Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:47:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690727
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: necromunda  (Read 11342 times)

Offline raykey

• Student
necromunda
« on: April 03, 2017, 09:34:29 PM »
Got a bit excited earlier today, GW are resurrecting Necromunda, memories flood back of days gone by building gangs etc, then GW giveth and GW taketh away, you can build Space marine units to fight each other, yawn, Are well such is life

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
Re: necromunda
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 10:49:55 PM »
Got a bit excited earlier today, GW are resurrecting Necromunda, memories flood back of days gone by building gangs etc, then GW giveth and GW taketh away, you can build Space marine units to fight each other, yawn, Are well such is life
From my understanding, the rulesets are identical, or close enough that you can just use your old gangs...

Offline Bloodaxe

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 11:13:10 PM »
Not Necromunda.  $250 set to play skirmish rules with existing armies from what I saw so far. Tau, Marines, Orcs. No gangs....at least from what I saw. Bleh.

Offline pancakeonions

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 12:00:15 AM »
Yes, it sounds Necromunda-ish.  A small scale skirmish game that you can play by buying a single box of figures.  I have enough GW toys that I'll likely check it out, but it's too bad it's not a more formal resurrection of that game.

Perhaps if it does well, they might be inspired to release an expansion book that covers hive gangs and hive city warfare specifically.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 12:12:45 AM »
It's not Necromunda, but it is heavily inspired (rules wise) from the original game.

Having read most of the rules I could find online, watched/read a few battle reports and looked up the PDF...it's really a mash-together of Kill Team and Necromunda.  They removed a lot of the post-game depth from Necromunda and have introduced much more skilled/violent models.  The games should be quite quick and people have said that a campaign can be run in a day or two (players accumulate promethium caches --- the first to 15 win).

Sadly the books are limited to plastic kits which are available in bundles through GW.  The terrain, however, looks excellent.

I'll play it when Audrey gets her copy but it's "not" Necromunda, that is correct.  Just a new skirmish 40K game.  If they support it and bring a lot more info/options to the bands that'd be stellar --- folks are already swapping out Necromunda tables/charts/skills to thicken it up a bit.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 01:03:09 AM »
I have to say I'm excited about this. I love the 40K universe but I just can't get into battles with 80 models per side. Something simple like this appeals to me. I took a look at Kill-Team, but it's just a modification of the 40K rules. I'm sick of reading full rules sets just to play a portion of the game. Where as the GW box games have been a lot of fun. Hell, they even add rules for some of them in White Dwarf. (Anyone notice the additional rules for Imperial Knights Renegades in an issue a couple months ago?) Maybe if this sells they'll make another box game of proper Necromunda.

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 04:23:14 AM »
Well it sold. 
It sold out, in 3 minutes in North America. 

I'm going to try to get a copy from my FLGS on Saturday. 

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 02:08:30 AM »
Necromunda is one of the few GW games that I played and enjoyed. Seeing as I have plenty of figs, GW or otherwise, I'll pick up the rules and counters on eBay eventually.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 05:48:51 AM »
Yeah. I was excited when I heard about Necromunda being reanimated. I do hope they bring out a "hive gangs" expansion. Then there will be proper rules for genestealer gangs in a hive. I always wanted to have a stealer cult gang in necromunda.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 07:17:23 AM »
Yeah. I was excited when I heard about Necromunda being reanimated. I do hope they bring out a "hive gangs" expansion. Then there will be proper rules for genestealer gangs in a hive. I always wanted to have a stealer cult gang in necromunda.

The rules for Stealer Cults are already on the GW website to download!
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 08:46:41 AM »
Yep, got them. I was meaning though that if they have a hive gang supplement then you can pit gangers against the cult.

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2017, 09:44:15 AM »
Well it sold. 
It sold out, in 3 minutes in North America. 

I'm going to try to get a copy from my FLGS on Saturday. 
I think it is also sold out in the stores! Over here in the Old World even the shops had no chance. Strange policy.
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2017, 10:05:34 AM »
While the terrain is ace and the game looks fun (Necromunda/2ed 40k rules ARE fun so that goes without saying) several things about this annoy me. The whole Limited Edition thing is just a pain and seems an artificial method of drumming up interest like they've done with other games (that get inevitable reissues like Space Hulk) and the fact it's packaged with the tired old SM Scouts and Ork boyz sprues.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2017, 11:27:41 AM »
Maybe this was a limited box set but another box set will come out and it will be Tyranids vs Grey Knights, or something like that but still have the same terrain, rulebook etc.

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2017, 01:02:09 PM »
I suspect that a number of their games will invariably be limited runs in reality. Kill Team is OOP for example. And that was one I was tempted to pick up.

Not tempted to buy a not-Necromunda Necromunda game however. Really disapointed if this is what they meant by their intention to release Necromunda.

The rules were good but it's more than the rules, it was the fact that you were gaming in a part of the 40k universe that wasn't dominated by space marines etc and felt that bit darker, one step removed, the very edges of humanity beneath all of that tech, scrabbling in the dirt trying to eek out some sort of living whilst fending off rivals. All whilst trying to climb the hive ladder to safety and wealth.

Glad I still have the old rules and enough gangs to keep me happy.
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus