Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:02:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686553
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: ChargeDog's Adventures in Bazistan and Zaiweibo  (Read 124035 times)

Offline DavyJones

• Scientist
    • GlueandDice.com - Adventures in small worlds
Re: ChargeDog's Adventures in Bazistan and Zaiweibo
« Reply #180 on: February 06, 2018, 07:39:48 PM »
Great stuff.  :-*

Offline DeltaBlue

• Bookworm
  • wait who planted the claymore?!?
« Reply #181 on: February 07, 2018, 09:28:22 AM »
Ah both of them were limited release models from Spectre.

1) is from the original kickstarter - he was the Delta Close support gunner

2) was this year's Salute release. They do a yearly special edition figure that is only available at the show or around the same time.

All I can recommend is to watch ebay for them popping up

ahh just my luck... well thank you anyway
GM (me) - you spot a 70 year old grey hair little old lady.. Clutching large leather bound book and a uzi.

“Tom”- “She has a Book!!!”

“Danny”- “I put a bust of M4 fire between her eyes” rolls…

Phil- “if he misses I put a shotgun slug in her face” 

That’s the Delta green baby"

Offline ChargeDog

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #182 on: February 07, 2018, 12:30:34 PM »
Midweek post for a change! This is my report on running the game at Vapnartak in York. Lots of details on the changes as well as some thoughts for going forward.

As always, its on the blog at http://hntdaab.co.uk/blog/2018/02/07/operation-dragons-hoard-vapnartak-york/

Offline ChargeDog

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #183 on: February 09, 2018, 12:05:11 PM »
This week's Friday post is up! I'm expanding out the companies I've looked at with a look at SASM's Operator Juarez CIA pack.

As always, it's on the site at http://hntdaab.co.uk/blog/2018/02/09/impressions-sasm-operator-juarez/

Offline ChargeDog

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #184 on: February 12, 2018, 12:04:41 PM »
New Wargaming Week is up - lots of WIP stuff including a new range of buildings

As always, its on the blog at http://hntdaab.co.uk/blog/2018/02/12/wargaming-week-12-02-2018/

Offline ChargeDog

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #185 on: February 16, 2018, 12:12:49 PM »
This week's post is up, taking a look at a new manufacturer Warhansa! I picked up their Spetsnaz team and had a great time painting them.

As always, you can find it on the site at http://hntdaab.co.uk/blog/2018/02/16/impressions-warhansa-spetsnaz/

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #186 on: February 16, 2018, 01:59:03 PM »
Your link is not working.

Nice article. Useful to see other brands.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 06:01:26 PM by Ultravanillasmurf »

Offline ChargeDog

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #187 on: February 16, 2018, 04:04:22 PM »
Ah, just fixed the link, seems like wordpress had an issue.

Hope you all enjoy it now!

Offline ChargeDog

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #188 on: February 19, 2018, 12:04:10 PM »
Another week, another update! Lots of WIP stuff which should be a preview of upcoming impressions

As always its on the blog at http://hntdaab.co.uk/blog/2018/02/19/wargaming-week-19-02-2018/

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #189 on: February 19, 2018, 08:29:34 PM »
That modular building looks good.

Offline ChargeDog

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #190 on: February 21, 2018, 12:17:54 PM »
Surprise! I'm starting a posting slot every other Wednesday for smaller posts - I'm running out of weeks in the year to do everything I want to do!

This first post is an overview of the Empress US Stowage Kit - not quite as exciting as new operators but still useful!

As always, its on the site at http://hntdaab.co.uk/blog/2018/02/21/impressions-empress-us-stowage-1/

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #191 on: February 21, 2018, 01:11:45 PM »
I picked up one of those sets myself. Your review covers the set, and its details, though how does it compare to the other options?

Personally for moderns I'd recommend HLBS' Landrover Stowage set. I'm not clued up enough on which particular units use which gear, but it appears generic enough to do for any modern force. Whilst Empress' one will cover further back, HLBS' appearance is distinctively modern with some of its backpacks (by the straps), which is a bit more appealing to me. Unfortunately, despite carrying the rest of the range, Empress don't sell this particular set (which I suppose is fine for HLBS, as it meant I went direct to their site and picked up some other stuff which I'm presume was better for them).

I'd also recommend Die Waffenkammer's sets. They're about the best bang for your buck for stowage (their direct competitor would be Warlord Games, who's stowage pack has about 1/5th of JTFM's). However are distinctly WWII, though a backpacks' a backpack in "generic developing world country number 24".

Ah, not to hijack your thread of course, nor to detract from your blog (though I prefer having the conversation over the forum, as blogs can make that a bit disparate). :)

Offline ChargeDog

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #192 on: February 21, 2018, 02:06:43 PM »
""
Hey!
I haven't picked up any of those others so currently the only one I can compare it against is the Spectre stowage packs (the basic and Razor specific one) which I looked at on the blog when they came out.

Stowage Alfa feels really designed for the SF style of technical with the cooler boxes and pelican cases. The packs though are a nice mix of small assault and the larger carrying types. The LAWs and AT4s are also pretty handy

Razor Stowage Alfa is designed for the Razor but with a trim down the jerry can holders would work on other vehicles.

I agree with you the Die Waffenkammer sets look very much WW2. The HLBS kit however is interesting so it's on my list to take a look at. I do wonder if Empress are planning on making their own set for the Brits hence why they don't sell it.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #193 on: February 21, 2018, 02:38:19 PM »
I suppose in the case of Empress they were already selling their own US stowage it, in which case having a second modern one would dilute the buyers. Better to have the customers buying your one, than have an alternative which you pay commission on. Though that's perhaps a rather shrewd way of looking at things. I don't believe there's much overlap in there ranges besides that one item, unless there's much more of HLBS' moderns which Empress don't sell?

Tsk, and lucky you with the Spectre stowage packs. They haven't been in stock when I've looked since they originally went on sale. Oh for a world where Spectre cast to order, though I assume that they're using a third party for their casting, and its cheaper buying in bulk. Though they did say that they would get their stock issues resolved this year (then promptly ran out of stock following that message...). :)

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #194 on: February 21, 2018, 06:17:02 PM »
Interesting review, thanks.

Anvil Industries have packs of Bergens and other packs, but I have no idea of their size (their Regiments range is scaled/styled similar to Imperial Guard).