Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:27:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: War of Wonders - Miniature Game  (Read 34783 times)

Offline DoctorS

• Assistant
Re: War of Wonders - Miniature Game
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2015, 02:47:56 PM »
Seeing that folks have been mostly bailing out over the last few days, it doesn't seem like this is going to pass with flying colors -- if indeed at all. DoctorS, are you in any way confident that you can fulfill this project if it only barely meets the funding goal?

Thanks for the question, it gives me the chance for a quick recap of how things are going.

Some backers left, some others are arriving right now, in the last hours, their number is still around 70. Unless there's a massive retreat, we're confident we'll stay above the funding goal and we can start the production of the game.

Also, despite the funds dwindled under the 5000 €, we already chose to produce Yashamaru's miniature and we announced it will be free for Captain, Colonel and Hybrid pledge levels (you can read more here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/827575229/war-of-wonders-miniature-game-superheroes-fighting/posts/1252230)

We have company funds to support the production of this new miniature even if we don't hit the stretch goal again. So yes, all in all, we're confident everything we promised will be produced, and War of Wonders will go even past the KS :)

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2015, 06:01:18 PM »
Some backers left, some others are arriving right now, in the last hours, their number is still around 70. Unless there's a massive retreat, we're confident we'll stay above the funding goal and we can start the production of the game
I'm pretty sure that a project that's over the funding level when the last 24 hours start cannot be "un-funded" any more. KS will still take their cut I assume so the sum that such a project gets won't be the same as their funding goal but still it counts as funded.

Anyhow, best of luck with the game. Like mrgrigson, I like the idea of WWWII supers.

Offline DoctorS

• Assistant
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2015, 11:09:30 AM »

The Kickstarter has been funded!

Our sincerest thanks to all our backers for making it possible, for supporting the project and providing important feedbacks throughout the campaign.

Let's face it, we hoped for a better result, but we paid for our inexperience with the KS tools and did some mistakes. We were able to amend some of them on the run, others were not so easy to cope with.

Nonetheless, we'll produce the promised basic set: 4 Meta-Humans (The Flag, Firefly, Brunhild and Dr. Nachtmahr) and 2 troop squads (US Rangers and German Arisches Korps). Also, as previously announced, we'll produce the first Japanese Meta-Human Yashamaru, even if the funds dwindled under the 5.000 € required to unlock the stretch goal.

We think this is a necessary gesture of consideration and respect towards our backers, and also enough of an answer to those wondering about the future of the game now: we of course intend to produce it and widen the range of miniatures, adding the missing factions, special squads and more characters.

Thank you again for your attention, you can find our more on the game's website: http://war-of-wonders-miniature-game.webnode.it/blog/

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2015, 08:38:11 AM »

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Reply #64 on: February 29, 2016, 04:59:32 PM »
Received my pledge today. Some of the heads (specially in the GIs) are a bit "soft" on the detail but I can say I'm happy with the final result. Hope they release more miniatures for this line in the near-future.

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2016, 07:45:36 PM »
Still waiting (in the UK) but hopefully 'soon'.
Kitbash Games' web-page: http://www.kitbashgames.co.uk/

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2016, 08:19:47 PM »
Yeah me too. Its bollox.
Theres more 28mm Superhero Madness at my blog, http://fourcoloursupers.blogspot.com/
And for Ultra-modern Wargaming check out Hotel Zugando at http://ultramoderngaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2017, 07:59:30 PM »
Just a heads up should Limana ever get these to retail including their own web-store - a number of backers (including myself and Rob above, there are others) had none or only part of their pledge. They have not visited their KS page in 11 months and do not reply via the KS page, emails or the War of Wonders Facebook page.

The reason that I am posting this as Limana still seems to be in business hawking its rpgs and if they ever rear their heads here re: minis then I want to ensure caveat emptor applies.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 08:01:45 PM by leonmallett »