Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:41:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689775
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Salute 2017 Tribal and/or Maximilian Game  (Read 4710 times)

Offline Nic

• Librarian
Re: Salute 2017 Tribal and/or Maximilian Game
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2017, 03:07:24 AM »
Love the Mountain fin - like a Great White Shark cutting through the tables at Salute!

Nic

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
    • Forge of Ice on Faceboook!
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2017, 06:20:29 PM »
Love the Mountain fin - like a Great White Shark cutting through the tables at Salute!

Nic

I love everything about this!

And, nice work on my tents!

Offline werekake

• Librarian
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2017, 11:23:37 PM »
Cheers Alxbates - glad you like it all. The tents painted up a treat, well-sculpted for that purpose. ;)

Nic - the great white shark is slowly turning oxide red.

A bit of flock and scatter will hopefully lighten it up, like Wes has done for this base section

The players' dashboards I've pretty much finished

And Viv at Knights of Dice has put together a movement template for us

Just a couple more days before we fly out of Melbourne on our long trip to London! <gulp>

Offline werekake

• Librarian
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2017, 10:55:35 PM »
Wes has finished the ridge and it's an absolute beauty - works well on the Badlands mat as well.

The Tribal Denisovans on one of Wes' hills:

Mad Maximillian and his car - the 'First of the V8 interceptors'. ;)

A better shot of the car, painted up by Kosta

Offline werekake

• Librarian
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2017, 10:32:58 PM »
Flying out this morning! Managed to squeeze the ridge-terrain into my luggage... really hoping things don't break.

Lon has the eucalypts, cars and figures squeezed into his bag. Note the Salute map with specific stalls marked out for purchases... our wallets are gonna take a battering.

Stop off at Dubai for a couple of days (36-37 degrees) and then London (15-16 degrees)... Will hopefully have pics from Salute!

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2017, 11:11:59 PM »
Bon voyage.

Make sure you have enough fuel for the trip home.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 11:10:52 PM by von Lucky »
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2017, 02:07:31 PM »
Happy travelling.

Offline Freelancer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2017, 08:51:46 PM »
Don't worry guys, I have just come down from Scotland well stocked with bottles of the fuel we need. Catch you in London  ;)

Offline Duke Donald

• Mastermind
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2017, 09:02:04 PM »
Wow! This is all absolutely fantastic. The mudmen are particularly cool!

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2017, 10:32:55 PM »
I met the chaps and had a quick run through of the Maximillian game.  I like the movement rules with the template. The more extreme the turn you want to throw the car into or the greater the speed, the less control you have over where the car will end up. So you can plan what you want to do but that doesn't mean you will be able to do it.  Strong possibility I will buy into this game when the rules come out, and you can use easily available diecast cars, and go to town on pimping/armouring them up.
Thanks Lon! I never did find the Eureka stand though to buy the crew figures...
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline Freelancer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2017, 07:42:38 AM »
Apparently they sold out all their car stock on the day.

Offline Matakakea

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2017, 04:54:58 PM »
The games did look good in the 'flesh'. It's a pity the Mudmen didn't make it over, but the Cro-Magnon's looked good in their place. I got a set of Denisovans from Eureka, a printed copy of Tribal, and the Primeval supplement as well. Now I just need some opposition for the Denisovans and few animals to scatter around the table. Are you planning a visit for next years Salute?  :D
I'm not a mercenary. Killing's more of a hobby for me.

Offline werekake

• Librarian
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2017, 01:40:04 AM »
The games did look good in the 'flesh'. It's a pity the Mudmen didn't make it over, but the Cro-Magnon's looked good in their place. I got a set of Denisovans from Eureka, a printed copy of Tribal, and the Primeval supplement as well. Now I just need some opposition for the Denisovans and few animals to scatter around the table. Are you planning a visit for next years Salute?  :D

Ah bugger, sorry I didn't get to meet you - give you a big old maori bear-hug and a hongi greeting. ;)

I got confused by the toilet situation at Salute this year, and ended up wandering the perimeter of the venue until I realised I had to go outside to get to the lavatories. This, along with the distractions of games/traders, meant I missed an hour or two at the gaming table.

Yup, I think we'll be back for next year. My wife wants to run the London Marathon to complete her 'world majors' - so I've got permission to come over and play again. Of course, this all depends on whether or not London Warlords will have us back again...

Glad you liked Tribal. Sorry about the lack of mudmen - Viv (the bowler-hat wearing friend) - forgot to bring them...  >:(

What sort of setting are you thinking of playing your Denisovans in? I like to think that they could be used from Australia through the asiatic steppes and onto Europe - i.e they're nomadic hunter-gatherers suited to plains-living. Recent studies suggest they were found from Europe thru to Siberia and into SE asia and Australia - mixing with Neanderthals and others. for eg. http://science.sciencemag.org/content/early/2017/04/26/science.aam9695.full

So... long story short - play them with whatever you like!

Some shots of our day at Salute. It was really good fun - meeting people and chatting about our games. I think most people couldn't believe we'd come all the way from Aus to play some games.

The Maximilian game: Firefly vs Green Machine

Kangaroos in a desert setting

This kid loved racing his Dad - blew his Dad's car up with his flamethrower!

Adam explains Tribal to a gamer... introduced the game to some spanish punters as well, who loved it.

Alan Marsh came over to have a look at the figures he's sculpted thru Eureka. He's made the maori, the denisovans, and the drivers/Mad-Maxiimilian figure. He's never played a wargame before, so we tried to introduce him to the concept of wargaming... not sure he got it, entirely... ;)

Thanks to everyone who came along to introduce themselves play -  hope you enjoyed yourself!

« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 01:42:26 AM by werekake »

Offline c.rett@hotmail.com

• Lurker
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2017, 02:53:43 AM »
Looking fantastic!  I am especially interested where I can get the cars and rules for the Maximilian Game???

Thanks!

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2017, 10:05:32 PM »
Same. I've asked on a different forum how many cars per side for a typical game, if basing makes a difference and an ETA.