Forum > Age of the Big Battalions

ROOFTILES OF LA HAIE SAINTE

(1/5) > >>

miltiades:
Hello guys,
I need your help with this
What kind and what colour were the tiles of the famous farm in 1815?
I want to paint the AIRFIX kit "Waterloo Farm house" as "historically as possible"
The picture of this  kit has the farmhouse in red tiles. When I visited the site of Waterloo in 2010, I saw the farmhouse in "grey" slate.
Now if you take a look at this link https://www.wiki-braine-lalleud.be/index.php5?title=Ferme_de_la_Haie_Sainte
you may see the farm in many old [some very very old] pics [in half of them in red and in half of them in grey tiles]
Please tell me what do you think?

thanks ,
miltiades

SteveBurt:
I think probably slate is correct.

miltiades:
thank you... I was thinking the same, although I am not sure

westwaller:
It may be worth having a look at contemporary paintings of the action, to see what colour the tiles where? Although, don't rely on paintings as your only source...

miltiades:

--- Quote from: westwaller on March 29, 2017, 11:42:22 AM ---It may be worth having a look at contemporary paintings of the action, to see what colour the tiles where? Although, don't rely on paintings as your only source...

--- End quote ---
Thanks. I have done my research and that's why I am a little confused. Some drawings show it in red tiles some others in grey slate.  There are also pictures that show grey slate but others show some buildings in grey slate and some others in red! Very confusing

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version