Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:18:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690726
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hello from Romford  (Read 892 times)

Offline 301 Moved Permanently

• Lurker
Hello from Romford
« on: February 16, 2017, 09:54:03 AM »
Hello!

I probably have a fairly similar backstory to most people from here; I grew up playing miniature games, stopped playing for quite a while and have recently rediscovered my love for it. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be a huge miniature gaming scene in Romford, but I've been enjoying getting back into skirmish style games on the small table in my living room with friends, drinking tea, rolling dice, eating biscuits and laughing about our collective miniature misadventures.

We've recently picked up a copy of Rogue Stars to try out, and we're getting a lot of joy out of it, especially as it's letting us use all sorts of miniatures; it seems ideally suited for folks dusting off old and varied model collections. Chances are that we'll branch out at some point into other skirmish games, maybe give some historical things a try (so many eras to choose from, so many systems to choose from!) and get back into a hobby that I've long neglected. So I'm looking forward to being able to talk about games I know and love, but even more importantly, to read about games that I've not tried and expand my gaming horizons a little.

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
Re: Hello from Romford
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 01:09:17 PM »
Hello Sir, and welcome to the LAF!  Sounds like your style of gaming chimes exactly with mine.

Love Romford too - used to do a lot of work down at the hospital a couple of years back.  My fondest memories are the fantastic Italian restaurant in the town centre (Ciao Bella?), and the great fleapit cinema in the Mercury Mall!

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 01:20:58 PM »
My fondest memories are the fantastic Italian restaurant in the town centre (Ciao Bella?), and the great fleapit cinema in the Mercury Mall!

You will be happy to hear that the Italian restaurant is still great, and the fleapit cinema is still going strong. There's something strangely compelling about walking home after a late night showing of some film or other, and you go down the escalator, and everything else in the Mall is closed up, it's all quiet...

...that reminds me, I need to find a zombie miniatures game.

Offline Porthius

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Assistant
    • Miniature Minds
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 05:58:28 PM »
A warm welcome to you! You are not alone as I also reside in Romford!  lol

Have you been to the gaming shop on Roneo Corner?

• Lurker
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 08:59:38 AM »
Have you been to the gaming shop on Roneo Corner?

I have not, but it's about a fifteen minute walk from my place, so I can remedy that pretty quickly!