Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:44:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: WF Zombie Sprues now for sale...  (Read 13423 times)

Offline audrey

• Scientist
    • My Oubliette
Re: WF Zombie Sprues now for sale...
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2009, 09:01:56 PM »
I got my zombie sprues from WF this past Friday. They match Cold Wars zombies and Hasslefree figures rather well. The detail is not as good as you can tell from the pictures that have been posted. I think a good paint job would do them justice. I do like having greater choices for converting with plastic figures. All the parts are not as universal or fit together as easily as you would think. WF does have some learning to do when it comes to fitting parts together. There is some trimming involved for some neck ball joints or getting various pieces to fit. Though I consider that minor. It is nothing that requires great modeling skills. But for 0.75¢ a zombie they certainly are better than some metal zombies I have seen going for $1-2+ ea. and I would take the WF zombies over GW zombies any day for modern zombie games. I think it is a good option for casual zombie game players that want some figures without spending a lot. Over all I feel they are worth what I paid.

On a side note, I like their packaging. It does not have a lot of excessive waist. Plus the cardboard insert is recycled paper and the figures are recycled plastic. For me I like to see companies that have put thought into what waste packaging can create. Granted I am sure some gamers could care less. On the down side it came in a rather large shipping box. At least it can be recycled.

I plan on doing a more detailed review later. Plus take photos. I bought the zombies for a conversion project. Though I may build a few as regular old zombies to paint up.

-Audrey
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 09:54:18 PM by audrey »
Mistress of slayage

My Oubliette:
http://audreysoubliette.wordpress.com

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2009, 09:36:58 PM »
Looking really forward to the pictures while I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my zombies from across the big pond.  :)
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline Christian

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ... standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • INCLTVS REX - Late Antique wargames blog
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2009, 10:20:49 PM »
It's good to see people taking these for what they are and just enjoying a nice little product. I really can't wait to see more pics!

That neck on the second zombie pic looks a bit bulbous but I'm sure it could be fixed with a little filing.

Good job WF!

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2009, 01:26:22 AM »
Well, it's good to hear some input on them. And if they sit nicely beside HF stuff then I will have to get me some :). Looking forward to those pics!
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2009, 12:35:40 AM »
Is there a UK seller of the WF Zombies? I don't mind buying from the US, but lately the Portuguese Customs are having their revenge on me for all those years when they didn't tax me  lol