Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:40:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686605
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Solo play Pulp Alley  (Read 1631 times)

Offline Benny

• Librarian
Solo play Pulp Alley
« on: April 17, 2017, 08:38:04 AM »
Hello all, I have just finished my 3D dungeon tiles and am now adding lots of Weird War/Pulp computers and so on to make it into a secret Ratzi base for Cap America or Indy Jones to raid. I'm now wondering if there is a Solo Play or Role Playing GM vs player style of version of Pulp Alley. If no actual rules exist for this has someone played something similar and can they recommend modifications to the rules to make it work? Thanks in advance.

Offline gnomehome

• Mad Scientist
Re: Solo play Pulp Alley
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 12:16:38 PM »
Hello all, I have just finished my 3D dungeon tiles and am now adding lots of Weird War/Pulp computers and so on to make it into a secret Ratzi base for Cap America or Indy Jones to raid. I'm now wondering if there is a Solo Play or Role Playing GM vs player style of version of Pulp Alley. If no actual rules exist for this has someone played something similar and can they recommend modifications to the rules to make it work? Thanks in advance.

The latest Pulp Alley book (Tomb of the serpent) has rules for solo play. I haven't tried them though.
I like my games like my orange juice: pulpy with no added sugar or artificial sweeteners

Offline pistolpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Rent money is for rent - telly savalas
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 12:19:40 PM »
Benny - yes there are pulp alley solo rules found in the tomb of the serpent book, along with the solo deck; both can be found on their store website.   Having played a couple of solo games i can testify they are quite fun.

Offline ragsthetiger

• Scientist
  • Phantom Agent
    • rags' gallery
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 06:04:54 PM »
By all means invest in the Tomb of the Serpent supplement -- it contains the rules, and photocopy versions of the play decks, for both Solo Play and the Horror rules addition.  I have used both extensively, and they work very well and are great fun to play with, both separately and together.
rags

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 07:41:27 AM »
The Tomb of the Serpent is jam-packed with tons of pulpy goodness - including the Pulp Alley solo rules and cards. But you can also get the solo rules and deck separately.  ;)

https://store.pulpalley.com/product-p/p1313.htm

https://store.pulpalley.com/product-p/1313.htm

Mila Phipps, Pulp Girl
mila@pulpalley.com

Offline Benny

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 09:22:21 AM »
Thanks all, i have only got the first (original) rule book so far.
Might be time to bite the bullet and buy the lot.
Also thinking of running a pulpy dungoen mission similar to Warhammer Quest/Hero Quest or Space Crusade for our clubs open day later in the year. I will let you all know how i go.

Offline pistolpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Rent money is for rent - telly savalas
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 09:46:21 PM »
Benny- looking forward to see how you make out.  Several others have sci-fi or fantasy AARs using pulp alley so it's easily adaptable even with just the core book.

Offline Benny

• Librarian
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 09:07:16 AM »
Thanks Pistol Pete, but I think you misunderstand me. Im not looking at a Sci-Fi or fantasy settings. I like my pulp in the 1920-40's but more along the lines of that style of game whee you more from room to room clearing out villains with a boss fight at the end, so in this case raiding a secret evil scientist base and offing mooks until a big fight with the scientist and his creations at the end. I will keep you up to date with how I go though.