Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:15:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689757
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 240203: Why 15mm gaming is best  (Read 143052 times)

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 200228: Trill Tanaka
« Reply #690 on: March 03, 2020, 09:56:30 PM »
I hope you enjoyed your trip even if it was for work and your current trip as well, hope you found lots of goodies and happy hunting.  :D
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
Re: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 200228: Trill Tanaka
« Reply #691 on: March 04, 2020, 07:12:19 PM »
Great story, also waiting to know what happened to Gaztav and the mystery attackers!

Happy hunting in Gothenburg! You never know what you might find!  :D

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 200228: Gaztav G
« Reply #692 on: March 04, 2020, 11:26:54 PM »
Gaztav by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Before the Age of Isolation and the breakdown of FTL travel and communications, the United Government enforced certain principles pertaining to research. The ethical principles of research were construed to maintain a balance between the risks of damage caused by research and the possible gains made. During the Age of Isolation, these principles were often abandoned, which led both to amazing scientific breakthroughs as well as worlds turned into ruined wastelands, inhabited by the dead alone.

Project Philotes, named after an ancient deity of friendship, aimed to explore and strengthen interspecies relations. The secret project focused mainly on creating friendly relationships with hostile alien species, with the main intent to investigate the viability to integrate them into the United Government. The project had many great successes (the integration of Octopods, Tronks and many more) and some great failures (the Kroxans, who used their newly gained trust to backstab the United Government, to name one).

One of the subjects who passed through Project Philotes was Gaztav G. Most of the project personnel assumed that the G stood for gobbo, gretchin, goblin, grot or greenskin, but Maligs (or Vættur) would never call themselves slurs like that.

Gaztav was brought into the project as a newly born, after an ark with Malig non-combatants was captured close to Aserba's Rift. Raised in the project by United Government personnel, Gaztav was singled out to join the aptitude program. He showed great promise and excelled in everything from piloting and mechanics, to deduction and problem solving.

It wasn't easy fitting in, though, as there are many prejudices against Maligs (and not everyone associated with Project Philotes was interested in its success). Gaztav didn't really feel like he belonged and chose to hide behind dark glasses, a helmet, gloves and a huge scarf, showing as little skin as possible. He preferred reading mystery novels to socializing and it wasn't until he met Trill Tanaka that he realized that he had been missing something important in his life: friendship.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #693 on: March 05, 2020, 02:12:44 AM »
Very nice background story for Gaztav G, looking forward to his and Trill's adventures!

Offline Oldben1

• Mastermind
    • My Terrain Projects
« Reply #694 on: March 05, 2020, 02:33:04 AM »
That guys will fit in nicely.  I can’t believe the star on the back of the helmet!

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #695 on: March 05, 2020, 06:21:24 PM »
Very nice background story for Gaztav G, looking forward to his and Trill's adventures!

Thanks, Doug! Hopefully I'll get some time to type an AAR soon!

That guys will fit in nicely.  I can’t believe the star on the back of the helmet!

Thanks, Michael!

That star was a lot of work (and swearing)!

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #696 on: March 06, 2020, 03:50:07 PM »
Nice job dude, I love that mini!

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #697 on: March 06, 2020, 07:15:53 PM »
Nice job dude, I love that mini!

Thanks, mate! I do too!

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 200306: The case of the missing lobot
« Reply #698 on: March 06, 2020, 07:17:22 PM »
The case of the missing lobot

The death of far trader Molox Blot led to a massive influx of relatives, close and distant, to her asteroid estate. Potential heirs were searching for Blot's will and all her treasures. Neither was found. Gone was her loyal lobot Cernovich as well, freed from bondage after the death of his master.

Trill Tanaka and Gaztav G were hired by Molox Blot's favourite niece, Calla Blot, to find Cernovich before anyone else. When found, they are supposed to tell him a password phrase and record whatever answer Cernovich gives...

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 200306: The case of the missing lobot
« Reply #699 on: March 06, 2020, 09:59:01 PM »
Trill and Gaztav were closing in on Cernovich, they had recently all been at Victoria Asteroid Station at the same time. Unfortunately, Cernovich had left on a transport heading towards Golgotha Prime  before Gaztav and Trill found his name on the ship's manifest.

Following in Cernovich's tracks, they headed towards Golgotha Prime and the starport where the transport was supposed to go...

Setup by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

This is the first game of my campaign. I haven't decided on a which rules to use, so I made some freestyle rules. Inspired by Arkham Horror, I'm using D6 where each 5+ is a success. My characters are looking for leads, interviewing NPCs. I need three leads, every NPC can be interviewed once. On a 6, we get one lead. On a 1, we get one lead as well, but also one threat. To win the game, both characters must return to the ship after getting three leads (together).

Trill and Gaztav by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

"'Peregrine', you are clear to land in bay 17."

"Okay, Gaztav - how do you want to play it?"

"I think we can collect more information faster if we split up. What do you think?"

"Sounds good. You've got your communicator on?"

"Yeah, how about you?"

"Uh-huh. Let's go!"

Starport search by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Nice start to a big story.

Your Spaceport looks great too!

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Nice start to a big story.

Your Spaceport looks great too!

Thank you!

The terrain tiles were donated to me from Spacejacker, one of the best things that ever happened to me hobbywise!

Offline Oldben1

• Mastermind
    • My Terrain Projects
Great stuff!

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
The terrain tiles were donated to me from Spacejacker, one of the best things that ever happened to me hobbywise!

That is Super Cool!

I see now that I will have to make a set for myself!

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Great stuff!

Thanks, mate! More coming up!

That is Super Cool!

I see now that I will have to make a set for myself!

I have a whole undercoated set of tiles I made myself, but never got around to paint it. If I paint 7 more tiles, I can make a 4x4 setup.