Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:14:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 240203: Why 15mm gaming is best  (Read 140713 times)

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Trill approached the dockmaster overseeing the unloading of a massive cargo hauler. She asked her if she had noticed anything special during the unloading of 'The Salvation of Io'.

Rolling one dice to determine if Trill finds any leads. 3 - no lead.

Asking around by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

"Do you know how many transports I handle each day? I can check my PDA, wait a minute. Hmm... 'The Salvation of Io' passed through a while ago, carrying a bunch of crusties. Refugees from Aserba's Rift. Nothing else in my notes."

Gaztav approached a droid technician, working on some kind of busted machinery.

"Hello, my technological friend. Have you noted any computer enhanced humans, so called lobots, passning by lately?"

Making a dice roll. 4 - no lead.

Robot rejection by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

The droid continued working, without even acknowledging Gaztav.

Both Gaztav and Trill continued to ask around, but to no avail. Lobots don't differ enough in appearance from ordinary cybernetically enhanced humans to leave a lasting impression, it seemed.

Another dud by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

No one remembers a single lobot by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 09:53:10 PM by Ockman »

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
What bad luck, they might have to check the other side of the spaceport, maybe some sort of drinking establishment  or a berthing facility.

Doug
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
Ah Gaz is a gobbo! Should have guessed  lol! Love the mini as we and that star is a lovely touch!

The game looks like it's turning out well too. Never tried to do/play an RPG before so this is interesting! Gaz should maybe have threatened that bit though   :D

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Who could possibly know anything about the lobot known as Cernovich? Gaztav decided to try to get some information from the nearest customs officer.

I roll one die to check for leads: 1 - a lead, but also a threat.

First lead, first threat by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

"Officer! Head office and I need to know: Not very long ago, 'The Salvation of Io' unloaded here. It was carrying something rather ...odd?"

"I remember that. A shipful of Crusty refugees and this one lobot who looked like a Wixat plant, blinkning lights changing colour like I've never seen before. But I've already told head office about this..."

"Eh, well thank you, madam. I did say that head office and I needed to know..."

"You sneaky git! SECURITY!"

Gaztav decided to beat it before security arrived, muttering about the unnecessary usage of xenophobic slurs.

As security entered the area, searching for a Malig grifter, Trill tried to coax more information from a hard working droid, but learned nothing new
(dice roll = 5). Gaztav kept his head down, trying to avoid security. He managed to send a message to Trill, sharing his newfound knowledge.

Starport security looking for a Malig suspect by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Gaztav sneaking away by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

While security continued to pursue Gaztav, Trill approached a starport medical officer, asking some questions about digital diseases lobots could catch.

Rolling one die: 1 - threat and lead.

Trouble keeps brewing by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

"If a lobot were to show strange lighting  patterns, we would be mandated to keep them in quarantine until diagnostics okayed them. We had one like that here a short while ago, but he managed to leave. He said that since he no longer was bound to any master, he was to be seen as a cybernetically enhanced human, rather than a lobot. He travelled on with the Crusty refugees before I got my orders to keep him here."

Trill thanked the officer and walked away. She sent a message to Gaztav, updating him on the latest lead. Meanwhilst, the medical officer sent a message of his own: 'Someone asked. A bounty hunter, by the looks of it. Hurry!"

More trouble by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
What bad luck, they might have to check the other side of the spaceport, maybe some sort of drinking establishment  or a berthing facility.

Doug

Now they are getting closer! Perhaps they can find more leads where people are drinking alcohol...

Ah Gaz is a gobbo! Should have guessed  lol! Love the mini as we and that star is a lovely touch!

The game looks like it's turning out well too. Never tried to do/play an RPG before so this is interesting! Gaz should maybe have threatened that bit though   :D

I think that Gaz doesn't want to be that stereotypical Malig. Less violence, more cunning!

It's a lot fun to play RPGs, I love it!

