Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:13:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690785
  • Total Topics: 118349
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: E-50 M - Finished  (Read 3645 times)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: E-50 M WIP
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2017, 12:04:08 AM »
Tsk, its all colour and ...stuff. Damn, the wonder of an airbrush. ...That is an airbrush right? Or just light coats? Yeah, I quite like those colours; the white outlined markings in particular (just a pity with all the white on my stuff I can't get away with them).

Are you going to tat it up to all hell with weathering? Ah, I assume not. Heh, well its interesting to see someone spending more than one night painting their's. ;)

Offline Slayer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2017, 05:00:00 AM »
thats looking friggn cool
the early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2017, 02:46:38 PM »
 Many thanks for the kind words. Wyrmalla - I do use an airbrush, you can get the colour transitions with a brush (I'm in awe of Queeg for his brush skills), but it's a bum load of extra work (wet blending on big surfaces takes me forever). The airbrush speeds things up immensely once you've learned a few basic skills. The pale lines are actually several different shades of Dunklegelb, dark through light, (I use the Mig Modulation set) - it's the photo's fault - I used my crappy phone camera & without decent lighting it messes with the colour balance & washes the lighter colours out (it's very annoying - the vehicle looks better 'in real life' than in the pic - honest ;)).
 It will be weathered, probably not too heavily (about the same as the Maus from earlier) but will probably get some stowage once Brent releases the spare track links he's got planned. I've also been messing about trying to come up with a TC, I've got some unused WF Germans, I'll get a torso/arms from them & probably a WW head.

Slayer - cheers! 

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
Re: E-50 M - Finished
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2017, 05:37:38 PM »
 After allowing myself to get distracted & then discovering that my compressor really hates hot weather I 'finished' the E-50M (there's bound to be something I've missed). As ever, please forgive the terrible phone pics - the TC is one of the metal WG german tank crew with a WW SotTR head.
 (Once Brett releases the spare track sections I'll add some.)

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2017, 07:18:21 PM »
That is very good.

Offline wolivant

• Librarian
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2017, 09:00:20 PM »
Sterling Work... like that camo scheme alot.

Regards

Wolt

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2017, 09:17:38 PM »
That a dry brush or ink for all that grime? Ooh, or an airbrush? ...Modern technology.

Just a suggestion, around where the side skirts have fallen off it could do with some un-camouflaged areas. Unless they painted it before and after they attached the skirts. :)

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2017, 11:44:54 PM »
 Thanks again for the kind words - Wymalla  - I had been in two minds as to whether to put an unfaded strip in the areas visible, looking at pictures it seems that some vehicles had clearly been camo'd before the skirts were fitted while others camo'd  after. That the hull sponsors were so narrow along their length, in the end made me plumb for the former. I figured that the skirts had been missing long enough for the paint to fade to match the rest ;)
 The weathering was done with a brush, using Mig & Vallejo products; a couple of coats of a Mig filter wash to smooth out the transitions further, then chipping, streaking - using Mig 'Streaking Grime', 'Rainmarks Effects' & 'Rust Streaking Effects', then pigments  (Vallejo in this case), for the earth in the tracks & dust on the hull. There was also a little 2B  pencil rubbed over areas that would have aquired a slight bare metal shine, before the whole thing was matt varnished (Windsor & Newton).. 

Offline Slayer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2017, 01:20:45 AM »
Wow amazing work  :-* :-*

Offline Khurasan Miniatures

• Mastermind
  • Miniature manufacturer to the stars
    • Khurasan Miniatures
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2017, 05:47:40 PM »
Do people play this in 28mm?  

I ask because I have some vehicles I could have upsized for the "period."  Some of them I can't sell because the holder of the rights sold me the rights to sell them in 15mm and smaller, but others I can (like a T-34 (American superheavy), Maus, T-44, IS-4, Pershing, etc.).
Khurasan Miniatures

Like us on Facebook for updates:
http://www.facebook.com/khurasanminiatures

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2017, 06:12:21 PM »
Most of the threads here are for 1/56th scale 28mm stuff. At the moment its taking off a bit with a few kickstarted games, along with expansions for existing rulesets like Konflikt '47. As far as alt-history vehicles go there's not many people selling them. Off the top of my head its mostly Company B, Die Waffenkammer, Heer 46, Warlord Games and West Wind (and only the first three are releasing actual prototype vehicles like you listed, instead of entirely fictional ones).

Looking at your stuff yeah, you could probably get away with just upsizing them - though some extra details wouldn't go amiss. Though hell, if you had a solid brick of resin with a tube sticking out and the word "Maus" gauged in the side it'd be on par with some 1/56th scale manufacturers out there.

Offline Rich H

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2017, 10:35:25 PM »
Contact Jeff Trnka of Die Waffenkammer.

He's taken on loads of my wacky projects ;D

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2017, 02:59:50 PM »
Do people play this in 28mm?
- Quite a few I think - I don't doubt you'd have some takers for 28mm versions. The T-34 alone would probably force me to start a US force, while the T-44 is an easy substitute for a T-34/85 until Rich comes up with some rules.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2017, 03:12:59 PM »
Konflikt '47 actually oddly enough has rules for the T-44 already (its just about the only realistic alt-historic thing that book has). That and I'm making one whenever my order from Blitzkrieg bothers itself to turn up. Having a model you could just buy would be great for Soviet players.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2017, 10:24:43 PM »
A T44 would be useful for a "keep rolling west" campaign.

Now what happened to the Centurion?