Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:37:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689628
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER -- February 27, 2018) Monolith: Batman - Gotham City Chronicles  (Read 31799 times)

Offline supervike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
Yep, all in for me too.... ;D ;D

Anyone see any pics comparing Monolith's figs with Knight Models?  I'd just be curious to see.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
Not me. Monolith's Facebook might have something, or if painters of the (preproduction?) minis have been mentioned there or in the KS project page then their blogs/whathavethey.

Offline opponenttheory

• Scientist
    • My blog about painting
I don't have the KM killer croc so this is the best I can do.

The monolith model is very sturdy which I like a lot. The KM resin is very fragile and I've already broken quite a few models, mostly the ankles of the female superheros. This is one of the reasons I'm giving the harry potter game a miss as I'm concerned the wands will break easily.

Not yet decided on backing this kickstarter as I don't really have much interest of adding this to my personal collection but might be worth getting the basic set for the business.

Offline supervike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
Thank you kind sir!!

It'd be a shame if you didn't get this game and paint up those figs!!  That would be a huge investment in your time, but I doubt you'd have any trouble making the monetary part back.

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
KM and Monoliths should be the same scale. I can never remember if both are 32mm or 35mm though.

Offline BadgerTheBrave

• Bookworm
    • Board Games Everybody Should...
Batman:GCC minis are 35mm. Very sturdy as they are made of a mix of PVC and ABS plastics.

In fact, only one figure broke after 4 strenuous days of play testing at Essen last year.
Play nicely together, please

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
Talking of miniatures, the latest update has some resin casts on show:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/batmantm-gotham-city-chronicles/posts/2134536

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
The project has broken the Secret Real Funding Goal of 3 million at pretty close the mid-way mark. Some grumbling about lack of stretch goals (or about not getting the right stretch goals) in the comments but despite that it looks to be still growing somewhat steadily, if not fast.

Offline BadgerTheBrave

• Bookworm
Just think, with another 2 weeks what other goals it will break...

We already have a bucket load of extra minis. And there are still some major character I haven't seen.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
We already have a bucket load of extra minis. And there are still some major character I haven't seen.
Unfortunately, your average KS backer doesn't think about the pile of stash they already have gained, they only think about the stuff they still could get from stretch goals. And as we look to have entered the mid-project doldrums with this particular project (even tho it still netted over $10,000 yesterday), they are starting to lament the lack of those gains. Funnily I've not only seen complaints about how very few/next to no new SGs will be reached, I also saw a somewhat conspiracy theoretical post that Monolith upped the steps between SGs because they don't have enough SGs to last the whole campaign.

Offline BadgerTheBrave

• Bookworm
SG (to Monolith) are a shop window. And this will be the last project that will have them. They are completely unnecessary evil for game designers. Everyone want's new SG to be made up on the fly or added from suggestions by backers. And you've seen no complaint because Monolith have been transparent about the KS.

Batman GCC is a fully formed game, with everything already designed, authorized and play tested. The SG may seem a little lack luster for some but it is what it is. Your paying for a game, minis and the licence. Not to have you name place on the box or a solo mode that is tacked on and doesn't work.

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
A few of the early stretch goals were essential (like Penguin) and I wouldnt have pledged without them, but after Two Face unlocked I havent really cared much about the stretch goals.

Its getting close to $1 per miniature for a base game pledge and thats not counting the terrain pieces or all the boardgame bits that I'll probably sell off anyways.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
And some of those minis are rather big as well...

Anyhow, the project looks to have picked up the pace a bit again. REF the latest update (and talking of bigger-than-average figs), Tusk was a bit of an "out of the left field" SG for me.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 06:30:58 AM by tnjrp »

Offline DeltaBlue

• Bookworm
  • wait who planted the claymore?!?

Tusk was a bit of an "out of the left field" SG for me.

agreed but interesting all the same
GM (me) - you spot a 70 year old grey hair little old lady.. Clutching large leather bound book and a uzi.

“Tom”- “She has a Book!!!”

“Danny”- “I put a bust of M4 fire between her eyes” rolls…

Phil- “if he misses I put a shotgun slug in her face” 

That’s the Delta green baby"

Offline BadgerTheBrave

• Bookworm
Another surprise stretch goal was unlocked. I never thought that I'd see the day that a "Holly Cow" would actually be in a Batman game. But here it is.