Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 09:18:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Great Southern Wastelands  (Read 3585 times)

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
Re: The Great Southern Wastelands
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2017, 02:59:19 AM »
The Copplestone Future Wars range (distributed by North Star) can be found here:

http://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/list.php?cat=1&page=1

Very nice miniatures that I may at some stage supplement with Moonraker.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 01:04:30 AM by Muzfish4 »

Offline Leigh Metford

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2017, 12:12:01 PM »
A small correction: 'Kill Zone' was written by Nick Lund, with some editing by Mark Copplestone.

Offline AngusH

• Bookworm
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2017, 01:14:24 AM »
Thanks for the info, I love reading about these older games I've never heard of.

Spent some time beefing up a raider brute this morning with some 40k bitz that have been gathering dust for a long time:

Offline AngusH

• Bookworm
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2017, 01:39:42 AM »
I'm using this piece of broken highway overpass as the test piece for how I'm going to paint all of my overpass & road pieces:

I'm just not sure how far to take it as far as "post apoc" goes. I was thinking about something similar to the pic below, with static grass growing in the cracks on the road surface and along the side of the road, and maybe vines up the side of the overpass supports, but would this be maybe too far future for a post apoc setting?

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2017, 02:09:50 AM »
That should be fine -  it would actually fit any time post-apoc.  This could be the last of multiple times plants were growing on it, or the first.

Looks like a winner to me.
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2017, 06:55:59 AM »
Might be worth seeing if you can find this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_After_People for inspiration.

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2017, 03:27:59 PM »
Hah! Every time those showed up on cable, I put them on as background while hobbying.

Offline AngusH

• Bookworm
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2017, 11:51:17 AM »
Life After People was something I always meant to watch... this project is probably a good excuse to do just that.

I got about 90% done with my first mini for this project before my painting globe died on me, so I still have to tidy him up and finish the base. I wanted to go all-out 80s/rogue trooper on him, but I'm not sure if I'll stick with that theme for the rest of my raiders too. I tried a couple of things I've never tried before here, in particular the leopard spots. They looked a hell of a lot better on the piece of paper I practiced on, but I think they look OK from a distance. I also attempted to copy opponenttheory's skin recipe from his Walking Dead tutorials. Doesn't look nearly as good as his, but it's way better than my usual skin tone...

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2017, 07:10:17 AM »
Very nice.

Does leopard skin print last longer or is it just what you wear when everything else has worn out? ^___^.

It is nicely done.

Offline AngusH

• Bookworm
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2017, 12:46:17 PM »
Very nice.

Does leopard skin print last longer or is it just what you wear when everything else has worn out? ^___^.

It is nicely done.

Thanks!

With most of my terrain having now arrived, I wanted to see if I had enough to fill a 4x4 table... I think it looks OK, maybe a few smaller pieces away. And yeah, I have a lot of painting in front of me...   o_o

Offline nedius

• Librarian
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2017, 03:44:10 PM »
Are they Knights of Dice buildings?

Offline AngusH

• Bookworm
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2017, 09:28:52 PM »
Are they Knights of Dice buildings?

Yep, Knights of Dice.

Offline AngusH

• Bookworm
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2017, 12:03:15 PM »
I was looking for a unique model to act as my raider warband 'The Huns' leader, Atilla (to keep with the historic names from New Vegas), so I gave HeroForge a shot. Not the best photo, but I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the print. You can see the striations pretty clearly though, so I'll be interested to see how he paints up. He's also a little tall compared to the rest of my warband, so I think I might keep him on the flatter base he's moulded on, rather than the more raised scenic bases I've been using for the others. Considering the cost of getting him made and shipped, it's not something I'm likely to do again.

I also finished off two of my test pieces of terrain, going for an overgrown/long abandoned look - decades after The Fall:

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2017, 04:47:09 PM »
The Em4 Future Skirmish range is in fact the old Grenadier range sculpted by Mark Copplestone, to accompany which Nick Eyre wrote the 'Kill Zone' rules. Copplestone's own Future Wars range was a direct continuation/replication of that range.

Lots of the original Copplestone models can be found at Forlorn Hope, Mirilton and Moonraker:

https://www.forlornhopegames.com/collections/28mm-future-skirmish

http://www.mirliton.it/index.php?cName=future-warrior-28-mm

http://moonrakerminiatures.com/politically.htm

;)

"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)