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
Always a good read..... keep it up my friend. :D

Love the graffiti ... & the walls

Keep it up
Z
http://castrarunis.blogspot.com/

Imagine & you can.
Most see shapes you must see possibilities.
Z

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Always a good read..... keep it up my friend. :D

Love the graffiti ... & the walls

Keep it up
Z

Thanks, Z! It's a joy to write AARs!

I can't take credit for the walls or the graffiti, since I was gifted it from Spacejacker, but I sure love them as well!

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Gaztav and Trill had found a couple of leads on the whereabouts of the lobot known as Cernovich. He had arrived with a group of Crusty refugees and his lobot gear had been acting weird. He was supposed to be quarantined, but got out before the order could be effectuated, claiming to be a free man with cybernetic implants, rather than a lobot.

The investigation had not gone unnoticed. Gaztav had alerted security when he tried to get some information under false pretence and Trill's questions about the lobot had put her in the sights of a mysterious stranger...

Sneaky hidey by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Gaztav found himself in a recreational area of the spaceport, where pilots and crews could relax during loading and unloading. A couple of pilots looked at him and saw his apparent distress. They nodded towards a collection of crates, where Gaztav could hide.

The security guards entered, asking the pilots if they had noticed anything out of the ordinary. The pilots shrugged. The guards started to search the area when something entirely else caught their attention...

Under attack! by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Trill Tanaka was about to follow the security guards, just in case Gaztav would need help with some kind of distraction or diplomatic support, when she caught a glimpse of something out of the corner of her eye. She dropped to the ground as two energy bolts seared the wall behind her.

The assailant rolled two dice, rolling a 1 and a 2, causing no damage.

Looking through a viewing port, the shooter realized that she hadn't managed to hit her target. But before she could get another shot off, Trill fired a burst in the assailant's general direction and at least one shot connected.

Trill returned fire with two dice (dropping one die, since the assailant was in cover), rolling a 5 and a 2, scoring one hit.

Return fire! by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

The security guards stopped looking for Gaztav as soon as they heard gunfire. Gaztav crawled out from behind the crates and thanked the pilots.

"You've been really helpful, friends! May I ask if you perchance have seen a lobot travelling with a bunch of crustaceans?"

The dice are finally with me - a roll of 6!

"We actually ferried them earlier! You want to know where they went? No problem, we left them close to Blackstair's Bluff. Let me upload the coordinates to your PDA."

Finally a lead! by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Gaztav sent a message to Trill to meet him back at the Peregrine. They moved fast, avoiding trouble along the way. Trill passed her assailant lying wounded on the floor, keeping the attacker in the crosshairs as she exited to bay 17, where Gaztav was waiting for her. Finally, they were closing in on Cernovich...

Back towards the Peregrine by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Ready to go! by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Nice write up! glad they are making headway in their search. 

Offline Oldben1

• Mastermind
    • My Terrain Projects
So fun, I can’t believe it!  You need a cantina!

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Nice write up! glad they are making headway in their search.

Thank you, Doug!

Cernovich has been dodging them for too long!

So fun, I can’t believe it!  You need a cantina!

Thanks, Michael! There are so many things I would like to add to my collection. A cantina would surely fit!

(I think that the next thing coming up will be jungle terrain, old ruins and shanties)

Offline Skullhamma

• Scientist
    • 15mm through space and time blog
Glorious! These adventures really come to life with your awesome minis and terrain!

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Glorious! These adventures really come to life with your awesome minis and terrain!

Thanks, Skully!

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 200313: Welcome to the jungle
« Reply #718 on: March 13, 2020, 01:29:00 PM »
Welcome to the jungle! by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

I've spent the last two nights creating a jungle. Since Golgotha Prime has varied climate, one can have many different sets of plants!

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 200313: Welcome to the jungle
« Reply #719 on: March 13, 2020, 02:19:40 PM »
Very nice indeed, that is going to add lots of adventures!

I need to get my jungle together, I have three different plastic plants right now but I want to add palm trees too, guess I need to get looking for them.