »
It's stats day! Really this is the only picture in the post.

My review of 2017 is now up on the blog at http://hntdaab.co.uk/blog/2018/01/09/2017-in-review/

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #155 on: January 10, 2018, 09:36:27 AM »
Interesting review of the year.

Personally I am not too interested in videos unless they contain something that can only be shown on a video.

A picture may be worth a thousand words, but a video maybe be blocked by the café "visible" from my desk.

Offline ChargeDog

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #156 on: January 10, 2018, 12:15:06 PM »
Thanks!

Yeah, I'm not a massive fan of video content personally (especially with tutorials) but can see the appeal. It's safe to say though, anything I do for video will be duplicated in picture and word form.

The final part of the intro to the year is now up and I'm looking forward at what is coming next in 2018!

As always its on the blog at http://hntdaab.co.uk/blog/2018/01/10/2018-in-preview/

Back to the regular schedule of content on Friday with an impressions of Round of Fire
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 12:18:15 PM by ChargeDog »

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
« Reply #157 on: January 10, 2018, 01:57:13 PM »
I liked your year end review.

Interestingly enough, your blog kind of pushed me off of my butt and into moderns.

I found your blog through LAF so posting on miniature sites is working (to some degree).

Video content is an interesting approach. I think what you are doing now is working. But I'm not sure what your long term goals are either. Creating good video content can also be very time consuming.

Anyways, keep up the good work

Yearly painting challenges only show me how useless I am at painting...

Offline ChargeDog

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #158 on: January 10, 2018, 02:56:17 PM »
I liked your year end review.

Interestingly enough, your blog kind of pushed me off of my butt and into moderns.

I found your blog through LAF so posting on miniature sites is working (to some degree).

Video content is an interesting approach. I think what you are doing now is working. But I'm not sure what your long term goals are either. Creating good video content can also be very time consuming.

Anyways, keep up the good work

Thanks, glad you like the posts, and sorry to your wallet for getting you into moderns.

If I was to do video content it would very much be a supplemental thing to the writing - after all the writing seems to be doing a good job of getting people interested! Also writing posts and taking photos take much less time

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #159 on: January 10, 2018, 07:39:18 PM »
I look forward to seeing how your plans play out.

I never check how much unpainted figures I have (the painted ones are probably statistically insignificant) ^__^.

Offline ChargeDog

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #160 on: January 12, 2018, 12:05:51 PM »
First weekend post of the year and we are looking at a new ruleset, Round of Fire. Its a really exciting game and I'm looking forward to playing more of it.

As always, its on the blog at http://hntdaab.co.uk/blog/2018/01/12/impressions-round-fire-universal-skirmish-rules/

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #161 on: January 12, 2018, 08:30:18 PM »
I have been holding out on getting these rules in the hope you would do a review. Now I am definitely getting them.

Offline ChargeDog

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #162 on: January 15, 2018, 12:10:43 PM »
I have been holding out on getting these rules in the hope you would do a review. Now I am definitely getting them.
Enjoy!

New post is up, this week's Wargaming Week! I got some more painting done.

As always, its on the blog at http://hntdaab.co.uk/blog/2018/01/15/wargaming-week-15-01-2018/

Offline ChargeDog

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #163 on: January 19, 2018, 12:02:22 PM »
Time for another weekend post! This week we are looking at Spectre's releases from December - 5 more figures to extend for the existing ranges

As always its on the blog at http://hntdaab.co.uk/blog/2018/01/19/impressions-spectre-december-releases/

Offline ChargeDog

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #164 on: January 22, 2018, 12:04:37 PM »
The new Wargaming Week is up! Bit of a quiet one, not much time for hobby stuff. Although new figures on the way!

As always, it's on the blog at http://hntdaab.co.uk/blog/2018/01/22/wargaming-week-22-01-2018/