Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:50:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Parroom Station Miniatures  (Read 3018 times)

Offline VonAkers

• Scientist
Parroom Station Miniatures
« on: March 18, 2017, 10:31:56 PM »
Hi Guys
Anyone know what is happening with this range?
I know they left Brigade  etc etc , but any developments since ??
They seemed to have dropped off the Planet .
Any advise welcome .
Cheers

Offline Gun bunny

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Re: Parroom Station Miniatures
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 03:32:27 PM »
 :'(  as far as i have been able to ascertain the artist maker has shut down production...if you find anything else out please let me know as i love the cephalopod stuff

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 04:12:06 PM »
:'(  as far as i have been able to ascertain the artist maker has shut down production...if you find anything else out please let me know as i love the cephalopod stuff

Brigade Games has 'shutdown production'. I think Lon told me he returned all masters to Parroom Ent.

I should think if someone can talk Bob Charrette into a deal, it could happen again, but it would take a LOT of patience...

However, I've heard nothing since the earlier 'creative differences', as I would have put it.

Doug

Offline MaleGriffin

• Mastermind
  • Don't bother running.... You'll just die tired....
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 07:02:04 PM »
I'd love to see them in production again.
Hoc quoque transibit
Sanguinem sistit semper

Offline DLIinVSF

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 02:36:21 PM »
Great shame, really useful range to fill out my Space 1889 Martians. We can but hope that someone in the US (as I doubt a Euro supplier could do it alone or with the trans-Atlantic crossover) will make him an offer and we can have access to them again.

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 02:53:51 PM »
I'd do it in a second for him, but I don't know how to get ahold of him.  I'd ask the Brigade Games guy but he doesn't seem the most approachable chap.

Offline MaleGriffin

• Mastermind
  • Don't bother running.... You'll just die tired....
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 02:19:06 AM »
I'm trying to contact Bob Charrette via Facebook.

Offline VonAkers

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 08:45:04 AM »
Guys
It looks like nothing is happening with Parroom then.
Which seems a bit strange  & bit petulant  lol, ( give me the moulds back but I wont use them , or let any body else... ever ) ::) ::)
That is a shame , and poor business ....
I will use something else then , not the end of the world, just about every other sculpt except Rafm is better any way (imho)
Actually I am more than happy to give the cash to someone more deserving.
I think the Bronze Age Miniatures will fill out the ranks of my Martian Legions , I will need to do some conversions.
Watch this space .
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Cheers

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 12:23:48 PM »
Well, his property, his choice.  Just because you have something you don't have to sell it just because others think you should.  We are not talking life saving vaccines here.
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 01:47:48 PM »
Yup, it's important not to be too harsh on someone who has spent a good deal of effort to create something for others.  You can judge Warlord or GW or some of the big guys who employ people who depend on them by a different standard.

But for guys who create/pay for small lines, there is sooo much more to it than you see on a website where things are sold.  There are many things to consider

• Is my spouse OK with me risking money on something she doesn't understand?
  • How much of my time will take up?  My children are young now and will only be young once.
  • Is it OK that I spend this much time on something that doesn't make ANY money?
  • Am I loosing family time due to commitments that this expansion of minis will take?  Is that a good thing?
  • How much headache am I willing to put up with for NO profit?
  • How do I feel about folks criticizing things I am producing?  Producing something I don't have to do....
  • Am I still interested in this genre enough to warrant all the time and effort?  Because I'm doing it for personal satisfaction rather than monetary reward...
  • What do I have to give up to my wife in return for the amount of my home that will be taken up with with storage/production?
  • Do I want a constant barrage of emails from folks telling what I could do differently?
  • Do I want to listen to complaints about how much it is to ship my products, even though I have no control of it...
  • Do I miss painting and playing games?  Because now I spend my time filling orders rather than painting...

If the answer to some of these starts to be no or not as much as I used to, then you simply stop selling your products.  Asking someone to give away something that they have spent years building simply because you want it also seems rather simplistic, cut the guy some slack :)  There are many people building things for others because they enjoy it rather than because they are making money.  
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 01:49:27 PM by fergal »

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 01:48:59 PM »
oops, double

Offline XCIV

• Scientist
    • Victoria's Boys in Red
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2017, 04:19:59 AM »
I just wish I could get my hands on one of the larger airships Bob was doing. And some Martian flight crew.
J

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." -- Winston Churchill
"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready." -- Theodore Roosevelt