Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:51:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690830
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (Modular) Stonework Ramblings  (Read 11779 times)

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
Re: (Modular) Stonework Ramblings
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2017, 08:21:04 PM »
That
Is
Bloody
Excellent
!

Thank you Elk!

I'll try to keep this thread up-to-date, despite the remarkable lack of replies compared to my other posts on the net. I wonder if it's because of the topic or simply the decreasing number of active users here.

Anyways. As soon as i'll get the new silicone i ordered i'll make molds for everything!

Cheers,
Jack

Offline Patrice

• Mastermind
  • Breizh / Brittany
    • "Argad!"
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2017, 08:27:23 PM »
the remarkable lack of replies compared to my other posts on the net.

Ah? Or the fact it's in the Fantasy section?

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2017, 08:50:29 PM »
That is a fantastic idea. I love the modular walls.

Offline Slayer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2017, 12:51:36 AM »
those walls look fantastic, would be perfect for Mordhiem
the early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese

Offline tomogui

• Scientist
  • Treading softly.
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2017, 01:23:23 AM »
Your walls are so pretty! Love em.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2017, 09:22:16 AM »
Looking great! If the price is right, I could see me investing in quite a bit of these.  ;)

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2017, 10:31:56 AM »
Thank you everyone!

those walls look fantastic, would be perfect for Mordhiem
Probably a bit too old style for the reinaissance looking mordheim, although i rather prefere this style to that. Well, the small dents on the top of the ruins are meant for wooden sockets. maybe that will help!

Looking great! If the price is right, I could see me investing in quite a bit of these.

Thanks WK! That would not depend by me though! Ideally you could paint and assemble them at will every time, but i worry about the joints chipping the paint off. We'll see i think. :)

Ah? Or the fact it's in the Fantasy section?
That might be it, but TBH i wouldn't know where to post them instead, as the workbench section didn't give better results in the past. The whole LAF system has always been quite dispersive, but recently it seems to me that it kinda slowed down, and it's a real shame since i really love LAF.
BTW, if the admins feel that this thread should be moved, why not! ^^

Anyways, still awaiting for the silicon, once i've got a few copies of each piece i'll share my first builds! :)

What i gotta do now is a 2 cm tall set of ruined walls that should be used on top of the ones here. So much to do. :(

Offline Khadrin Stonetooth

• Scientist
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2017, 12:49:24 PM »
I just love them walls but I'm a 15-18 mm guy so unfortunately they won't do it for me, they're way too big. But again I love them.

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2017, 11:04:34 AM »
I just love them walls but I'm a 15-18 mm guy so unfortunately they won't do it for me, they're way too big. But again I love them.

Oh, i really understand you. 15mm is my to-go for scifi, but for fantasy (where characterization of each model is important) i'd rather go for a larger scale.
I doubt that such a modular system for 15mm would be viable: far too many parts! Maybe larger pieces joined together might work though.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2017, 11:06:40 AM »
Thanks WK! That would not depend by me though! Ideally you could paint and assemble them at will every time, but i worry about the joints chipping the paint off. We'll see i think. :)

Personally, I'd assemble and glue them together before painting to build various fixed pieces. You lose the modular nature, but I see them more as a great resource for building custom ruins than as a modular set anyway. :)

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2017, 11:23:14 AM »
Bugger Jack, I completely missed this topic on here as well. (to much time on facebook and not LAF? maybe...)

You already know I think these are brilliant, but I don't think I've seen the double height walls before, those, in particular, really look good to me. For some reason, many of the ruins I have visited in my life tend to go that route, a couple of tall walls which quickly drop of into nothing. This might be due to human intervention but it still looks "right"
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2017, 11:31:34 AM »
Personally, I'd assemble and glue them together before painting to build various fixed pieces. You lose the modular nature, but I see them more as a great resource for building custom ruins than as a modular set anyway. :)

I am planning to do the same, since i will have virtually an unlimited amount of those. However, considering that resin scenery are not that cheap, i imagine many would appreciate the idea of repositionable and easier to store parts. Again, i guess each one will be able to choose, in a way. :)

Bugger Jack, I completely missed this topic on here as well. (to much time on facebook and not LAF? maybe...)

You already know I think these are brilliant, but I don't think I've seen the double height walls before, those, in particular, really look good to me. For some reason, many of the ruins I have visited in my life tend to go that route, a couple of tall walls which quickly drop of into nothing. This might be due to human intervention but it still looks "right"

Thanks Tim! :)
Ideally, i'd love to be able to build towers (or half-destroyed ones) stacking multiple parts one on another. They have no socket, so i think i'll have to glue them in position, but you get the idea. :)

As for the human intervention, that's the main reason why there are no rubbles on the ground, so i guess it's ok! :)

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2017, 11:37:24 AM »
As for the human intervention, that's the main reason why there are no rubbles on the ground, so i guess it's ok! :)

Well, if there is a ruin nearby that is a perfect source for building stones, so removing them isn't necessarily a modern thing.

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2017, 11:59:05 AM »
Well, if there is a ruin nearby that is a perfect source for building stones, so removing them isn't necessarily a modern thing.

my point exactly! :) Unless of course there are goblins around. A common problem in the middle ages. lol

So: suggestions for the next pieces? The chimney is VERY tempting, and the well will be done FOR SURE, but not in the basic set i think.

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2017, 09:49:40 PM »
Nice work, Jack  :)
Very well done