Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:16:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Moving to Goldsboro NC, USA  (Read 1116 times)

Offline racm32

• Mastermind
    • Wyndehurst Productions
Moving to Goldsboro NC, USA
« on: February 24, 2017, 01:07:01 AM »
Hello everyone. In April I will be moving to Goldsboro North Carolina so reaching out to see if I'll have any gamers not the area.

Offline Chuckaroobob

• Scientist
Re: Moving to Goldsboro NC, USA
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 08:03:29 PM »
Hi, although its an hour away I'd recommend the Raleigh group called Triangle Simulation Society. Sometimes they shorten the 2nd word to "sim".  They are on facebook and have a yahoogroup. They do everything from cavemen to deep space, and everything in between. Some of them might live in the Goldsboro direction.

Their annual con is called Southern Front.
They call me "Point Cow"

Offline racm32

• Mastermind
    • Wyndehurst Productions
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 02:42:06 AM »
Hi, although its an hour away I'd recommend the Raleigh group called Triangle Simulation Society. Sometimes they shorten the 2nd word to "sim".  They are on facebook and have a yahoogroup. They do everything from cavemen to deep space, and everything in between. Some of them might live in the Goldsboro direction.

Their annual con is called Southern Front.

thank you

Offline Robur

• Lurker
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 12:12:12 AM »
racm, 

Hey, I'm in Greenville NC, about an hour or so away.  This town used to have a really vibrant game scene but it's in hibernation now with, as I understand it, mainly X-Wing in play.  The local game shop is mainly Magic the Gathering but some GW games still happen.  Frostgrave has been mentioned within my hearing a couple of times when I was in the shop, but I've never seen any played. 

One of our veteran gamers lives in Goldsboro.  I see him as a customer at my job every week or two so I'll pass on your recent post here and have him take a look. 

At my job, I've got a co-worker just back from the military looking at wargames again (we used to play WFB back in the day) and the Lion/Dragon Rampant games are what I'm suggesting.   

I'm currently putting together a Lion Rampant retinue and starting on some new scenery (I chucked most of my gaming stuff some years ago).  I'd like to get some historical action going out here, but I'll play almost anything skirmish-y (I don't do arms races anymore). 

Welcome to the area!  Let me know if there's any information about Greenville that'd help your move to the east. 

Rob

Offline racm32

• Mastermind
    • Wyndehurst Productions
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 07:40:25 PM »
Sorry for the late reply, been busy moving. Please do pass on my info and ask him to pm me if interested.
I have a good size collection of historical armies and a growing fantasy and sci-fi collection. As of now I have:
-Couple groups of ice age humans for tribal fighting.
 -An army of dark age Normans and One of Anglo-saxons. Some terrain.
-2 28mm sailing ships with WIP pirates and British sailors
-A WIP army of French for FIW and WIP colonial/provential army both with Indian allies. Also have some terrain.
-WW1 German and russian armies.
-about 8 WW1 wings of glory planes.
-a large collection of 20mm modern US, Russian, Taliban, British, Ukrainian, and Russian separatists forces with vehicles and terrain.
-a large collecting of models for frostgrave with terrain.
-and some odds and ends for no particular game.

I have enough terrain to play about every game I have